Yun Exclusive Class Idea That Probably Won't Even Get Noticed...

EterniTySouL07

Can't really think of a good name for the class lol.

It's 2 attack attributes would be Flame and Shadow. And some of it's skills would be similar to other classes' skills, mostly BladeMaster and Warlock.

(Having difficulties creating "original" skills, too...)

-LB- can't think of much other than Stab, Slice, Stab, blah blah blah... and 1 airborne attack that activates after an "RB" airborne attack

-RB- "Long Stab" (like BladeMaster's "Pierce" but slower and with a longer range), and 2 airborne attacks that start a combo

-F- the usual "Retreat", and a variant of BladeMaster's "Divebomb" that activates on knockdowns, and an attack that causes targets to go airborne on Stun/Daze

-TAB- "Summon" (will have variants of "Obliterate" and "Soulburn"). Lasts 20 seconds. Cannot extend active time. The "Summon" would be changeable via skill points between a Phoenix (Ranged Combat Familiar) and a Nine Tailed Fox (Close Combat Familiar). Choosing Phoenix, will change every attributed skill to Flame and "Summon" based skills (4, C, and V) will contain Dazes instead of Stuns. Nine Tailed Fox = Shadow = Stuns. These changes between "Summons" are passive and do not require you to use the skill.

-1- "Counter/Parry", and "Slam" (activates after an "RB" airborne attack)

-2- "Lunge" (like FungFuMaster's "Flying Slam"), can be used on airborne targets for knockdown (use instead of the airborne combo)

-3- "Sweep" (Knockdown AoE)

-4- high damage AoE attack that will vary between close to long range and attribute depending on the chosen "Summon".

-Z- throw your spear and rush toward your enemy, resisting damage and status effects while rushing (A mixture of BladeMaster's "Soaring Falcon", "Rush", and Warlock's "Bastion")

-X- a skill similar to BladeMaster's "Boot" but with Knockback instead of Knockdown

-C- a support skill similar to Warlock's "Sanctum", the effects vary depending on the chosen "Summon" (Healing vs Resisting Status Effects)

-V- high damage attack that will vary between close to long range and attribute depending on the chosen "Summon". Can only be used while "Summon" is active.

-Q, E, S- the usual evade and resist skills

What do you think of this? I can already see some flaws, specifically how OP it is and most all of it's skills are taken from other classes... Was really just a bit of fun. But at the same time I would love to see something like this happen... *sobs quietly in the closet* 

Edit - to those of you saying you'd rather see a "gunner" class, that's not something you'd be seeing used for the nature friendly Yuns

These links to a character and her "upgrade path" of another game I used to play could give you some insight into where I got this idea. It should explain some things.

1- Ara (base character)

2- Little Specter (3rd path, 1st upgrade)

3- Asura (3rd path, Final upgrade)

14 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

Yun wont ever get an exclusive class because many would complain about being forced to play one gender for the class.

Considering the amount of people that complain about two entire classes being restricted to the short furry race and the devs never having given a damn about those complaints, I would consider this a non-factor.

I would rather have an original class rather than yet another lazy hybrid. Earth+lightning mage/cleric/archer/gunner/bard or something/whip/two-handed sword/scythe/katar/spear I mean seriously the possibilities are endless, no need to restrict ourselves to an arguably nonsensical mix of what we already have.

2 hours ago, iSorath said:

Considering the amount of people that complain about two entire classes being restricted to the short furry race and the devs never having given a damn about those complaints, I would consider this a non-factor.

There's a difference between forced to use the cute short race with animal ears/tail and being restricted on gender.  Also, I'm pretty sure Blade Dancer is just the lyn version of Blade Master.  Yes they're different, but supposed to be the race equivalent.  So, not sure I'd say they have two exclusive classes.  One exclusive and a tweaked for size one.  :p

2 minutes ago, Brand X said:

There's a difference between forced to use the cute short race with animal ears/tail and being restricted on gender.  Also, I'm pretty sure Blade Dancer is just the lyn version of Blade Master.  Yes they're different, but supposed to be the race equivalent.  So, not sure I'd say they have two exclusive classes.  One exclusive and a tweaked for size one.  :p

To your first point, it's a pretty subjective question and a matter of preference. Point is: locked to a race.

And to second point, blade dancer is a lazy hybrid but it's completely different from all 3 classes it took from, both in pvp and in pve. Despite being a hybrid it's still different enough to be a completely separate class with a completely different playstyle, stengths, and weaknesses.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

To your first point, it's a pretty subjective question and a matter of preference. Point is: locked to a race.

And to second point, blade dancer is a lazy hybrid but it's completely different from all 3 classes it took from, both in pvp and in pve. Despite being a hybrid it's still different enough to be a completely separate class with a completely different playstyle, stengths, and weaknesses.

Still, not gender locked.  If you have a problem playing the short race.  Don't play it.  I never cared for drawves, so I never picked that class in any game that had them.

Assassin is race locked, but the complaints on that are often less.  Same on Destroyer.  Just don't hear the complaints on them as much.

You could be right, but nothing wrong with the devs giving a little for story/lore purposes.

7 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Still, not gender locked.  If you have a problem playing the short race.  Don't play it.  I never cared for drawves, so I never picked that class in any game that had them.

Don't you see a bit of a humor here?

Have a problem playing short race character - don't play it.

Have a problem playing a female character - don't implement the class?

I, for one, don't see a problem with gender-locked classes. They worked in Ragnarok just fine (bard/dancer), and other games as well often had a similar lock on certain classes.

Some classes could even make sense to be gender-locked, or be completely weird to not make gender locked. For an exaggerated example, a broodmother class controlling hordes of spiders/bees. Or we can go comically further, imagine a class that's squeezing out and tossing newborns like bombs...-- 

well, I'm going off course here. TL;DR I don't see an issue with gender lock.

13 hours ago, iSorath said:

Thats where you are wrong though. There is a ocean of difference between being forced to be a girl or a guy, vs forced to play a race lol. You might not understand it but this is the way it is. Yun will never have an exclusive race since gender exclusivity is not something that happens in this game. Race exclusivity is another story however since its not nearly as controversial.

Not trying to blurt an opinion  or start a war. these are just the facts : P

1 hour ago, Negaimu said:

Thats where you are wrong though. There is a ocean of difference between being forced to be a girl or a guy, vs forced to play a race lol. You might not understand it but this is the way it is. Yun will never have an exclusive race since gender exclusivity is not something that happens in this game. Race exclusivity is another story however since its not nearly as controversial.

Not trying to blurt an opinion  or start a war. these are just the facts : P

The "ocean of difference" is actually just completely your opinion, and I certainly understand it regardless of whether or not I agree with it. In the eastern market, gender-locking is incredibly common and not very controversial at all, compared to the western market where it's highly frowned upon. Unfortunately for us, the creators of this game have been shown to have little to no regard for the western market's desires.

Those, my friend, are facts.

12 hours ago, Enhance said:

Don't you see a bit of a humor here?

Have a problem playing short race character - don't play it.

Have a problem playing a female character - don't implement the class?

I, for one, don't see a problem with gender-locked classes. They worked in Ragnarok just fine (bard/dancer), and other games as well often had a similar lock on certain classes.

Some classes could even make sense to be gender-locked, or be completely weird to not make gender locked. For an exaggerated example, a broodmother class controlling hordes of spiders/bees. Or we can go comically further, imagine a class that's squeezing out and tossing newborns like bombs...-- 

well, I'm going off course here. TL;DR I don't see an issue with gender lock.

I have no problem with it myself.  I can just understand the genderlock a little more than the race lock.  For me, I hope they just stick to lore reasons and not be like Tera who picked a few races and only one gender.  No Castanic Brawler was a let down :(  And we all know Castanic was really the master race in TERA :p

Yun gender locking is op, we need more of it. 

I would make a yun summoner, if the option existed. No way in **** I am playing the child like race.  If destroyers could only be males, I would still have one to farm stuff with. Gender locking is ok, race locking is not. 

Archived