Gold guide for new 50s pls share

Koter

why people suggest to sell the Soulstones when you need tons of them to upgrade your gear-5 accessories+1 weapon-(not to mention you need them in other things too, including crafting)? you need 811 SS only to reach your weapon to True Pirate

9 minutes ago, Ginki said:

why people suggest to sell the Soulstones when you need tons of them to upgrade your gear-5 accessories+1 weapon-(not to mention you need them in other things too, including crafting)? you need 811 SS only to reach your weapon to True Pirate

Because getting past True Profane weapon and Awakened Infernal accessories isn't really needed for current content nor to reach the 400 AP threshold, which is the minimum recommended AP these days. Better Soul Shields and experience/knowledge of the harder dungeons and your class' roles in said dungeons have more weight than pure AP once you are at/around 400 AP, contrary to what the ludicrously high AP requirements would lead you to believe.

What also is ludicrous is the amount of Soulstones required to upgrade to Siren and beyond. I still maintain my opinion that limiting their farming so much to faction dailies and PvP was a terrible design choice.

26 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Because getting past True Profane weapon and Awakened Infernal accessories isn't really needed for current content nor to reach the 400 AP threshold, which is the minimum recommended AP these days. Better Soul Shields and experience/knowledge of the harder dungeons and your class' roles in said dungeons have more weight than pure AP once you are at/around 400 AP, contrary to what the ludicrously high AP requirements would lead you to believe.

^^ This ^^. I have stopped my main at pre-Oathbreaker, and his weapon is still one upgrade away, and I am already at 468, which is more then enough for current content. Is my skill up to par? LOL. That is another story.

4 hours ago, AttacKat said:

^^ This ^^. I have stopped my main at pre-Oathbreaker, and his weapon is still one upgrade away, and I am already at 468, which is more then enough for current content. Is my skill up to par? LOL. That is another story.

Wow, that's incredible. I am at the first stage of Oathbreaker, and I only gotten up to 374. Could you share your strategies for achieving stats? I know that my gems are behind, but the rest of the gear seems to simply follow the path.

54 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Wow, that's incredible. I am at the first stage of Oathbreaker, and I only gotten up to 374. Could you share your strategies for achieving stats? I know that my gems are behind, but the rest of the gear seems to simply follow the path.

374 AP and you're level 50? Can you post a screen shot of your gear maybe I can help out.

without looking, it's likely you have no attack gem, and didn't upgrade your accessories past infernal. using the highest level accessory drops doesn't get close to making up for that loss, especially from additional crit damage more than just missing AP.

Will do as soon as I get home. Off hand I have:

Oathbreaker weapon after first upgrade with a pentagonal ruby, and triangular diamond and amethyst

Awakened Infernal Ring and Earring

Oathbreaker braclet, belt and necklace

IIRC, I have 12 gold, 120 soulstones, 6 Moonwater Transformation stones, 4 Poha perfumes and 2 Machismos :)

10 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

What also is ludicrous is the amount of Soulstones required to upgrade to Siren and beyond. I still maintain my opinion that limiting their farming so much to faction dailies and PvP was a terrible design choice.

You think it's enough. That's your opinion and I respect that. But the problem is, do others share your view ? Are you able to PUG party ? Do they even know who you are to even consider about your skill ? Unless you have a static group or friends then fine.

For the past week, when I put up a Yeti 6m with 420ap requirement, I waited for 5min and not a guy showed up even though I myself have 500ap and exp'd ( 10+runs 4m yeti). But you know what happened when I raised it to 480ap, it filled within 2s. This is not something that happens once or to this particular dungeon. All 3 purples want an average of 450ap requirements, or else you have to PUG.

I mean, even if you're a casual player, completing 3 purples dailies should give you a sufficient amount of gold to upgrade to Awaken Pirate or new line counterpart. And for soulstone, I think there are separated faction channel that you can complete in. Misty wood alone give you 15 per day.

Man, I wonder what you're gonna do when next patch come. The requirements will be 520ap, 50%crit, 190%crit dmg and 120%acc for Asura

1 hour ago, Duh Harro said:

You think it's enough. That's your opinion and I respect that. But the problem is, do others share your view ? Are you able to PUG party ? Do they even know who you are to even consider about your skill ? Unless you have a static group or friends then fine.

Amusingly, that player problem is everywhere, yet people seem to have no idea how easy content really can be. I did 6-man Necropolis today with mostly totally incapable teammates. One guy got lost and didn't even successfully defend node as he was out in never-never-land. Had to solo a node as Assasin. 4 people died in first Nightmare Wave, leaving me and a Summoner to duo it the rest of the way. Any time cat taunt went down, the boss chased after me (yay, truesight), so I was doing enough DPS to be lead. By the end, the summoner also died, and I solo'd it the rest of the way. Beat enrage timer by 20 seconds.

Funny part, I have just over 400 AP and a crit-fused Fiend soul shield on that character. No, I don't think we would have quite beat the timer if it had been a true duo end to end, but beyond that, it's pretty laughably easy to meet that DPS check. Nevertheless, I see people asking for even 500 for 6-man Necropolis. I'm sorry, but you can duo 6-man Necropolis at 500AP, and no amount of AP is going to save you from having no idea what you're doing.

11 minutes ago, HUnewearl said:

Amusingly, that player problem is everywhere, yet people seem to have no idea how easy content really can be. I did 6-man Necropolis today with mostly totally incapable teammates. One guy got lost and didn't even successfully defend node as he was out in never-never-land. Had to solo a node as Assasin. 4 people died in first Nightmare Wave, leaving me and a Summoner to duo it the rest of the way. Any time cat taunt went down, the boss chased after me (yay, truesight), so I was doing enough DPS to be lead. By the end, the summoner also died, and I solo'd it the rest of the way. Beat enrage timer by 20 seconds.

Funny part, I have just over 400 AP and a crit-fused Fiend soul shield on that character. No, I don't think we would have quite beat the timer if it had been a true duo end to end, but beyond that, it's pretty laughably easy to meet that DPS check. Nevertheless, I see people asking for even 500 for 6-man Necropolis. I'm sorry, but you can duo 6-man Necropolis at 500AP, and no amount of AP is going to save you from having no idea what you're doing.

So what you're saying is you're l33t?

1 minute ago, Koter said:

So what you're saying is you're l33t?

God no, I'm terrible at Assassin. I died like a total dope to Junghado today, and he can't even see through stealth or attack back. The lesson is that gear requirements are not only unnecessary, they are completely irrelevant in the face of the factor that is actually needed, which is knowing what the hell to do with yourself. DPS checks in this game, at least up to here, are very generous.

2 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

God no, I'm terrible at Assassin. I died like a total dope to Junghado today, and he can't even see through stealth or attack back. The lesson is that gear requirements are not only unnecessary, they are completely irrelevant in the face of the factor that is actually needed, which is knowing what the hell to do with yourself. DPS checks in this game, at least up to here, are very generous.

Supposively dps meters are coming to this game soon? ugh

12 hours ago, AttacKat said:

None really, just upgrade everything accordingly. Here is my SMN ...

Oh, you are upgrading your accessories, and way past the True Profane on the weapon. The quote you are replying to (below) is misleading. You cannot reach 400+ AP without upgrading a fair bit past True Profane and Awakened Infernal. Which takes a lot of resources. Including the Soulstones. So, no, you cannot sell soulstones as a fresh level character, particularly if you have not progressed past True Prophane Aw Infernal prior to the March 23rd patch.

Because getting past True Profane weapon and Awakened Infernal accessories isn't really needed for current content nor to reach the 400 AP threshold, which is the minimum recommended AP these days.

39 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

You cannot reach 400+ AP without upgrading a fair bit past True Profane and Awakened Infernal.

Wrong. If I were to use all the upgradeable accessories, including Siren Belt and Pirate Bracelet, I'd still have 410 AP. As I said, what ends up accounting for more for my AP is lvling up, including HM lvls (currently HM 3). Since doing Act 4 quests below 400 AP is possible, rushing to lvl is a good source of AP bonus while you gather Soulstones... and Siren Ring doesn't add that much AP compared to lvling up.

Simply put, 25 AP diamond and extra lvls don't suffer from diminishing returns compared to going Siren and beyond. Latter suffers a lot from the huge spike in amounts of mats required, so doing the other two is preferable at first since they aren't nearly as time-consuming.

Tsuchiryu, I am going to take a leaf from your book for my next alt, because my goal is to have 2-3 characters in good enough gear to play non-stressful content rather than try to go BiS on a main and find a perma group for the top dungeons etc. I like your order of gear upgrades.

However, your performance did not come cheap anyways :)

You are using 4 Pentagonal gems, which means costs comparable to breaking through 2 to 3 accessories from Awakened Infernal to Siren, or a weapon. I don't know how much the 4th slot costs on the weapon in the gem hammers. I was quoted a cost of about 28-30 golds per gem (I did not even try to look).

The cost of each MTS is about 6 gold, with you needing 5 to break through each accessory with another 13 g surcharge on top of it, so about 45 gold cost for each accessory to go Siren.

You are also using Breeze earring that is not a direct story drop.

7 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Tsuchiryu, I am going to take a leaf from your book for my next alt, because my goal is to have 2-3 characters in good enough gear to play non-stressful content rather than try to go BiS on a main and find a perma group for the top dungeons etc. I like your order of gear upgrades.

I don't know how much the 4th slot costs on the weapon in the gem hammers. I was quoted a cost of about 28-30 golds per gem (I did not even try to look).

My two other chars that is only somewhat geared

L49 FM: http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=AttacKat%20FM&s=103 (370 AP)

L45 KFM: http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=AttacKat (373 AP)

Slot upgrade is cheapest at pre Blight, 1 slot = 1 gem hammer.

4 hours ago, AttacKat said:

My two other chars that is only somewhat geared

L49 FM: http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=AttacKat%20FM&s=103 (370 AP)

L45 KFM: http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=AttacKat (373 AP)

That actually isn't too bad. I see you don't have your attack power soul yet from Labyrinth. That would actually boost your AP by another 10+ also the attack power gem is really cheap now so id recomend that as well.

12 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Awakened Blight, to be precise. Not True Blight, because that already requires 2 Gem Hammers. Ideally, if you got the gold/Ncoins to spare (a lot easier if you got alts), get one hammer as soon as you evolve your Hongmoon weapon to Awakened Blight.

Also each hammer costs 160 Ncoins or, if bought from Marketplace, at least 7g.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

But you lose that slot if you upgrade to Oathbreaker, and you get the 4th slot for free at some point IIRC.

Except going new path early is a horrible idea precisely because of that potential gem slot(s) loss, which is why I strongly recommend people to stick to Siren -> Pirate path instead to delay that potential loss as much as possible.

Also, only reason you wouldn't want 4th slot early is if you think you can make do with just 3. Personally, I like to get my Diamond/Amethyst/Ruby/Citrine combo set up ASAP. I think 4th slot unlocks at Pirate... and I think we all know by now how time-consuming it is to get there... so nope, not waiting that long to unlock 4th slot without hammers.

Archived