Currency exchange minimum rate BS

GenesisAria

4 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Thanks for the insight.

Yw man, not saying this will absolutely work but on patch day when I dropped some cash to win. I knew I would need more gold as well to finish my upgrade's and made sure I would have remaining ncoin to make 1 decent sized gold purchase. I strongly suspect many more buyers are doing the same thing.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Youmukon said:

The only possible solution I see would be to round the daily minimum/maximum rates straight away (i.e. 25.000 instead of 25.642 in today's minimum rate) which would allow everyone to sell for the minimum rate regardless of the quantity of gold listed. I am unsure however is that is something technically feasible.

That would be a trivial change from a coding perspective. There may be reasons not to do it, such as the potential for rounding to affect average/minimum trajectory, but it's not something infeasible at all.

14 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Do the math and figure out the possible hot spots for sales with 200, 100 and 50 doller ncoin purchases. THEN, control c and use the search feature to look for the least congested of these areas to sell your gold (most likely the highest one, also the most likely one to be purchased by someone who is splurging with some extra cash). 

I am inclined to suggest variable trade volume, though that tends to lead to more exploits if you're not careful. Due to the taxation process, you'd have to be very explicit with the user on how much they're trading in and out of their currency exchange account. I can think of a lot of ways to do it, for sure, but they'd require work on the interface and the technical handling.  For example, instead of putting gold in for a specific listing, just make it a persistent account into which you can place a volume of gold for a target sale price, and adjust that price on the fly. Removing purchased hongmoon coins would be a separate transaction, and you could opt to take out certain proportions to minimize taxation (also allows for variable taxation, such as to encourage users to use account more frequently via progressive taxation system). That would be a more usable feature for players, but would take considerable work on the development side for little or no gain. For that matter, you could argue that forced over-purchasing is a feature the devs prefer. It may annoy players, but it does two things: causes players to buy more ncoin than they need or want, and causes players to have a leftover balance which they purchase more to use (due to sunk cost fallacy).

Why would anyone use the currency exchange, when the demand for keys is so high that keys are more profitable through direct selling. On Jiwan, a stack of 100 keys goes for 300g. At the 1:35- 1:40 rate, the gold gain would be anywhere from 110-125ish gold if the same amount of NCoin were to be sold as it costs to buy that stack. As someone selling your NCoin, would you be more inclined to sell the same amount of NCoin for 110-125g or for nearly triple that amount? I think the answer is obvious. CE is just currently not worth the perceived value of keys.

Before anyone jumps in with "THE RULE STATE..", be real. No rule is being enforced except a general buyers beware.

1 hour ago, Meese said:

Why would anyone use the currency exchange, when the demand for keys is so high that keys are more profitable through direct selling. On Jiwan, a stack of 100 keys goes for 300g. At the 1:35- 1:40 rate, the gold gain would be anywhere from 110-125ish gold if the same amount of NCoin were to be sold as it costs to buy that stack. As someone selling your NCoin, would you be more inclined to sell the same amount of NCoin for 110-125g or for nearly triple that amount? I think the answer is obvious. CE is just currently not worth the perceived value of keys.

Before anyone jumps in with "THE RULE STATE..", be real. No rule is being enforced except a general buyers beware.

The problem is that kind of trading is risky and Ncsoft won't help you if you get scammed. Sure I would like to make gold that way but only if I get paid first and I'm sure my trading partner would want the same thing.

Also there are stories of people mysteriously being suspended or banned after receiving large amounts of gold in game via trade when no physical items are involved.

Just now, GreenDestiny said:

The problem is that kind of trading is risky and Ncsoft won't help you if you get scammed. Sure I would like to make gold that way but only if I get paid first and I'm sure my trading partner would want the same thing.

Also there are stories of people mysteriously being suspended or banned after receiving large amounts of gold in game via trade when no physical items are involved.

True enough and yet many people are still buying/selling this way. The odd scam once in a while isnt enough to deter people because of the potential earnings these keys have. You get 1 tradeable gem and you've basically made enough money for another 150-200 keys. 

Anyways, everyone was debating as to why things arent selling. Its obvious that the reason behind it is because of the high demand of keys.

1 minute ago, Meese said:

True enough and yet many people are still buying/selling this way. The odd scam once in a while isnt enough to deter people because of the potential earnings these keys have. You get 1 tradeable gem and you've basically made enough money for another 150-200 keys. 

Anyways, everyone was debating as to why things arent selling. Its obvious that the reason behind it is because of the high demand of keys.

Yeah I used to make similar trades all the time in Aion but they were usually with people I'd known in game quite a while. I will see what offers are out there on Poharan this weekend.

I tried to exchange my 30G for coins but its not working well. Right now this system feels useless. At this rate, even if I end up with 100g before the 22nd, I won't have any coins in time for the outfit meaning I either have to give up on it or spend $15 on it.

Is there anyone having success with the currency exchange right now?

No success. I'm getting hammered by the market right now, trying to sell stacks of 30g and 25g and nothing is happening. Since yesterday and day before that I got no bite. I just need the ncoin to buy some outfits that are permanent in the cash shop. Dont want to spend money on something that's not exclusive.

I bought the cobalt captain set 2 days after it dropped with about 30g I made in 1.5 days and I sold on ce  the same day it was made, it was my very first ce sale. Idk wtf is up now. The market is frozen solid.

Archived