The change to summoner is intended

Alukah

It was something that both Freedomplays' translated patch notes and NCWest overlooked, but the changes to 'Doom and Bloom' (F) and Crouching Tiger (Q) were actually documented in the Dec 16 Korean patch notes, the Dec 16 balance patch was the same balance patch we got on Feb 10.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/45jrmo/summoners_still_not_hotfixed_in_2_days/czyfyw1

23 minutes ago, Alukah said:

It was something that both Freedomplays' translated patch notes and NCWest overlooked, but the changes to 'Doom and Bloom' (F) and Crouching Tiger (Q) were actually documented in the Dec 16 Korean patch notes, the Dec 16 balance patch was the same balance patch we got on Feb 10.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/45jrmo/summoners_still_not_hotfixed_in_2_days/czyfyw1

So then why would the devs say it was a bug?

I dont see much issue either way

Except not having Iframes for certain repeated large damage attacks is awful

The cat tanks just fine if youre playing with your head

I had alot of issue with never being aggrod

It was OP

25 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Copying my reply to someone else here:

Poor communication with the devs, NCWest sends bug reports in a way similar to how we report bugs to NCWest, If we are really meant to get the same patch as Korea, in the following days Team Bloodlust will close the bug ticket by NCWest as working as intended, and then NCWest relies that info to the players.

52 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Devs never said it was a bug they only said they were looking into it and that means they are not aware they are going to look into it and give you answer .

As per the changed the only one that bothers me is Doom n Bloom but the taunt prior patch was rediculous the pet could tank it no matter how much you dps and now it tanks for 8 second then if you dps too high you have agro which makes a lot of sense and now it means you will have to time your KD , root and daze so that you use them only when taunt is on CD.

5 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Devs never said it was a bug they only said they were looking into it and that means they are not aware they are going to look into it and give you answer .

As per the changed the only one that bothers me is Doom n Bloom but the taunt prior patch was rediculous the pet could tank it no matter how much you dps and now it tanks for 8 second then if you dps too high you have agro which makes a lot of sense and now it means you will have to time your KD , root and daze so that you use them only when taunt is on CD.

I was going off that post. if that meant they were looking into it and it wasn't a confirmed bug then they worded it weird.

6 minutes ago, Alukah said:

The customer support in this game is really bad, sending 10 tickets will get you 10 completely different answers, because their CS is likely outsourced.

The Korean patch notes aren't fake so, that's what we got.

Yea that's true I had an issue not being able to buy ncoin because it said their security certificate wasn't good sent a ticket in and waited. While I waited I posted on the bug forums 5 hours later a mod here asked us about it 2 hours after that they said it was an issue on their end and it was fixed now. the next morning I got up I'd forgot about the ticket but they got back to me 18 hours later (not bad for a ticket here but funny that the forums were faster) they said they checked my attempts to buy ncoins and that I was having an issue on my end and to try all these things. >.<

1 hour ago, Blossom said:

Problem is that if I only used low damage hits and aggro was previously close for my pet, now the aggro switches straight to me after taunt. Meaning taunt doesn't generate aggro, it simply forces a target swap. (This can also be seen by enemies that jump out of range of the pet. I'll hit them a few times, taunt with my pet, they'll switch to attack my pet, jump back out of range, then immediately switch to me while my pet is in taunt).

On 2/13/2016 at 9:22 AM, SinNoAria said:

Problem is that if I only used low damage hits and aggro was previously close for my pet, now the aggro switches straight to me after taunt. Meaning taunt doesn't generate aggro, it simply forces a target swap. (This can also be seen by enemies that jump out of range of the pet. I'll hit them a few times, taunt with my pet, they'll switch to attack my pet, jump back out of range, then immediately switch to me while my pet is in taunt).

Isnt that good though

I mean theres not much use if the summoner is never aggrod

9 hours ago, Yancha said:

Isnt that good though

I don't have a problem with the skill itself. Just the wording being somewhat misleading.

"Taunt", as a gamer, suggests that aggro/hate is gained. Currently, none is gained, it is just a forced retarget within a certain range.

On 2/14/2016 at 7:39 PM, SinNoAria said:

I don't have a problem with the skill itself. Just the wording being somewhat misleading.

"Taunt", as a gamer, suggests that aggro/hate is gained. Currently, none is gained, it is just a forced retarget within a certain range.

It does taunt

Just not permanently

I dont think its fair to push assumptions onto it

Dont take that as an attack or anything but it does do what it says it does

Its just not permanent like it was before

3 minutes ago, Yancha said:

It does taunt

Just not permanently

My gf is a summ, if the cat taunts I take aggro off it instantly, this is not working properly.

On 2/14/2016 at 7:48 PM, WhiteCrow said:

My gf is a summ, if the cat taunts I take aggro off it instantly, this is not working properly.

I still havnt personally experienced the cat losing aggro before the 8 seconds but assuming it does

The summoner has and AoE hold

Multiple slows

Double KD into pounce

Double Daze into playtime

Dandylion

Backstep

And Petals for distance attacks

Is that not enough to get by in most situations?

1 minute ago, Yancha said:

I still havnt personally experienced the cat losing aggro before the 8 seconds but assuming it does

The summoner has and AoE hold

Multiple slows

Double KD into pounce

Double Daze into playtime

Dandylion

Backstep

And Petals for distance attacks

Is that not enough to get by in most situations?

All I'm saying is it is not working properly, the taunt gets ignored a lot of the time. Completely ignored.

1 minute ago, Yancha said:

It does taunt

Just not permanently

It isn't that I want it permanent, but in most games with a taunt, how taunt works is that it puts you on the top of the stack.

So say I have 500 hate, my cat has 499 hate, my party has 400 hate. If my cat used taunt, it would put it at 501 hate the first taunt.

So say I have 2000 hate, my cat has 1 hate, my party has 9000 hate. If my cat used taunt, it would put it at 9001 hate the first taunt.

Now how it is working is like this.

I have 300 hate, my cat is at 600 hate. My cat uses taunt because I need it to defend itself against a heavy attack.  Now, if I don't cancel taunt right after, It is at 600 hate for 8 seconds.

I have 900 hate, my cat has 100 hate. My cat uses taunt? It holds aggro, sure, but now for that 8 seconds, I'm still gaining aggro and my cat is not.

===

Another reason to believe it isn't working as intended though, is simple: My party member uses taunt, Boss takes a second to switch (so 8 seconds is really 7 seconds now due to the delay). If I were to use my max dps burst combo, I can do enough damage to override taunt and force the boss to attack me. In fact, I've watched as aggro swapped between me and a taunting cat. The boss would literally spin around, hit the cat, spin around, attack me, spin back around, then spin around to attack me. On a TAUNTING cat. Like, mid-taunt.

So while the skill may have been intended to be changed, I have a suspicion that like F7's boss, it wasn't implemented as intended.

On 2/14/2016 at 7:55 PM, SinNoAria said:

It isn't that I want it permanent, but in most games with a taunt, how taunt works is that it puts you on the top of the stack.

So say I have 500 hate, my cat has 499 hate, my party has 400 hate. If my cat used taunt, it would put it at 501 hate the first taunt.

So say I have 2000 hate, my cat has 1 hate, my party has 9000 hate. If my cat used taunt, it would put it at 9001 hate the first taunt.

Now how it is working is like this.

I have 300 hate, my cat is at 600 hate. My cat uses taunt because I need it to defend itself against a heavy attack.  Now, if I don't cancel taunt right after, It is at 600 hate for 8 seconds.

I have 900 hate, my cat has 100 hate. My cat uses taunt? It holds aggro, sure, but now for that 8 seconds, I'm still gaining aggro and my cat is not.

===

Another reason to believe it isn't working as intended though, is simple: My party member uses taunt, Boss takes a second to switch (so 8 seconds is really 7 seconds now due to the delay). If I were to use my max dps burst combo, I can do enough damage to override taunt and force the boss to attack me. In fact, I've watched as aggro swapped between me and a taunting cat. The boss would literally spin around, hit the cat, spin around, attack me, spin back around, then spin around to attack me. On a TAUNTING cat. Like, mid-taunt.

So while the skill may have been intended to be changed, I have a suspicion that like F7's boss, it wasn't implemented as intended.

Doesnt that mean youre generating more hate than your cat with that max DPS though?

Every taunt is still a chance to get free burst damage between defensive skills as well

18 hours ago, Yancha said:

Doesnt that mean youre generating more hate than your cat with that max DPS though?

Every taunt is still a chance to get free burst damage between defensive skills as well

Taunt isn't generating aggro properly, it is just forcing a target swap. That means regardless of how much aggro you gain in a burst, you shouldn't be taking aggro away DURING the taunt.

The way I tested this was simple. I had my cat with slightly more aggro than me, had it taunt, then hit with a single LMB (low damage attack). Nothing else. Afterwards, aggro switched to me. Though another reason I suspect it is broken is that I even had the cat with far more aggro, used taunt, did an attack, aggro changed to me.

Either taunt isn't generating aggro properly or after it is done with taunt, it is resetting the cat's aggro (but not anyone else's). 

On 2/13/2016 at 0:14 PM, Yancha said:

Isnt that good though

not any use if the summoner has agro all the time.  Which after upgrading my weapon i do have agro all but 4 seconds of my cats taunt.....  makes soloing specially floor 7 almost impossible.

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 0:22 PM, SinNoAria said:

The skill doesnt say (Generates thread) it says (Taunts for 8 second) Its meant to only taunt for 8 second rather than generating hate .

Archived