What to do against the BD's that just run away...

Vecejj

In tag and both 1v1 I have never encountered such a one sided fight when BD's just run away and stall for their cd's constantly so you can never actually attack them, then they just air combo you to death and reset again.

What to do as an FM?

Spec for chill penetrate on F. Use Impact block when he throws his sword. He can't spin until the sword returns to him, so you can punish in that tiny window. Z can be spec'd to penetrate defense/deflect. Spec into Frost Tornado. 

8 hours ago, Zooks said:

Spec for chill penetrate on F. Use Impact block when he throws his sword. He can't spin until the sword returns to him, so you can punish in that tiny window. Z can be spec'd to penetrate defense/deflect. Spec into Frost Tornado. 

Yea I've done all of this, It's only recently I've encountered the ones that just run and stay at max range, they wait for the resist CD to come back then just dive in which a 50% hp combo. The issue I'm having is if they catch you in an air combo the chill stacks sometimes run out or if they hit you with frost orbit it turns to freeze then they can run away with no chill, then of course they can just spin to resist any lockdown at a distance and you also risk being stunned easily as it's easy to deflect attacks coming from long range.

9 hours ago, fate1saber said:

My question is, how on earth is FM being kited?

You can kite any ranged class in any game... especially if you're a class which all they have to do is SPIN to remove any form of snare...

7 minutes ago, Vecejj said:

You can kite any ranged class in any game... especially if you're a class which all they have to do is SPIN to remove any form of snare...

Does "any ranged class" include summoners, who have dots, healing, defense/deflect piercing, auto-aimed attacks and a cat?

1 minute ago, Vexe said:

Does "any ranged class" include summoners, who have defense/deflect piercing, auto-aimed attacks and a cat?

Yes, this would be pushing it because of how stupidly strong they are but for example you can kite the cat with slows, kite the sunflower spam by strafing. I was specifically referring to Blade cancer vs FM, FMs main form of cc in Slow / snare and BD has a 100% snare / slow removal so they can kite incredibly easy. 

I have this issue with them, too. They are the worst imaginable thing. How shitty can you be to just run away all game ?

Most of the time they win at timer because they manage to get off 1-2 "combos", then keep running. Also, their grab is just ridiculous, you basically have to waste an escape on it because they can do it instantly without any pre-requirements.

Nevermind summoner, BD is the real no-skill-needed class.

I apologize for those who actually fight properly, who not just run away and play the end score game.

Don't freeze them, they just get free chi. Block their falcon with 1, QE, ice C or even ice V/tab, although you'd want to save ice V especially for their 5point when they're not chilled anymore. To be extra sure they're *cricket*ed, predict their grip and iframe it (with any of the aforementioned ones). If you specced into faster projectiles, just hit them after they spin. Even if you can't catch them and they're determined to stall the timer, this way you win anyways as long as you block their charges as well.

EDIT: Their grip has an 8m range, so you have the advantage in that.

4 hours ago, Vecejj said:

Hmmm no, as long as you have chill stack on the BD, he should not have ANY reliable engage except for the grab, you can literally sit in you divine veil and safely chipping him out.

18 minutes ago, fate1saber said:

Hmmm no, as long as you have chill stack on the BD, he should not have ANY reliable engage except for the grab, you can literally sit in you divine veil and safely chipping him out.

Pretty sure BD's can spin out of snares, and get 4 focus in addition to 60% move speed for doing so. 

1 minute ago, Zooks said:

Pretty sure BD's can spin out of snares, and get 4 focus in addition to 60% move speed for doing so. 

It is never about the snares, its about 1 or 2 chill stacks. Having chill stack on BD all the time eliminates their ability to engage.

this aoe meteor rain thingy , don't know how its called, use that when they try to do air combo as it will continue doing dmg even when you are flying and BD is immobilized for whole air combo which does little damage compared to other combos and takes long time, if they run away they break their combo if stay you'll trade equally. Would like to see some videos about this "running", it could turn out reasonable good way to deal with FM's as it is frustrating because FM can't CC lock you like other classes so you don't know when it's good way to counter attack them :|

On 26/02/2016 at 4:50 PM, fate1saber said:

The problem with this is you generate frost orbits, I could keep him on chill then if he rushes in at all he will get frozen from hitting me, then it's just air combos until you die.

Like I said, Blade dancer are a difficult match up but it's not the class I have issues with it's the ones who run away, stall for their cd's, especially in tag matches.

Archived