frost fury stage 2

Torunder

Why remove the ice effect?

I loved and used that ability to the max on pve and pvp cus it wouldnt take long to disable the enemy now it takes more shots to freeze then while other classes have constant and quick stun, daze, KD, block, the only skil FM had to quickly freeze without a long cd at +10m and without havint to get hit was frost fury. it sucks now
who the hell thinks of this changes? shoot yourself pls

The change has really hurt me. I used to be able to do a quick double stun combo with LMB-RMB-Frost Fury -> LMB-RMB-1 -> LMB-RMB-1.

Without a quick way to pile on chill stacks we can't really pull off multi-stuns as easily - you can still get an opponent to 1 freeze 2 chill and then do;

1 -> LMB-RMB-1 -> LMB-RMB-3 -> LMB-RMB-1 -> LMB-RMB-1 for the quintuple stun but I don't like using our best cc move just for a filler combo.

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping those bots locked down in Infinite Tower after this Frost Fury nerf without using double aerial combos constantly.

Yes.. I can't understand this nerf...

The FM was already in a disadvantage in term of CC (the only class that need a debuff for CC) and what did developpers to help us ? Nerf our ability to freez ennemy --'

I am really interrested in the process that led to this nerf....

Now you have to throw your frost dragon to insta freeze then and pray you can build up your frost orbs fast enough before they charge you.

There are on FMs on the top 5 and barely any on top10, so I really don't understand why they needed to change this. Especially with so many classes that can spin away from freeze or block our damage. 

Agreed... I can barely do anything much PvP wise , the Tower of Infinity and the training room are far more difficult than they need to be for FMs now. I can't learn anything if I can't beat the NPCs who have 300K ++ HP and still hit me as hard as I hit them .. but I have 57K hp ..., we can't do much dmg unless if we PvPvE Hybrid build them with blazing beam+burn (w/o Burning soul). And i personally like using ice build (for everything..cold snap+ice rain all day in PVE! lol) rather than the burn build (simply because its a REALLY boring build and rotation)

This nerf was ABSOLUTELY unnecessary especially since we don't have HM RMB to pierce parry, we can't dare spam LMB+RMB on most melee classes becuase the Parry mechanic is fkng ridiculous, and they can time their spins/blocks a SPLIT SECOND after we cast most of our skills to land a parry , which is veryyy annoying.

I think the melee classes that can parry so often shouldn't be allowed to do so constantly , after a successful parry , they shouldn't be able to parry for another 5 attacks or something >_> UGH FM is already hard to pvp with WHY THE NERF??? -really annoyed right now-

How come a cold snap + ice rain all day combo is not boring for you, and a rotation where you need to manage debuff on the target, self buff and juggle between free and none free impact time is boring?

This nerf was intended to tone down how dominate FMs were in arena, being able to do stun + a daze and then stun afterwards and straight into a 2X aerial combo + a fully loaded instant inferno, with no counter measure, is pretty OP. Mind you that we are a couple patches behind KR, so this might not be the case anymore in KR. Nonetheless, it's part of the patch, just gotta live with it.

15 hours ago, Racingwind said:

How come a cold snap + ice rain all day combo is not boring for you, and a rotation where you need to manage debuff on the target, self buff and juggle between free and none free impact time is boring?

This nerf was intended to tone down how dominate FMs were in arena, being able to do stun + a daze and then stun afterwards and straight into a 2X aerial combo + a fully loaded instant inferno, with no counter measure, is pretty OP. Mind you that we are a couple patches behind KR, so this might not be the case anymore in KR. Nonetheless, it's part of the patch, just gotta live with it.

Its more of a challenge to juggle everything, cold snap + ice rain + ice debuff + Force blast + Frost Fury + dragon frost , that's more engaging and keeps me alert and mobile, instead of 5 embers + impact for burn + Blazing Beam rotation , then the occasional fire(C) and inferno for free burns , simple and high damage yes but very boring for me game-play wise. 

And yes we gotta live with it, its just how the game is designed and I understand that, everyone has their own opinion and I disagree with the change , almost forcing all FMs to only PvE with Fire build. Why stifle diversity? 

I also ike ice build, it's fun, but the problem is, it limits you in your movement ( if you have to doge or move a lot, your dps goes to hell) and it's not good for trash mobs because ice rain does no damage without cold snap and without freeze, 1 does also no damage. To spam a boss it's ok but it's bad for everything else. Burn build is also too hard for most FMs. They don't burn but they also don't use ice skills. No idea what they are doing.

22 hours ago, JayMagic said:

Its more of a challenge to juggle everything, cold snap + ice rain + ice debuff + Force blast + Frost Fury + dragon frost , that's more engaging and keeps me alert and mobile, instead of 5 embers + impact for burn + Blazing Beam rotation , then the occasional fire(C) and inferno for free burns , simple and high damage yes but very boring for me game-play wise. 

And yes we gotta live with it, its just how the game is designed and I understand that, everyone has their own opinion and I disagree with the change , almost forcing all FMs to only PvE with Fire build. Why stifle diversity? 

And that's the reason, why a damn FM with almost 700 AP can't get the damn agro from my 630AP and can't deal more damage. Because for you Burn build is 5 Embers -> Burn -> Blazing Beam, and no one never damn figures there is a buff inflicted by a skill, that increases dmg, that same skill allows you cast another skill more often. That the damn HM Move 1 Inferno deals for my AP 35+50K AP alone, and adds 2x15K for 3 seconds, and that's over 100K dmg and you can shit out your ass and you won't make over 100K dmg in 3 seconds, you'll reach max about 60K and that's if lady RNG is good to you (and I'm saying this with 60% crit rate, w/o the buff from weapon). And stupid ppl can't realize why the *cricket* a FM can deal 50K per second during WL+KFM/Sin buff combo why the hell no one can hold the agro from that (and yes, I have experience with BM/KFM with legendary weapons that say that they'll tank and they don't). So, yes, Ice build is way more boring - Z -> 2..........

As for that nerf, yes, it sux big time, but I guess there are 50 topics opened in spinners forums that cry how their infinite dmg+block+reflect+speed skill w/o reuse and Chi recovery on hit doesn't work and it disables 25% of the whole skill (the speed part, being frozen on sight), while in fact it shouldn't even allow you to cast the stupid skill, because you're a damn ice cube, and in the part that doesn't allow you to even spin your cam, and move, shouldn't allow you to cast skills that actually make you move, and on top of that - block+deflect+heal+recover chi.......

P.S. I wonder when RMB HM skill gets available (that means there won't skill that you'll spin-to-deflect in the usual FM PvP rotation will exist) and Frost Wave (cold F) HM skill gets released, what cry it will be then.... (chi burn on hit, 3 hits, pierces parry and deflect, on top of that is causes chill and recovers Chi for the user).

5 hours ago, Spiderm@n™ said:

And that's the reason, why a damn FM with almost 700 AP can't get the damn agro from my 630AP and can't deal more damage. Because for you Burn build is 5 Embers -> Burn -> Blazing Beam, and no one never damn figures there is a buff inflicted by a skill, that increases dmg, that same skill allows you cast another skill more often. That the damn HM Move 1 Inferno deals for my AP 35+50K AP alone, and adds 2x15K for 3 seconds, and that's over 100K dmg and you can shit out your ass and you won't make over 100K dmg in 3 seconds, you'll reach max about 60K and that's if lady RNG is good to you (and I'm saying this with 60% crit rate, w/o the buff from weapon). And stupid ppl can't realize why the *cricket* a FM can deal 50K per second during WL+KFM/Sin buff combo why the hell no one can hold the agro from that (and yes, I have experience with BM/KFM with legendary weapons that say that they'll tank and they don't). So, yes, Ice build is way more boring - Z -> 2..........

As for that nerf, yes, it sux big time, but I guess there are 50 topics opened in spinners forums that cry how their infinite dmg+block+reflect+speed skill w/o reuse and Chi recovery on hit doesn't work and it disables 25% of the whole skill (the speed part, being frozen on sight), while in fact it shouldn't even allow you to cast the stupid skill, because you're a damn ice cube, and in the part that doesn't allow you to even spin your cam, and move, shouldn't allow you to cast skills that actually make you move, and on top of that - block+deflect+heal+recover chi.......

P.S. I wonder when RMB HM skill gets available (that means there won't skill that you'll spin-to-deflect in the usual FM PvP rotation will exist) and Frost Wave (cold F) HM skill gets released, what cry it will be then.... (chi burn on hit, 3 hits, pierces parry and deflect, on top of that is causes chill and recovers Chi for the user).

I think you missed my point, what i got from this wall of text is that "100k in 3 seconds is more "exciting"/"less boring" than 60k dmg <-- im sure u are wrong there , from ice rain build" Point blank I can care less about aggro and doing slightly more dmg (even IF its that much a difference as you claim it to be ) in a few seconds, I rather play my "boring" ice rain rotations and enjoy the game how I like it than to just fit the norm and be like the rest of the lot.

IF and that's an IF, that the dungeon requires me to dish out A LOT of dmg VERY VERY quickly then i would do Burn build, otherwise I don't care, you do you. 

Additionally, using HM T5S1 Inferno for the double hit can really only be done at the beginning of the boss fight (AND YOU TOO are subjected to the pitty of the RNG God's with your proclamation 60%+ crit rate) , realistically speaking for the average player maybe trying to do Sogun's or Nexus. You care about damage I care about enjoying the game. Have fun.

21 hours ago, Zedonia said:

I also ike ice build, it's fun, but the problem is, it limits you in your movement ( if you have to doge or move a lot, your dps goes to hell) and it's not good for trash mobs because ice rain does no damage without cold snap and without freeze, 1 does also no damage. To spam a boss it's ok but it's bad for everything else. Burn build is also too hard for most FMs. They don't burn but they also don't use ice skills. No idea what they are doing.

And this is where practice comes into play (pfft basically aiming and spamming at everything and hope it crits lool) , add in some AoE CCs (fire tab KD /Daze)  to assist you.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:59 PM, JayMagic said:

I think you missed my point, what i got from this wall of text is that "100k in 3 seconds is more "exciting"/"less boring" than 60k dmg <-- im sure u are wrong there , from ice rain build" Point blank I can care less about aggro and doing slightly more dmg (even IF its that much a difference as you claim it to be ) in a few seconds, I rather play my "boring" ice rain rotations and enjoy the game how I like it than to just fit the norm and be like the rest of the lot.

IF and that's an IF, that the dungeon requires me to dish out A LOT of dmg VERY VERY quickly then i would do Burn build, otherwise I don't care, you do you. 

Additionally, using HM T5S1 Inferno for the double hit can really only be done at the beginning of the boss fight (AND YOU TOO are subjected to the pitty of the RNG God's with your proclamation 60%+ crit rate) , realistically speaking for the average player maybe trying to do Sogun's or Nexus. You care about damage I care about enjoying the game. Have fun.

You missed his point. He is saying that you missed the fact that you need to manage your fire self buff and orbs for dual dragons as well as making sure inferno lands on a 5 ember stack instead of none is quite a handful, definitely matching, if not surpassing, ice build where you just spam 2 during cold snap.

But hey, like you said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions so ya, keep the frost path alive.

23 hours ago, Racingwind said:

You missed his point. He is saying that you missed the fact that you need to manage your fire self buff and orbs for dual dragons as well as making sure inferno lands on a 5 ember stack instead of none is quite a handful, definitely matching, if not surpassing, ice build where you just spam 2 during cold snap.

But hey, like you said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions so ya, keep the frost path alive.

I didn't miss it, Im just saying  that to me its not that hard to get the 5 embers as it is to get the 3 chills but yea , keep the frost path alive. 

Archived