Nice anti-cheat software Ncsoft

sgxshantay

1 hour ago, sgxshantay said:

lol? This game is dead. Just amazes me on top of everything else they can't even get this right.

I guess you're response doesn't surprise me since you're just looking at the BNS thread at 5AM. Not much going on in your life I guess

high jumps in this game aint that uncommon.... got salt bruh?

GameGuard got switched off a patch or two ago for some reason.  I think because it was preventing people running a Linux OS from playing.  I'm sure they'll turn it back on once they figure out how to whitelist Linux operating systems.

Still, it sucks. :(

Maybe someone here can also tell me ARE macros allowed in this game.. there seems to be a lot of players that are basically spamming a single button which is only possible WITH a macro and I thought macros were not supposed to be used in this game (or any 3rd party software)\

then you have the teleport hack in the arena .. NOW it could be lag but usually my lag is inconsistent and one players in the arena ONLY lagged just before this teleport ability like thing they used .. unless they gave destroyers stealth I couldn't figure out what it was

not sure about all this cheating in a PvP that seems broken already due to arena issues for so many and the fact that some classes have little skill necessary (summoner) and then others that require timing, rotation and ani cancelling

9 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

Maybe someone here can also tell me ARE macros allowed in this game.. there seems to be a lot of players that are basically spamming a single button which is only possible WITH a macro and I thought macros were not supposed to be used in this game (or any 3rd party software)\

Macros are not permitted, though they're rather hard to detect. Macros do make things easier, but a macro can't do something a player cannot unless the game has no animation time, and the game has animation times on everything. Larger trouble is that the game has combos which can be macro'd which deal more than 70% of a player's health bar, which is a rather poor design decision in my opinion.

I've also had cheaters before. One KFM thought he was clever, teleported out of Typhoon, thought I wouldn't notice that he moved the entire length of the arena in half a second.

Yup hackers, summoner paw glitch. I ran into a fm today who while jumping wouldn't take cc or damage, and no before you ask i was not using ranged I was melee, and Divine veil was not active nor was ice form. My GF ran into the same issue today as well, again a FM jumping and avoiding damage and ccs. So hacks, glitches, unbalanced compared to certain classes and arena ping issues. This game is so Esport. because when i think Esport, i think haxs, glitches, exploits, unbalanced poor ping handling on a ping dependent game. 

1 minute ago, Maeyamada said:

I fought this person, or someone with the same name, on his force master. Was terrible. He teleported all over the arena. I still won though cause FM can't really win against blade masters. 

Wanna spar later? I can disprove that theory quick.

1 hour ago, dmoe33 said:
21 minutes ago, chinmi said:

this is a naming and shaming thread. better delete that picture and any names OP, or the moderator will delete it for you and ban your account for breaking the ToS.

I am sorry, Naming and shaming what? A Hacker or exploiter? If NCSoft does anything, then its proof they support it IMO. if anything they should send the swift, ban hammers to this guy or gal/ Publicly display his banishment and the reasons why as GW2 did when it had the hacker issue.

They logged on his account, proclaimed to the world via forum and chats that this account was a known hacker. Destroyed his gear, emptied his banks hande dout his cash. Stripped him naked and launched him off the highest point to die of fall damage before banning him. Then posted the entire thing on youtube. 

Right now even with GameGuard this game will still be pestered with hackers. GameGuard is one of the more horrid anti hack systems used by Korean MMO and its horrid at times especially when game freezes and you can't close it due to client being hidden from Task Manager. 

It's gonna be a while till hackers and bots are rid off from the game... if NCSoft want to prioritize something it should be in-game security... 

5 hours ago, voodooblade said:

I am sorry, Naming and shaming what? A Hacker or exploiter? If NCSoft does anything, then its proof they support it IMO.

that what happens to other similar thread like this. just browse thru general chat, and search for thread that report people that

reporting bot... naming and shaming

reporting master loot ninja... naming and shaming

this ? i bet if a moderator came it will be another naming and shaming case

it's a shame, but yea... naming *crickeet* is not allowed in this forum. you may not tell others the identity of those kind of person... you just can't... 

9 hours ago, Yongnian said:

GameGuard got switched off a patch or two ago for some reason.  I think because it was preventing people running a Linux OS from playing.  I'm sure they'll turn it back on once they figure out how to whitelist Linux operating systems.

Still, it sucks. :(

It prevented a lot of normal things AND all these hacks were STILL there. People like you need to understand that the person behind the comp has FULL control over the computer and will always be able to bypass any anti-cheating mechanics. Real companies have server side verification, NCSOFT put all their eggs in client side verification and shot themselves in the foot. To date I am yet to come across a company to do this.

I had my internal security application shut down by GG because it used OpenCV. I had drivers crash by GG because they were unsigned. I had ALL DX apps crash due to calls being rejected as a result of GG. All while this was going on gold spammers were everywhere and speed hackers were bouncing from region to region. Game Guard is shit, NCSOFT failed for having no server side verification.

Archived