Someone hacks an account in few hours, NCSOFT support takes more than 7 days to solve it

Fragana

A friend got his account e-mail changed by a hacker during the night, more than 7 days ago. NCSOFT support, after being contacted and asking lots of (legitimate) requirements and identity proof, keeps sending stereotyped responses to him, but seems totally unable to solve it. 

NCSOFT support doesn't allow anyone to send tickets on friend's behalf, which is pretty understandable if the support was working in an effective way.

NCSOFT support says "Please wait for a response from Customer Support and note bumping your ticket will also delay a response from the team, and maybe that's why your answer is delayed. An answer can take 24 hours to 72 hours..." which a is a total unprofessional and even immature thing to say to clients. Yes. We are clients and should be treated as clients.

NCSOFT support keeps replying with stereotyped answers, but lacks an effective and professional approach: (1) which steps had been taken to solve the problem, (2) Which steps are left so the problem is finally solved (3) the expected ammount of time so the account is returned to its legitimate owner.

I'm very disapointed with this because it is a very exciting game with a not so exciting support and staff, that doesn't seem to treat players (and payers) with the respect they deserve.

I can totally understand that, but but but:

- why can't they give more precise information about the process, or at least, about the expected schedule for a solution, even if 10 days, 1 month, whatever...? It would benefit everyone: the victims would wait without spamming mails in despair, support could focus on the problems without having to worry about sending "comforting" and stereotyped emails everyday, which only effect is to raise even more the anxiety of victims

- and also why are so many accounts stolen and used as botters? 

Because there are a few among us, for whatever reasons, believed in those false whisper from GM that they've won something and went to those false NCwest website and voluntarily gave the hacker log in ID and password.

And yes, most are now complaining that the real NCsoft is too slow to help them.

I agree and I can can relate with everything you said, but pointing the obvious is not going to help here.

We all know that hacking is a major problem and that lots of games are destroyed everyday by hacks and bots, they are not only affecting "a few among us". Only arguing stupidity or naivety of the victims isn't solving this problem anywhere and bury our heads in the sand, with a it-was-not-me-it-wouldn't-never-happen-to-me neither. 

Besides that, my topic is (in the wrong forum, I know) that gaming companies, in this specific case NCSOFT, seem not to be prepared enough or sophisticated enough to deal with this. Or are you suggesting that the slow resolution and vague emails are part of a strategy to "punish" the hacked ones? If it is, I think they are fighting the wrong people with the wrong tools. Come on crickets' masters, you can do better than that...

Lol punish the hacked ones, maybe cause they are that stupid and believe some GM phishing shit.

If you get your account restored after believing that nonsense imagine yourself licking NCsofts feet cause that's what you should do (no feet fetish intended).

On 16/07/2016 at 9:58 PM, Fragana said:

- and also why are so many accounts stolen and used as botters? 

These so called "hackers",  DO NOT brute force accounts.. They get the username and password, very easily handed to them, by idiots that willingly input their details into shady websites because "Free stuff"...

Stop spamming the game company, because you are not able to wait.. you are not gonna make the process any faster, only slow it down even more.

And ofc they need to make 100% sure, you are the legitimate owner of the account.. so "hackers" wouldn't be able to lie and get ownership of accounts through support.

I've only ever contacted NCSoft, because of payment problems, and I've only gotten quick and very excellent help..

On 7/16/2016 at 9:25 AM, Fragana said:

A friend got his account e-mail changed by a hacker during the night, more than 7 days ago. NCSOFT support, after being contacted and asking lots of (legitimate) requirements and identity proof, keeps sending stereotyped responses to him, but seems totally unable to solve it. 

NCSOFT support doesn't allow anyone to send tickets on friend's behalf, which is pretty understandable if the support was working in an effective way.

NCSOFT support says "Please wait for a response from Customer Support and note bumping your ticket will also delay a response from the team, and maybe that's why your answer is delayed. An answer can take 24 hours to 72 hours..." which a is a total unprofessional and even immature thing to say to clients. Yes. We are clients and should be treated as clients.

NCSOFT support keeps replying with stereotyped answers, but lacks an effective and professional approach: (1) which steps had been taken to solve the problem, (2) Which steps are left so the problem is finally solved (3) the expected ammount of time so the account is returned to its legitimate owner.

I'm very disapointed with this because it is a very exciting game with a not so exciting support and staff, that doesn't seem to treat players (and payers) with the respect they deserve.

1. I don't even know why your friend would fall for that scam, but then again, he is not the only one.

2. They have to make sure he/she is the legit customer/owner of the account. I once contacted Blizzard for account related stuffs and they literally asked me to provide a copy of my ID (with picture ofc) to prove it. So yea, each company has its own method of verification. Some can be more lengthy than the others.

3. The text that you highlighted is just a generic message. They won't be able to give you precisely how long it will take them because, just like anybody else, once you commit to a precise time frame, you are bound to get it done by that time frame which you promised. If they were to say that they will get it back in 1 day and if that didn't happen after 1 day, you guys gonna get mad even more.

I have a clan member that got his account hacked, and he was able to get it back after 2 business days. The more people getting hacked, the longer the wait.

BnS NA doesn't have in game GM. Even if there is, they would not whisper you in game.

• 2 weeks later...

There is absolutely no correlation between how fast somebody can hack you (which is your responsibilty) and how fast an account can be recovered.

This is like saying, it took the Thief only 3 seconds to pickpocket somebodies valuables on the street so the police must also catch him in 3 seconds? WHY? JUST WHY?

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason your friend is vulnerable of the said hack is because they did something stupid, such as sharing their ID and password to suspicious phishing websites. I'm not saying that NCWest is doing good with their customer support, they are definitely lacking in speed of reply and how they solve the problem. However, this hacking problem can be easily avoided by adding 2nd step verification.

Jeeze, so it's just your impatience. It's not like the staff have nothing else to do and just wait on you hand and foot.

You're just expecting a royal treatment. Besides, you're asking for help, not demanding a compensation.

Archived