Why p2w?

Soullessx

Why some people say this game is p2w?  This game is far from p2w...  Just make 3 chars lvl 45 and do dailies make 15-20+ gold a day and this game doesn't even come close to a p2w.  Guess people are lazy these days and want everything on first day without farming.  If you want to see a real p2w game go play PWI, some people there spent 5k-10k real money for their gear...

5 minutes ago, Zel said:

Everyone has their own personal definition of what P2W means, and that fluctuates based on how angry they are at the time. At most this game is Pay 2 Convenience.

This...

I always say in any game forum that if you ask 10 people to give their definition of what P2W is you'll get 11 different answers.  I think that if so many people are going to try and make their own different definition then the term "pay for convenience" also needs to be a thing.

15 minutes ago, Zel said:

Everyone has their own personal definition of what P2W means, and that fluctuates based on how angry they are at the time. At most this game is Pay 2 Convenience.

Spot on.  The game is FREE!  NCSoft has to be able to pay their staff, for their servers, this site and forums somehow correct??  That's where the micro transactions come in.  I find it to be absolutely astounding how many people have not come to grasp this concept. 

3 minutes ago, Isao Kondosan said:

Spot on.  The game is FREE!  NCSoft has to be able to pay their staff, for their servers, this site and forums somehow correct??  That's where the micro transactions come in.  I find it to be absolutely astounding how many people have not come to grasp this concept. 

Everyone expects a totally free game when it's a free-to-play sadly.

If a company adds a cash shop with items that not less than $10, it's an automatic "greedy" label stuck on them and they should do it a different way.

2 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Everyone expects a totally free game when it's a free-to-play sadly.

If a company adds a cash shop with items that not less than $10, it's an automatic "greedy" label stuck on them and they should do it a different way.

Oh I know.   But, that's not how reality works.  Plus, they would end up in the red rather fast.  The game is free to play, there's nothing that said EVERYTHING in the game was free.  

Barely have time to play 2 chars let alone 3. Since i work 8 hours a day 6 days a week with different shifts I usually just log on one char, do the soulstone dailies then do as much as I can on my second char. Usually I get 30/40 dailies done and that alone is a lot of dedication. The term "P2W" has changed since the old days. In a sense this game is, in some form, P2W. Why? Because currency exchange: $$$ = Gold = Gear.

The argument that there's nothing you can buy with $$ that will make you stronger than a F2P player is not entirely true. You buy gold with real money, thus in a day you can buy gold to get to your endgame weapon while a F2P needs several weeks of pure dedication to reach such goals.

4 hours ago, Zel said:

Yep, even with all the servers issues the game is far from P2W. PWI is a joke, if people only knew how ridiculous that game's economy is or how it's nearly impossible to get close to end-game gear without real money, or how the PvP is (getting 1 shot all the time), or how you basically just keep dying for 2 long hours on weekend events (getting 1 shot all the time) to make some money, they'd instantly change their mind regarding BnS and its supposedly P2W system. 

On 3/5/2016 at 8:06 PM, Dexyn said:

Barely have time to play 2 chars let alone 3. Since i work 8 hours a day 6 days a week with different shifts I usually just log on one char, do the soulstone dailies then do as much as I can on my second char. Usually I get 30/40 dailies done and that alone is a lot of dedication. The term "P2W" has changed since the old days. In a sense this game is, in some form, P2W. Why? Because currency exchange: $$$ = Gold = Gear.

The argument that there's nothing you can buy with $$ that will make you stronger than a F2P player is not entirely true. You buy gold with real money, thus in a day you can buy gold to get to your endgame weapon while a F2P needs several weeks of pure dedication to reach such goals.

I hate to "necro" a thread, but going by your logic: currency exchange money = gold= gear.     Looking at that statement, everyone has the ability to use the currency exchange for gold, and buy the same amount of gear.  There is nothing that is not available only to "swipers/whales" only in that statement you made.  Everyone is on the same platform, so that statement made no sense to me. 

35 minutes ago, Isao Kondosan said:

Again, if EVERYONE can buy/purchase the same things in game with little effort, it can't be P2W.  People are either lazy or bad, and want to blame simple game mechanics for why they're not getting things their way. 

the game will become pay to win like i said legendary wep will be tradable so people will buy it will real cash

2 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

the game will become pay to win like i said legendary wep will be tradable so people will buy it will real cash

And, again, if everyone can purchase or get the same item drop, it's not pay to win.   If you purchased something OUTSIDE of the game that gave you an advantage over everyone else in a pvp/pve format, you would be right.  But, since everyone has equal opportunity to obtain it, the requirements for it to be "p2w' is not met.   It's more of a "let's *cricket* at those who have, because I don't have" situation. 

2 minutes ago, Isao Kondosan said:

And, again, if everyone can purchase or get the same item drop, it's not pay to win.   If you purchased something OUTSIDE of the game that gave you an advantage over everyone else in a pvp/pve format, you would be right.  But, since everyone has equal opportunity to obtain it, the requirements for it to be "p2w' is not met.   It's more of a "let's *cricket* at those who have, because I don't have" situation. 

honestly, your opinion do you think this game will even last long enough? prob a year or so?

2 minutes ago, Isao Kondosan said:

It's been out since 2011/2012 in other countries.  And, now, it's out here.  I think it's going to be ok. 

i basically say it because of all the qq and forum stuff about quitting and what not. dunno if they will merge servers soon x.x

6 minutes ago, Isao Kondosan said:

It's been out since 2011/2012 in other countries.  And, now, it's out here.  I think it's going to be ok. 

Also, a quick edit.  It's doing well enough that it was COVETED to be released here, but it's still a huge E-Sport in other countries.  

i basically say it because of all the qq and forum stuff about quitting and what not. dunno if they will merge servers soon x.x

On 2016/3/4 at 10:14 PM, Soullessx said:

Why some people say this game is p2w?  This game is far from p2w...  Just make 3 chars lvl 45 and do dailies make 15-20+ gold a day and this game doesn't even come close to a p2w.  Guess people are lazy these days and want everything on first day without farming.  If you want to see a real p2w game go play PWI, some people there spent 5k-10k real money for their gear...

Why must people like you always, always generalise and exagerate the same stupid points? "Everyone wants to  get everything on day 1" Are really that naive, or stupid and really, in all honesty believe that crap you write? Nobody demands that. Nobody. So stop posting these make-belive lies in order to improve your flawed logic.

Secondly, doing the same repetetive, boring dailys on three characters? I'm sure some people like doing that and are doing that. But I find that as terribly boring and braincell-deadening as running the same dungeon over multiple hours a day over and over and over.

20 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

Why must people like you always, always generalise and exagerate the same stupid points? "Everyone wants to  get everything on day 1" Are really that naive, or stupid and really, in all honesty believe that crap you write? Nobody demands that. Nobody. So stop posting these make-belive lies in order to improve your flawed logic.

Secondly, doing the same repetetive, boring dailys on three characters? I'm sure some people like doing that and are doing that. But I find that as terribly boring and braincell-deadening as running the same dungeon over multiple hours a day over and over and over.

he clearly doesnt play ffxiv. that mmo takes months to be geared. this one takes a couple of days lol thats why this game is somewhat boring

Archived