Melee Chars disadvantaged

JustinCase

For faction based events, melee is at a disadvantage. But for most of the stuff outside of that, melee are just as viable as ranged. Sometimes you might have to chase down a mob here and there, but outside of that you're golden.

The only problem I have is with the new faction dailies when the reds/blues attack you during boss fights. Ranged classes just hide and rather drop dead than help :/

I never had problems as melee in dungeons / arena.

I agree with Brainy, I never had problems with dungeon/arena content.

Ofc open world would be doable as well because using i-frames on blackwyrm / terrors isnt that hard once you get used to the timers.

That is ofc provided you have the fps to even be able to dodge.

If you dont have lags and the other faction doesnt interfere it is perfectly possible to max out on prestige in SSP without dying as a melee. Especially as destroyers you can spec into multiple ways of quickly healing yourself to full.

I'm agree with justincase.. melee are at a disadvantage, Dest and BD are at the bottom of the list of melee class.

People are always looking for WL, FM, KFM, Sins, and Summs. Dest have less to offer in dungeon compared to the other class, I don't know about BD though. Dest have aoe defense buff, but how good is that when everyone can iframe attacks. Fm offers better defense tools.

In pvp, i feel like our only favorable matchups are against summoners only. At first i thought WL was easy too, but i was wrong. Gold and Plat WL are on very different levels.

On 4/6/2016 at 8:22 AM, l7l7 said:

I'm agree with justincase.. melee are at a disadvantage, Dest and BD are at the bottom of the list of melee class.

People are always looking for WL, FM, KFM, Sins, and Summs. Dest have less to offer in dungeon compared to the other class, I don't know about BD though. Dest have aoe defense buff, but how good is that when everyone can iframe attacks. Fm offers better defense tools.

In pvp, i feel like our only favorable matchups are against summoners only. At first i thought WL was easy too, but i was wrong. Gold and Plat WL are on very different levels.

First off, I have never seen anyone looking for a Sin in a dungeon lobby. Destroyer does just fine outside of SSP where all melee classes are equally screwed. There is plenty for Destro to offer in dungeons from quick burst damage to near constant CC on bosses to Typhoon aoe for clearing trash. 

In pvp, the following matchup favor Destro: Summoner, FM, BM (w/o HM skill), and yes WL. I would say BD is a 50/50 matchup. Our only bad matchups are KFM, really good BM w/HM skills, and Sins.

On 4/6/2016 at 8:22 AM, l7l7 said:

In the current content Dest's don't offer anything of value in PvE. They'll be useful later for their CC capability (Same thing BD does) but that's later.

20 hours ago, Zel said:

In the current content Dest's don't offer anything of value in PvE. They'll be useful later for their CC capability (Same thing BD does) but that's later.

Utterly baseless statement.  Ridiculous amount of CC, great AOE,  insane on-demand burst.  The other classes insta-kill bosses?  Squirt soulstones out of their asses? I really hate this game's community. 

2 hours ago, odiasuda said:

Utterly baseless statement.  Ridiculous amount of CC, great AOE,  insane on-demand burst.  The other classes insta-kill bosses?  Squirt soulstones out of their asses? I really hate this game's community. 

If you actually played the games current endgame content you'd know CC is irrelevant. You need 1 stun for Yeti which any class can do and that's it. AoE is also irrelevant because clearing trash is irrelevant. Their on demand burst is okay but their DPS is a peaks and valleys scale with more valleys than peaks which makes the class fall behind real DPS classes like FM/Smn. Like I said before, they class will shine later when their specialty is needed. Until then they're a generic DPS class.

You can only cc a boss at certain times... Dest can have all the cc in the world, but they can only cc at certain points in the game. Not to mention, other classes have cc too but not as much. Whenever the boss becomes CC-able their cooldowns are refreshed and they can cc, so much for insane amount of cc. At least thats what it seems to me. You can be the nice guy Dest in SSP by holding the boss but this game rewards players who deals the most damage. You only lose out dps by holding the boss in SSP.

Dest with good aoe? Most class have aoe damage skill on lower cooldown. 

So, if most class has no need for dest insane cc and aoe damage in pve... Dest is just, like zel said, generic dps class especially against open world boss like black wyrm and terrors.

Sins and Kfm provide free buffs... dest? Cc and aoe, oh wait, everyone has that. people would rather take a BD over Dest because BD are cute.

Bm can threat and tank better than dest. I think dest have a 30sec + cd on their threat kick. 

Range class > melee class > Dest

if future patch is a catch up game for dest, i dont think the other classes aren't just gonna not get any updates.. stronger class will get stronger, while dest stay in the catching game? I mean, sure they will get stronger than this current patch but still stuck in the phase of being weaker on the list... weaker might not be the word but you get the idea.

The thing about CC is that a good chunk of classes need to spec specifically to get their CC skills (at least I know Summoner and Force Master do). Destroyer doesn't need to. Without spending points specifically for CC, the class gets 2 Stuns, 2 Knockdowns and 1 Daze skills naturally. More than enough for pretty much any situation if you ask me.

That's, like, at least 3 skill points Des doesn't need to spend to get additional/different CC. You may still spend points on these CC skills, yes, but you don't need to do so for the CC aspect, is what I'm saying.

So yeah, when it comes to CC, AFAIK there's no class that has it as easy as Destroyer does.

• 4 weeks later...

Dont forget that DPS class may sacrifice their CC for more dps, while us (Destro) shouldnt really do that, with a base crit hit of 0, we are behind other classes. But one thing bug me, why the KFM has skills with +150% threat, while we dont, werent we suppose to be the tank class (I think a little bit too much in classic mmo term)

It a Lyn world we live in, I'm telling you, it Kawaii.

9 minutes ago, Xradris said:

But one thing bug me, why the KFM has skills with +150% threat, while we dont, werent we suppose to be the tank class (I think a little bit too much in classic mmo term)

Destroyers only tank in the sense of being able to stay within melee in some scenarios without dying if specced right, but that's not the definition we use for BnS. They are better at providing CC support and DPS support with grab and 'good' old anicancel.

Tanking in BnS is keeping aggro to oneself. Destroyers don't have the tools for this when it comes to skills, but KFM and BM do.

Archived