Why are people with Souls - still bidding on relic pieces?

I have done 9 runs today of lab.  I am now an hm5.  I still can't get enough pieces for a soul.   I get 1 piece for the quests each time.  But that is it.  Everytime I get out bid.  This has been going on for a week. It is so hard to get a party for lab, since everyone drops if people don't have 500+ attack power.  But yet the newer players and alts, can't get their gear without running these dungeons and getting the pieces needed.

I ask why are people with upgraded souls still bidding 1-2 gold on relics from the lab dungeon?  Most of these people are hm7s or higher.  They already have their souls and they are upgraded.  The relics can't be traded to alts or sold.  Are the relic pieces still in need for something? Why are all the higher HM levels bidding on them like crazy this week?

edit to add:  at this rate with only 2 pieces for doing the daily for this quest, it will take me 40 days to get a soul.  And that is if I even can finish the quests due to so many players wanting to be carried with 500+ attack power.  It is discouraging.  Are there any other ways to get a soul piece in the future updates?  Anyone know?

If you don't have a soul yet, you shouldn't be trying to get one through Naryu anyway.  You should be earning gold to buy the 3 pieces of the broken sword and create the +15 AP Hongmoon Energy soul directly.  Last I checked, it was around 65g all together.  That's less than the cost of creating the Naryu soul and then upgrading it to 15 AP.  It also means you can earn gold however you want to, whatever is the most fun or interesting or efficient to you, rather than needing to keep running Lab over and over.

Go with friends to help you. We were 3 maning up to the second boss, so it took me actually just a few runs to get enough, plus you also have the chance of the rare spawn that drops a bundle. Things like this are better to do with friends/clan.

I do naryu lab runs almost daily and having the soul, I never bid on the relic pieces, I just collect them from guaranteed prizes. I remember when I struggled to collect 80 pieces...

@SnugglesFairie Do what Andrewgr said. My friend was in the same exact dilemma as  you after I invited her to the game. I upgraded my soul the old way so I didn't actually know that you can get the 15 AP straight away. After searching around and found that you can do it that way, I relayed that to my friend and she couldn't be any happier/relieved that she could take the step at whatever pace she wanted.

3 minutes ago, Rasky said:

@SnugglesFairie Do what Andrewgr said. My friend was in the same exact dilemma as  you after I invited her to the game. I upgraded my soul the old way so I didn't actually know that you can get the 15 AP straight away. After searching around and found that you can do it that way, I relayed that to my friend and she couldn't be any happier/relieved that she could take the step at whatever pace she wanted.

I could hug you both!  Made my day and saved my sanity.  I am going to google on how to do this.

Thank you!!!  <3

Archived