Way to Improve Currency Exchange (Inflation)

Sagittarius

As you guys may have known this issue that we having by now. As someone who regularly use the Currency Exchange before (As a seller), even though I'm rank 10 premium, but I have my saving/cheap moments. Don't want to always drop $10, $20 here and there all the time, just cause.

While the inflation of Currency Exchange is good for people(Buyers, myself occasionally) who are willing to spend Nccoin. It's becoming pointless for the sellers. 1:7 ratio now, unless you have absolutely nothing to spend your gold on and you are desperate, then yea, maybe...Most of us aren't desperate, that rate is just slit to the throat. If the Currency Exchange keeps dropping, I fear; not many people would even bother using it; again, unless you are desperate.

As you people at Ncsoft might think, "Oh if gold so cheap, people would buy more Nccoin and forget about the gold sellers."  It does sound good, doesn't it? Shoots 2 birds with 1 stone. On the downside, if the Currency Exchange rate drop so low, there wouldn't be anymore people who are willing to sell. Then what would you do? Bunch of buyers, but no sellers.

SOLUTION: I think you guys should put a CAP on how low the rate could go to prevent the worst to take place. We wouldn't mind 1:20, 1:30 ratio. It sounds fair, but anything under that. You are really digging your own graves; in this case, grave for Currency Exchange to R.I.P.

1. It's a revival of Currency Exchange, you wouldn't want it to go under since nobody willing to sell.
  2. You are allowing some breathing room for the Free-to-Play players; who cannot afford to pay for Nccoins. You need buyers to have sellers or vice versa.
  3. Option 1 and 2 combined, it would make this game LESS Pay-to-Win, don't you think?

A mod used to state that they can put a cap on, but it won't actually solve anything.

You cannot stop the decreasing exchange rate, due to people have higher and higher income of gold as they push out more and more content. Before, I only dare to sell like 5g for 1:40 per day with a humble income with about 15g from Silverfrost dailies. Now I can make 50-60g per day since Sogun's Lament is out and sell 10-15g per day. So do other people. If we don't count the number of players who do illegal RMT instead of currency exchange, then we always have oversupply, where more gold-sellers than gold-buyers, leading to a scene that favor buyers.

Events like Trove Treasure, reset items for Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate cause of Merchant of Wonder, release of outfit and race/gender change tickets... just make sellers become more desperate, and want to sell their gold for these items as fast as possible, even at lowest ratio. NCSoft do it very nicely to push the rate to favor the buyers, who use real money to buy NCoins, making them happy and spend more real money.

The rate will eventually become 1:1 or 1:2, at an alarming rate, as long as NCSoft continues to make sellers feel panic. The only way to slow the rate decrease down is, unfortunately, still in the power of NCSoft, who want to make money from gold-buyers who spend real cash to acquire cheaply a vast amount of gold for their playing from desperate sellers.

If NCSoft really steps in and slow down the rate, then they have some options:

-Make fixed rate of exchange like you suggest, but the mod already answer that it is not feasible.

-Punish minimum rate sellers with tax and promote maximum rate sellers. If the minimum is 1:7, and you try to sell at 1 gold for 7 HM coins, you suffer a greater tax, making you only get 4 coins instead of 6. But if you sell it at maximum rate, then you will get more lenient tax. Like selling at 1:10 and you get 10.

-Premium players have bonus coins from selling gold, enough to make up the with the tax, making more people want premiumship. And when they do, NCSoft can have the income to become more motivated in control the currency exchange market.

-Rate of exchange should be updated WEEKLY, BI-WEEKLY, and even MONTHLY. Updating the rate DAILY only fasten the decrease.

-Slow down the release of content, or at least, events, which won't happen. So, when event happens, they should do us a favor and monitor the rate exchange and intervene so that it won't fall so steeply. It's their fault to making more money on our suffering, so they should be responsible for it.

It would probably be nice to have a cap for the rates but in all honestly.... the cap would most likely be set to 1:5. Anything higher than 1:5.. well.... let say the cap was 1:20, you may have sellers but you'll probably end up having a shortage on buyers because let's get real here... buying items from store and tossing em into the market or selling items straight to a player.. they'll make more gold than buying from currency exchange. The only time people will buy with the 1:10 rates already is when the buyer is rushing for gold, don't care cause they can or etc. 1:10 to 1:20 is already daylight robbery, considering the amount of golds we can make. 

If an event like trove were to happen again, people will most likely just buy straight from the person once more and completely abandon the currency exchange again.

If people want more HM coins, there should be other ways to make those other than just daily rng boxes and chance based daily spin.

i will just say this:

There is no issue with the currency exchange, in fact it isnt even an issue.

Players themselves prefer to spend their ncoin on themselves and buy items they want instead of buying gold via currency exchange, and because of this players change the rates and they go to insane amounts.

That is not something in ncsofts hand, thats just how the community works. Personally i rather spend my 8k ncoin on buying resets while the merchant event is active and buying new costumes / repair tools / revival charms rather than waste it on gold which i can easily farm in-game.

5 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

While the inflation of Currency Exchange is good for people(Buyers, myself occasionally) who are willing to spend Nccoin. It's becoming pointless for the sellers. 1:7 ratio now, unless you have absolutely nothing to spend your gold on and you are desperate, then yea, maybe...Most of us aren't desperate, that rate is just slit to the throat. If the Currency Exchange keeps dropping, I fear; not many people would even bother using it; again, unless you are desperate.

I think you have a basic misunderstanding of how the currency exchange actually works. The rate is that low and dropping because there are lots of sellers using it! So apparently most of them are desperate. If they weren't the rate would acually be going up instead of down!

5 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

It's becoming pointless for the sellers. 1:7 ratio now, unless you have absolutely nothing to spend your gold on and you are desperate, then yea, maybe...Most of us aren't desperate, that rate is just slit to the throat. If the Currency Exchange keeps dropping, I fear; not many people would even bother using it; again, unless you are desperate.

While, I as a seller, loved the 1:45 ratio, that was the case when I started the game.. I would never ever pay that as a buyer..

Currently 1 outfit would cost from 125g to 175g... and imo, thats more than fair..

6 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

As you guys may have known this issue that we having by now. As someone who regularly use the Currency Exchange before (As a seller), even though I'm rank 10 premium, but I have my saving/cheap moments. Don't want to always drop $10, $20 here and there all the time, just cause.

As you people at Ncsoft might think, "Oh if gold so cheap, people would buy more Nccoin and forget about the gold sellers."  It does sound good, doesn't it? Shoots 2 birds with 1 stone. On the downside, if the Currency Exchange rate drop so low, there wouldn't be anymore people who are willing to sell. Then what would you do? Bunch of buyers, but no sellers.

SOLUTION: I think you guys should put a CAP on how low the rate could go to prevent the worst to take place. We wouldn't mind 1:20, 1:30 ratio. It sounds fair, but anything under that. You are really digging your own graves; in this case, grave for Currency Exchange to R.I.P.

1. It's a revival of Currency Exchange, you wouldn't want it to go under since nobody willing to sell.
  2. You are allowing some breathing room for the Free-to-Play players; who cannot afford to pay for Nccoins. You need buyers to have sellers or vice versa.
  3. Option 1 and 2 combined, it would make this game LESS Pay-to-Win, don't you think?

If the demand lessens the exhange rate will get higher.  So long as the demand is there the rate will get lower.  That's how free markets work.  The currecny exchange is fine how it is.

Archived