Lag Issues Collection

Xyda

I'm in NA and the arena lags very hard while open world is acceptable. And with tons of destroyer bots, it's extremely frustrating to pvp. Maybe too many bots causing heavy load on the server. If that's the case then the solution is very obvious

Bumping this thread because we still don't have any dev posts about this for the NA region.  I've looked at the dev tracker and there only seems to be responses for EU.  As basically everybody else has reported on here, reddit, bladeandsouldojo, etc., the arena is completely broken for a lot of us.  I get a normal ping in open-world maps of anywhere from 15 to 60.  I sit around 80 while in the PvP lobby.  Then I go into a PvP match...240 ping.  Constantly.  It's not just "spikes" or intermittent issues.  It's a whole quarter of a second delay on everything you do, which makes PvP completely unplayable against anybody other than the bots that NCSoft isn't banning.  I've managed to still win quite a few more matches than I've lost, but I've had to start using WTFast just to compensate for the terrible networking that's going on between me and the arena server, and at least half of those wins were from destroyer bots.  I faced one KFM where I was stunned before I'd even see him move, and my skills would go on cooldown without ever firing because of the timing.  He'd hit stun, I'd hit stun but my client hadn't received his stun yet so it triggers the animation and still sends my command to the server, server sees me as being stunned first and yet I somehow still end up with my skills on cooldown.  It happened several times with several skills in the worst of these laggy matches.  My F roll was also completely broken and would not work (others have reported this with high ping as well), and my TAB escape usually wouldn't fire once it finally lit up 1-2 seconds the CC landed.

I've heard that NCSoft has been using the "it's your ISP" excuse in support tickets posted by people on reddit, but it's clearly NOT our ISPs when we can have 15 ping to open-world maps.  If the arena servers are in a different physical location or connected to a different line, they might be able to get away with the "okay, it's OUR ISP that's not working right" and throw blame to a third party.  If not, it's clearly within NCSoft's datacenter or in their changes to the game.

WTFast showed 759 packets lost in 1:43:07 going directly from me and 384 going through it.  Even 384 is terrible for ANY duration of time, much less when it's less than two hours.  Then again, WTFast has terrible connection metrics for B&S because it opens so many connections and WTFast doesn't realize which is which.  It says my ping average via internet (not being tunneled) was 18ms, and 36ms through WTFast.  This is my usual ping to all of the other B&S IPs and ports, but it's not the one for port 10100 which sits at 240+ constantly as soon as I zone into an arena.

I'm playing this game for the PvP.  I could not care less about the PvE.  When PvP is broken, I will not be playing, and I have a feeling that's the same boat that the majority of the players of this game are in.

It's really unfortunate that they aren't even acknowledging it, much less fixing it.  I'm stuck around 1750 rating because I keep running into extremely laggy fights where I'm unable to do anything and get 100-0'd due to skill lag, regardless of using WTFast or not.  I also shouldn't have to use a VPN tunneling service just to be able to play a game when I have 15 ping to their location, just not to the specific arena server cluster.

You get a server, sure, which can effect your PvP style, but you are forgetting the fact, there are really hacks which will "lag" themselves, so you see them literally glitching around and hitting you without taking note from where.

Just watch those pesky Destroyer Bots walking around. You might see them just for 1-4 seconds, and they are gone. They are using some kind of speed hack or teleport.

I have had some morons in Arena PvP ... believe me or not ... it makes absolutely no f***ing joy fighting against such hackers.

So i started playing blade and soul a week ago, some of you guys probably know me from archeage and other competetive games through my stream.

I started out with kfm because everyone said it was a high skill cap class, been enjoying the game alot actually.

for some reason my 3rf seem to work in open world, but sometimes in arena i cant seem to pull it off perfectly. 

i got 30 ms and run a high end computer, i monitor my ping through wtfast and it says it's decent. 30-35 ish.

but i dont know, it feels different in the arena right now, seems like the rythm of 3rf or whatever else q and e dodges cant be pulled off onn charges like before.

since i usually dont have problems like these i decided to make a post.

Can anyone else relate to this in somewhat kind of way?

This post is reffered to people that live in europe and have decent ping.

Not a rant post, just curious.

Thanks!

Well, these devs got possibly one of the best mmorgs ever made into their hands,  which is possibly comparable with BDO only at the moment (judging by the hype). I thought this game is gonna overrule other games and their private servers as well :D since we all know how preffered they are :x  .... But now...I see I decided well once I bought only initiate pack instead of master, because last few days I felt like the game is going back to alpha version :x . I just feel sorry for thousands of people who put there hundreds of dollars/euros already and after seeing how the devs are sooo communicative and always avoid answering the most requested questions by answering some random bullsh1ts,.. Im just glad im out of this game...

Piece with everyone and to all the believers of this game I wish you great fun and I hope it gets better one day for yall ;)

3 hours ago, Kanosaki said:

note: you might get shitty server, and both of you will suffer, just a matter of how manageable it is.

note 2: If I can make a program that can produce lag only on one side, I would be a billionaire by now. QQ

First, it's entirely possible that only one of the two people in an arena are lagging if it's an issue with NCSoft's networking stack or internet connection that is causing crazy routes to certain areas of the country.  I'm in the Chicago suburbs, and I've seen several other posts where people from Chicago are experiencing issues when connecting to the PvP servers.

Second, this thread is about arena lag in general.  Only one person mentioned lag hacks, and you clearly also have no idea how those work.  It is entirely possible to fake lag and make your character warp around on other people's screens.  A lot of times this is done by flooding the server with bogus "updates" to the point that it loses track of where your character actually is...this also causes the server to get overloaded and increases ping and packet loss for other users.  Sound familiar?  These are the exact symptoms I've been experiencing, and they started when the bots started farming PvP because of Zen Beans.  I had no lag at release, and I did not run into warping KFMs that stun you before the game has even finished the "fight start" black screen fade out.

Third...congratulations, you can copy/paste your post from another thread that was about people using lag hacks into a thread where it's irrelevant.  You have contributed nothing to this conversation.

And still no reply from NCSoft on this.  It's getting to be rather ridiculous.  Arena is unplayable as an FM at higher ranks with this ping, and I've been forced to go blade prancer because it's easymode even with high ping.  Spin2Win has gotten my BD nearly to 1800 (where my 45FM is) at only lvl 31, which is just silly.  I've even beaten lvl 45 BDs that didn't know how to spec properly.  I suggest everybody else starts rolling BDs and letting all of the people that complain about BD know that it's because ping is forcing us not to play other ping-reliant classes/specs (FM, KFM 3RF, Des anicancel, etc.)

The weirdest thing is how inconsistent the lag is, I was able to climb to diamond the other day with no issues, ping felt very good and stable for one entire day. Queued up the next day, ping was over 200, pressing buttons and nothing would happen. Decided I'm going to quit the game until they fix the servers.

30 minutes ago, Kadrix said:

The weirdest thing is how inconsistent the lag is, I was able to climb to diamond the other day with no issues, ping felt very good and stable for one entire day. Queued up the next day, ping was over 200, pressing buttons and nothing would happen. Decided I'm going to quit the game until they fix the servers.

I experience the same thing but rather it differs from match to match sometimes as well. I have played some matches and seemingly had no lag, then one match later I'm back at 200-400ms. If you are quitting BnS for the meantime I suggest looking at Black Desert (please no one shoot me for mentioning this game). Most people on here seem to rage at the naming of that game, but if you want some good info on it check out PvtWiggles on YouTube or Twitch. That's what I'm going to check out in the meantime. If not, don't hate, just trying to help :3

• 1 month later...

Oh well not a lot of BnS users are aware of Kill Ping unfortunately. I am glad I came across someone who is using it. I came across this app through a review conducted by Dota 2 pros: 

11 minutes ago, Marthanumarda said:

I was having the same issue and I came across Kill Ping when I was looking for a solution. Here are my stats. I am decreasing 85ms before that it was impossible to play.

odVKQcP.jpg 

On 2/25/2016 at 1:43 AM, Sokucu said:

I am lagging outside the arena too.

I see you are using server 168-kp12104.. My home towns in PH and I usually use 168 & 175 server to achieve best results from Kill Ping.

Their support told me the following stuff:

Playing on BnS NA server with ISP Globe Telecom use Server = 175 or 168

For BnS NA server with ISP PLDT use Server = 143

These servers are solely for PH users btw... If you're in different region you may ask their support for best servers. Not sure but have more than 60~70 servers 

Archived