Banned for what?

LadyGamerluv

So I'm a little paranoid now. People getting banned that have multiple accounts and are probably sending items back a forth between them.

So is it right to assume that if I send items to a friend and vice versa, to help each other periodically we could get flagged and banned?

Even today I was going to give some items to a new player and I got scared to mail it. Can this be answered?

Um me and my friends farming 4 man the whole day and we have to share the drop so we trade a lot, we give each other a lot of items,  and we aren't banned.

If you are getting banned , send a ticket, they will check, it will take time probably 2-3 days..

But if u didn't do anything wrong then u shouldn't be worried tbh

and if u are worried then send a ticket and ask maybe?

or

@Hime can say something about it.

No I'm not banned, but I got worried because I saw two recent "I got banned" post with the fact they have multiple account. So I was wondering if trading items such as gold etc among their accounts got them flagged and banned. So is just trading getting folks flagged and banned.

7 minutes ago, LadyGamerluv said:

No I'm not banned, but I got worried because I saw two recent "I got banned" post with the fact they have multiple account. So I was wondering if trading items such as gold etc among their accounts got them flagged and banned. So is just trading getting folks flagged and banned.

meh , probably most of those people deserved to be banned.. *cough* speed hack*cough*!

5 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

So I'm a little paranoid now. People getting banned that have multiple accounts and are probably sending items back a forth between them.

So is it right to assume that if I send items to a friend and vice versa, to help each other periodically we could get flagged and banned?

Even today I was going to give some items to a new player and I got scared to mail it. Can this be answered?

A direct player to player trade is probably the safest way to avoid any problems. My friend and I do it all the time when one or the other needs something.

Like usual most of the people getting banned deserve it. Every now and then someone accidentally gets flagged but in those cases their account is restored. Cheaters will say anything to proclaim their innocence. If you are legit don't worry.

1 hour ago, GreenDestiny said:

Like usual most of the people getting banned deserve it. Every now and then someone accidentally gets flagged but in those cases their account is restored. Cheaters will say anything to proclaim their innocence. If you are legit don't worry.

yes i thought the same like u. i work in software development too and i know all too well that ppl generally lie to get what they want. initially i did feel safe too cuz i know i dont use hacks or macros or bots or anything else. i have a gaming mouse but i didnt even remind keys on it either. so today in the morning i did read a lot of stuff on reddit and i noticed that a huge ban wave hit tons of "innocent" ppl. i investigate some of the claims ppl made. wrongfullt banned etc. and as i always thought and knew: these ppl prob deserved the ban. i mean i play arena daily and ppl in lobby even admit they use macros cuz ncsoft dont care anyways etc all these jokes. so yea initially i found this ban wave soft of amuzing cuz all the ppl i saw that got banned were all pretty high lvl high end geared etc so i thought: yea these ppl prob used macros or anything else and did idd deserve it. BUT then i came across a post of some1 that is 430 AP doesnt do pvp or SSP and also got banned. so i do wonder a bit now. i daily trade my gold from dailies from alts to my main. including soulstones. still the ban happened yesterday and i was able to play so im not banned.

The auto-flagging happens when the multiple accounts are linked to the same IP, as it can potentially indicate a set-up of a bot farmer. At some point I considered opening one more account to try another class and play with the character creator, but this really put me off the idea, because, well, I can live without it.

I think trading items with another player is not against ToS, so it should not flag an account automatically.

Archived