Question: Classes and their purposes

GLoRToR

3 minutes ago, KatHead said:

It isnt bad, it is just boring. I actually love the animations and the audio queues its the play style I find boring. I am glad you enjoy it though ! ;p

True you didn't say it was bad but I hear conflicting stories about its efficiency.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GLoRToR said:

True you didn't say it was bad but I hear conflicting stories about its efficiency.

Well, as I said in my previous post, the only real issue Warlocks may have is the more limited choices of iframes. Being ranged aside, that's not a good thing when you need to play more defensively. Otherwise, as someone who doesn't play the class, I consider it good for DPS/party support with Soulburn and resetting cooldowns.

37 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Well, as I said in my previous post, the only real issue Warlocks may have is the more limited choices of iframes. Being ranged aside, that's not a good thing when you need to play more defensively. Otherwise, as someone who doesn't play the class, I consider it good for DPS/party support with Soulburn and resetting cooldowns.

I feel the difference in defenses is to make up for the other ranged capabilities. Using the block's iframe and Bastion right is essential in my opinion, while you do have a minion and some insane damage as well as mobility. You impair the mobility of your opponent, too.

I think it's just so much more different from the rest of the classes that people measure it with those standards. I've yet to see Warlocks in high skill pvp. I know that when I play mine in pve I'm putting the least effort of all I've tried, FM included.

10 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

Many bosses have unblockable radius attacks that come out in a split second, faster than you can even reach for q or e.
I have NO idea how to fight that.
Maybe dying to it enough times will mean that I can see it coming, but it's not fun, not a good mechanic and definitely not something I enjoy.
I have what to learn in the way of execution and rotation in this game and I'm not even mentioning pvp with those two classes yet.
I'm not one to be intimidated by failure but when I fail often I fact-check.

As you continue to fight them, you gain experience, you'll eventually learn to naturally act and react accordingly. If you mean the bosses tagged Unbound, don't be too hasty, let other people generate aggro, slow your attacks down a bit and prepare yourself to iframe, and always back off if you need to eat a dumpling.

If you can get 101 prestige points you can get a buff that increase Evolved Defense by 20 and their attacks will be less likely to kill you.

3 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

Any pvp insight?

I stopped PvPing since Moonwater Era ended but:

• The main thing you want is Hongmoon Decoy left tree so if someone hits into it, you gain a 2 second iframe and you won't be hit out of stealth, letting you punish.
  • Close Shave, Webbing, Shadow Slash Far Left and Middle Right trees, Lightning Rod left tree, Mist Slash left tree, Shunpo, Sneak Attack left, tree, and single point Time Bomb are taken.
    • Close Shave is an extender to Stun/Daze and can't be broken out of. It immediately ends Stun/Daze status so you can Hook Kick right away and get back into stealth.
    • Webbing is an extender to knockup or knockdown, allowing you to get into position to continue attacking. People typically use Venom Swarm before Webbing for additional damage and stops block skills.
    • Shadow Slash far left deals roughly ~10k damage if you use it on a stunned, dazed, or grabbed target, with double use and a guaranteed critical hit.
    • Shadow Slash middle right is a knockdown with insane 2x8 range.
    • Lightning Rod left tree is a 5 meter arc stun.
    • Mist Slash left tree on Hongmoon guarantees a critical hit on Heart Stab if Mist Slash critical hits.
    • Shunpo is a gap closer and a root breaker, useful in matchups against Force Masters and Summoners.
    • If you successfully hit a target with Throwing Dagger, you can instantly teleport to their back with Sneak Attack and daze no matter how far you are, and then punish accordingly.
    • A single point Time Bomb causes daze when it detonates but doesn't refresh poison stacks. You can casually slap it on someone and watch them detonate.
    • Anti-projectile Smokscreen is usually taken against ranged, while Stealth Smokescreen is taken against everyone else for free stealth card.
    • Against ranged, using Sidestep Left gives you an 8 meter range to allow you to close in and stealth if they hit into it.
    • Some people take Ice Mine just to reduce arena time.
    • A single point of Lotus of Escape may be taken for a second personal escape out of everything, or keep Fighting Spirit and go ham.
    • Highwire is often used after Bolt Strike and other long-distanced stun/daze, and is special in that it cannot be escaped at all. You usually follow with Act to knockdown the target in place and trick them into wasting their panic button, or Pull Cord to pull and daze for combos.
  • Main rotation is always staying in stealth with Heart Stab + Lightning Crash and Shadow Drain while throwing crowd controls whenever possible. On stun, Heart Stab + Mist Slash is used and ends with either Close Shave or Sweeping Gale -> Volley -> Venom Swarm -> Webbing.
  • Always stay in stealth. Most classes need to target you to be able to attack. Be mindful of the area of effects they throw out.
    • People who see you stealth typically have their back against the wall and block/area of effect. Slap a Throwing Dagger when their block ends, then keep your distance and let them come to you. If its a spin2win, keep your distance and let them waste their chi.
  • Turning Leaf is a free stun extender and enemy reposition for free stealth, and is special in that it can't be escaped from. It's also a parry so it pierces parry block and parry spin. However, it is counted as a projectile, and you can still be hit and stunned during the switch.
  • Always trick your opponent into wasting each and every one of their panic buttons before going in for the kill.
  • Always be aware of your surroundings. Be mindful of what your opponent is doing and never hit into their counters, anti-projectile fields, spin2wins, and crouching cat.
8 hours ago, Archess said:
  • Assassin:
    • Damage
    • Solo stealth to boss

Sadly those are the only assasins ive ever encountered, its like a destroyers usefull grab of a near dead player to put him somewhere safe, it excists, though it is never used.

• An Assassin will never forego their anti-projectile field against Asura.
  • Decoy Stealth Protection you can't really see without looking at your buff indicators because there's no visual effect for it unlike Dandelion.
  • We don't use grab because, as I said, it sucks and requires awkward conditions; we're better off DPSing than grabbing in most cases.
  • If using Lotus of Escape is used when people are dying to mobs, chances are the Assassin is stuck in combat and can't respec.

Sometimes Assassins don't realize what their own abilities do, for example Decoy Stealth Protection is not well known because the descriptions for it are confusing and wrong. Other times they're the "bad, selfish" kind of players, but as you said other classes do this too.

To be honest it never hurts to actually ask the Assassin to group stealth, but given the community's selfishness and recklessness as well as their "mute bot" status I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't say anything; sometimes its a pain for even me to ask and get ignored by the non-Assassins. Out of all the times in Sogun's Lament only ONE PERSON (a Hongmoon level 10 in 6-man, by the way) ever asked me to group stealth past Iruga's trash, but this failed anyway because one other person decided to go ham on the trash. Every other time people will expect me to ask, or outright ignore me.

Can somebody do a detailed breakdown on Force Master, Kung Fu Master, and Warlock please? One or all, the above assassin breakdown is really nice and I bet more people want info like that!

Can't really help much with FM since that's my alt and only at lvl 40... not enough experience to give more detailed, first-hand input.

But that's what the class-specific subforums are for. I made sure to check it out before I made the class, so that's what I suggest you to do.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:24 PM, Brainy said:

I was just saying...

Anyway, as Reaper pointed out above my post, FM falls into the "braindead" category even more than Destroyer.

no class is "brain dead", at the end of the day if u listen to anyone every class is brain dead, whatevers currently doing the best in terms of overall ability is the new brain dead class, at the end of the day the Classes Difficulty is of ur own perception, different people find different things difficult, if ur rubbish at melee, ur going to find even a blade dancer difficult even after tons call em braindead, if ur Bad at tanking or sustaining KFM/BM will be more difficult for you.

in pve, u have a More forgiving learning curve as a Ranged player, as u can avoid ALOT of the AoES etc etc much easier being at ranged, doesn't save u in yeti, however Open world bosses such as NSH etc etc the bosses generally just have melee/mid range AoEs which don't hit the ranged players.

don't outrule a class just because someone calls it braindead.

Play the class u actually enjoy and can learn to play, not everyones cut out to be a 5 star difficulty class.

Archived