Gated content, 45 balance, arena lag

TheEllimist

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Grimoir said:

Can they please make goodbye threads against the rules?....like.....why make a "i quit" thread...aint no one stopping you o.o

More about ncsoft killing another perfectly good import title than a goodbye thread. Shoulda known even after ruining 5 games ncwest can't learn how to run an mmo.

5 minutes ago, TheEllimist said:

More about ncsoft killing another perfectly good import title than a goodbye thread. Shoulda known even after ruining 5 games ncwest can't learn how to run an mmo.

Honestly what are you expecting?

There are as example: 20 players complaining vs 100k players who have no issues and problems. where do you think the issue lies?

Each MMO has its own patch and update line and that one will be followed.

We are getting closer to level 50 expansion and then we will be caught up to the other versions. If you honestly dont like it, go play BDO as you mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Honestly what are you expecting?

There are as example: 20 players complaining vs 100k players who have no issues and problems. where do you think the issue lies?

Each MMO has its own patch and update line and that one will be followed.

We are getting closer to level 50 expansion and then we will be caught up to the other versions. If you honestly dont like it, go play BDO as you mentioned.

more like 100k player with no issue and 20 PvE players who dont care about it ;p

My arena guild is basically dead already. 60/70 players quit.

Update/Patch line? They have all the content already localized. They just release it slowly so the masses can think were getting shiny new content all the time. They would rather gain a quick dollar off the casuals who don't know any better and let the game die in 3 months than just release the game up to date. Another classic NCwest moneygrab.

Worst part about the arena lag is I can anim-cancel faster on the JP server than I can here. No point in even playing this trash NA release.

3 minutes ago, Aiwass said:

in my case, i was really hyped for black desert and thought meh i'm never really going to play bns for sure. but since i started playing bns its the other way around.

Yup and thats the sad thing. This game had potential but NCwest murdered it on release to make some quick cash. All NCwest cares about is showing a good quarter to HQ so they don't get closed down after the huge failure that was wildstar. I wish they did close NCwest down so some other publisher could have picked up BnS. Sad because this plan is working. NCwest is going to have a great quarter due to BnS and they won't close down. They can live off the sacrificed corpse of BnS.

Ahem .. are you all new to the forums? Have a look around. I don't see any thread praising NCsoft how good they do their job. In fact, the atmosphere is so poisoned, NCsoft simply dove like a submarine.

We're not talking about minor issues like cosmetics clipping, losing rolls or banning requests because "bad word" like in other MMOs.

There are serious problems at hand and this non-communication is one of the worst ways to solve it.

3 minutes ago, Hwannn said:

Bloodlust team made this game and it is a sub-section of NCsoft Korea, i expected it to be another section of NC to become the publisher .. i do still have hope for the future

I honestly wonder if NCkorea has any communication with NCsoft. They let them run for 10+ years and they haven't run one single game well. Every single one had bot problems and various player complaints that are never resolved. They haven't had a single game that hasn't been either dead or marginalized within a year either. I guess as long as they turn a profit at all NCkorea probably doesn't care.

It's really crappy because they have been allowed to run some of the best and most promising games straight into the ground.

32 minutes ago, TheEllimist said:

how are they killing it.....NCsoft in korea is the developer.... NCsoft west s publishing it we are getting content straight from them... ffs are you an idiot? We are getting patches when they get translated we are getting content faster then any other version to catch up to current patch in Korea to participate in world tournament.. jesus man you jsut jump the gun and dont even know what you are talking about

4 minutes ago, Caex said:

how are they killing it.....NCsoft in korea is the developer.... NCsoft west s publishing it we are getting content straight from them... ffs are you an idiot? We are getting patches when they get translated we are getting content faster then any other version to catch up to current patch in Korea to participate in world tournament.. jesus man you jsut jump the gun and dont even know what you are talking about

Actually we have all the patches and it's already translated. The content is artificially locked so they can keep casual players for a longer period of time. Strategic gating of content. We are on the same version as korea just with levels locked, main quest locked and portals closed off.

Im not the one who doesnt know what they are talking about here. You're the type of casual player I was talking about who would actually be fooled by this lol

Looks like Blade & Soul still has your soul though, you're still posting on the forums.  If you're going to quit you should just leave, that's what I do when I quit games I don't like. I just roll out, I don't announce it on forums or look for people who are going to agree that their quitting. Game isn't perfect, and no game is. All people want money, they need it to survive. If you don't feel the game is worth your money, then don't pay or play? If you quit you just quit. You don't stay on forums. Bet the game isn't even off your computer. You're not quitting. You're soul belongs to the game now. You're bound to Blade & Soul forever!

3 minutes ago, SosukeRyugamine said:

Looks like Blade & Soul still has your soul though, you're still posting on the forums.  If you're going to quit you should just leave, that's what I do when I quit games I don't like. I just roll out, I don't announce it on forums or look for people who are going to agree that their quitting. Game isn't perfect, and no game is. All people want money, they need it to survive. If you don't feel the game is worth your money, then don't pay or play? If you quit you just quit. You don't stay on forums. Bet the game isn't even off your computer. You're not quitting. You're soul belongs to the game now. You're bound to Blade & Soul forever!

Should be a very very strong hint that I don't actually want to quit the game but the publisher is driving me and my clan away. This is where the publisher should take note and maybe at least respond and address the issue. However, this is NCwest were talking about. Played almost all their releases and nothing ever changes with them. Game will be dead in 3-6 months in order to milk some quick profits.

To be honest….i don’t think the issue is with ncsoft…its more with the player base.

Why? Players compare this game to other titles, other publishers and expect everything to go in that same way, while it wont. This is different just because game X does this and that doesn’t mean B&S should also, regardless if their players are happier or not, it’s a different model.

Players are crying about content….if the entire content would be released at once it would literally be a kill as it would be too overwhelming at one go.

Then there are complaints about the costumes being character bound…well there are games where its exactly the same and games which are different, this one chose to go the character bound way, so be it,

Players complain about bots…..well they already did a lot in his matter and it solved most of the issues, sure a few more remain but we will get there.

Bugs….well do you really expect that a bug reported now, will be fixed 10 min later? It has to be tested, validated, described, then the devs can have a go at it. It takes time but gets fixed in the end.

I play this game because its fun, I have friends to play with, a good clan, and we all enjoy it.Compared to that the issues aren’t that big.

And one more thing….i find it very amusing how things that are present in all versions, get mostly abused by americans in game and not in other regions xD

24 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Ahem .. are you all new to the forums? Have a look around. I don't see any thread praising NCsoft how good they do their job.

People don't go to the Forums to "praise" something, people only go to the forums to complain, because humans are negative like that. ;)

They are too lazy to see the good things to appreciate them, instead finding the smallest issue and making it seem like its the worst.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

To be honest….i don’t think the issue is with ncsoft…its more with the player base.

Why? Players compare this game to other titles, other publishers and expect everything to go in that same way, while it wont. This is different just because game X does this and that doesn’t mean B&S should also, regardless if their players are happier or not, it’s a different model.

Players are crying about content….if the entire content would be released at once it would literally be a kill as it would be too overwhelming at one go.

Then there are complaints about the costumes being character bound…well there are games where its exactly the same and games which are different, this one chose to go the character bound way, so be it,

Players complain about bots…..well they already did a lot in his matter and it solved most of the issues, sure a few more remain but we will get there.

Bugs….well do you really expect that a bug reported now, will be fixed 10 min later? It has to be tested, validated, described, then the devs can have a go at it. It takes time but gets fixed in the end.

I play this game because its fun, I have friends to play with, a good clan, and we all enjoy it.Compared to that the issues aren’t that big.

And one more thing….i find it very amusing how things that are present in all versions, get mostly abused by americans in game and not in other regions xD

Sure if comparing JP/KR blade and soul to NA blade and soul is comparing to different games.

Simple fact is we have a ping dependant game with tight balance and we got a release without that balance and terrible ping issue's. Noone's complaining about bugs or comparing to other games. Every single complaint is about how the game is run by the publisher and nothing has been done in weeks of release to fix anything.

Noone in thier right mind is going to invest time in an arena PvP game that has purposefully withheld balance and has terrible ping issue's because the devs would rather run the game from the same datacentre they run all thier games than actually invest in hosting some west servers and pay a network tech to actually solve whatever routing issue is causing people with 40-60 ping to have a 0.5s+ delay in arena.

2 minutes ago, Shinju said:

People don't go to the Forums to "praise" something, people only go to the forums to complain, because humans are negative like that. ;)

They are too lazy to see the good things to appreciate them, instead finding the smallest issue and making it seem like its the worst.

Yup crippling network issue's and a lack of balance caused on purpose to milk the casual players for money and alienate the games PvP playerbase are minor issue's. Im actually not being sarcastic here, they could have opened/moved some servers north/west, hired some techs to work with level3 on infastructure issue's or even talked to the community about it. Instead it's abundantly clear they simply intend to milk the game for cash over 3-6 months then let it rot like all previous NCwest titles.

The game seems to be doing great,bugs are fixed pretty fast, they already got the goldseller spam in control... Not to mention more content is again being added, in a matter of weeks.

Really,take a look on some facts before you come spouting nonsense without any backup how this game is ran so badly.

Sounds to me like all the hate from people in this thread is just from some other games that ncsoft published and have nothing to do with this game.

Its all so baseless accusations.

8 minutes ago, Shinju said:

Then we should start posting all the good things about the game? 

Just now, ThommiX said:

The game seems to be doing great,bugs are fixed pretty fast, they already got the goldseller spam in control... Not to mention more content is again being added, in a matter of weeks.

Really,take a look on some facts before you come spouting nonsense without any backup how this game is ran so badly.

Sounds to me like all the hate from people in this thread is just from some other games that ncsoft published and have nothing to do with this game.

Its all so baseless accusations.

Content is being unlocked not added, weeks have passed with known arena/network issue's and no response from NCwest and the arena is 50% bots anyways. Those are the facts

5 minutes ago, Shinju said:

I only heard one semester of marketing at university, but people actually do. When I was starting Tera 3 years ago, the forums were full of praises.

Just the numbers are shifted; one does not expect 10 preises from 10 content customers as 10 rants from 10 dissatisfied customers. When I was hearing the lecture years back then, the numbers were something like every 7th dissatisfied customers comes ranting while only every .. .20th (?) content customers left a praise. Of course the numbers change dependend on product, resort, etc. But basically you always have a specific rant-to-praise ratio. 

2 minutes ago, SosukeRyugamine said:

Then we should start posting all the good things about the game? 

Yeah if people want to know what I think is good about the game. Everything. This game is amazing. Just the way it's being run is complete shit.

Tons of amazing mmo's have been killed by miss management and NCwest has killed every game they ran sofar.

Archived