Raids in this game are the worst I have ever seen

Fistafer

On 4/1/2016 at 1:22 PM, NN13 said:

Correction - BnS raid are not at fault, people are. Sadly, BnS community is one of the most wretched communities I have seen in my gaming life. In my whole run for the last 2 months, I made just 4 friends who were good people. Everyone else I met were either elitist or were busy blaming everyone in the team. The exact same kind who run past all trash mobs when they saw that there is a low level player who might need help.

lol. plz plz trust me, b&s community are like saints compared to the other mmos I played. 

What puzzles me is that with so many people having these difficulties it's so hard to find other folks willing to do slow runs and clear out all the trash.I've posted in my server forum asking if there were folks interested in running gearing content from level 45 on, and... *crickets*

Seriously, it's like everyone is already super-geared and nobody is new any more. All it takes is 4-6 people, to make life that much simpler.

I know how annoying it gets to be a high lvl who just rushes forward and don't hold back a bit to let lowbies catch up, which is why I try not to do it, especially for pre-Moonwater Heroic dungeons like Tomb of the Exiles.

But you really don't have to go out of your way to clear ALL mobs in these dungeons and, really, if you pay attention, you'll notice that begins as early as Blackram Narrows, the FIRST Heroic dungeon. I mean, it's low to no EXP gain and indeed a waste of time if not absolutely necessary. It tends to become more pronounced from there and, really, the tendency is that the better parties are better at not having to engage mobs wherever possible. There are other places to get Healing Tonics, Dumplings and fodder for Fusion Powders, you know.

Maybe. But I find that I start feeling like that old joke that you do not need to run fast, just faster than one other guy to run away from a bear. I always stop and start DPSing when mob aggroes on someone else who is behind me, because I just can't go on head-long saying my thanks that it was not me this time. It's just a rotten thing to do, to leave someone behind.

Yeah, it does kind of suck starting to learn to just follow high lvls while they aggro mobs the hard way, even when that's not always easy or possible. It's easier for the high lvl to adapt to the lowbies' pace than the opposite sometimes, but some are too selfish to realize or care.

7 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I totally would join a clan with a lot of people on-line, running the content non-stop, and eager to jump in the dungeons I need to run. Totally. Haven't found one yet, after two tries.

I always have people jump in my discord and hang out for a day or two before I invite them.

Just to make sure

A. They get along with current members (I dislike drama, and I dislike having everyone in different rooms on discord unless they are running something since clichés usually turn into drama)

B. They enjoy the same activities we do

C. Just to get a feel for them (helps rule out moochers mainly)

Most of the people work out which is great! I love being able to log on and enjoy talking to clan mates as well as always know that I have people to pvp or pve with.

I tried to find a guild, but man they where all drama filled/wanted so much gold from you/had stupid requirements saying you had to run this dungeon this many times every day....

I was like man I'm just here to relax and have fun not have a 2nd job......so I made my own guild

1 hour ago, Xellon said:

lol. plz plz trust me, b&s community are like saints compared to the other mmos I played. 

No shit. Contested Raiding in EQ and EQ2 was far far worse than BnS or any other modern MMO for that matter. Today's raids are like a tea party with the whole Smurf clan.

16 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I totally would join a clan with a lot of people on-line, running the content non-stop, and eager to jump in the dungeons I need to run. Totally. Haven't found one yet, after two tries.

I know the feel. Have you tried checking the recruitment subforums for your server? You may have better luck finding a clan that fits your gameplay style there than in-game. Ideally, you'd want one that isn't too taxing on how often you play the game while also not being too barren either.

7 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

I know the feel. Have you tried checking the recruitment subforums for your server? You may have better luck finding a clan that fits your gameplay style there than in-game. Ideally, you'd want one that isn't too taxing on how often you play the game while also not being too barren either.

Of course. It is not a particularly active forum, and most guilds advertising are not my Faction. So, I've applied to the clans that were advertising IG, hoping they play the same time I play. We'll see what will happen with clan #2 and with Crimson alts.

The dungeons are design pretty poorly IMO. Look at some other MMORPG (take WoW for example)  and you will notice you can't skip most of the trash mobs.There are some place you can skip the trash but most of them time you need to kill them. Also the trash mobs also gives decent experience and drops/loots they you actually need.

Maybe BmS can do something like this? Maybe trash mobs have a chance to drop gems, soul stones, or even costume or weapons skins. That way people are encourage to kill the trash mobs (let's face it most high level do dungeons for soul stones and costume.).

When the first time I run dungeons in BnS I found it weird give so little exp and a lot of the drops are useless. Also they aren't exactly easy to kill so that's why people avoid them. Make them either unavoidable or give them a chance to drop something that people want.

Ah.  So this is how things go.

I did my third cross-dungeon thing in existence.  2 of the 3 were straight to the point.  But the recent Narrows run, we were told we were stupid.  By a lock that was 1 lvl higher than my lowbie.  I inquired, but the jerk didn't want to tell me why we were stupid.

At least now I know.

Archived