Why is True Profane worse than Awakened Profane?

Fatface

Why do I have to spend around 7 gold more or less to get a weapon that is way worse than my current weapon? I'm having trouble finding a good chart online involving weapon evolution. Can someone link me to a good one that details the price of each upgrade and what stats it will bring? I'm just confused:[

6oQZrnV.jpg

7 minutes ago, Artifact said:

Don't  upgrade to siren or pirate if u want the hongmoon path later when we have the patch, also always upgrade accessory first. Profane is good enough

Wait, what? Really? Profane is good enough even for new patch.  I am dedicating my soul to farming this stupid 12 gold requiremnt to update weapon and that is not even counting the materials I need to get from the marketplace as well.  Can anyone tell me if this indeed true?

20 minutes ago, Azteka said:

Wait, what? Really? Profane is good enough even for new patch.  I am dedicating my soul to farming this stupid 12 gold requiremnt to update weapon and that is not even counting the materials I need to get from the marketplace as well.  Can anyone tell me if this indeed true?

I don't really understand your question, are u asking if profane is really good enough?

12 minutes ago, Artifact said:

I don't really understand your question, are u asking if profane is really good enough?

That's how I read it. I think he's assuming that since we can update our weapon, we need to in order to do the new material.

On that note...I have seen people clear Mushin's tower with Profane, So I don't see pushing yourself past that an issue. Question though Artfact...could you explain the hongmoon path? are there two separate options once we hit profane to upgrade our weapon? 

The siren/pirate weapons will be obsolete and removed from ur inventory to turn into 25 atk gems later on, I still don't know yet if i want to upgrade and then once time comes just redo it all. The profane weapon you have will stay the same and I think there are 3 paths. I haven't really looked into which path is better since we still have a lot of months before that so I cant tell you exactly how it works in practice.  I am just focused on getting accessory to the max. I cleared  mushin with profane, no problems at all.

10 minutes ago, Artifact said:

The siren/pirate weapons will be obsolete and removed from ur inventory to turn into 25 atk gems later on, I still don't know yet if i want to upgrade and then once time comes just redo it all. The profane weapon you have will stay the same and I think there are 3 paths. I haven't really looked into which path is better since we still have a lot of months before that so I cant tell you exactly how it works in practice.  I am just focused on getting accessory to the max. I cleared  mushin with profane, no problems at all.

awesome. thanks for the heads up! I'll just work up to profane, and focus on accessories as well.

14 minutes ago, Artifact said:

Where exactly did you hear this? If we're following TW/JP which we appear to be doing then this is beyond false. And if for some completely illogical reason this is the case then NCW is making a massive mistake, a fully evolved siren/pirate weapon for a 25 attack gem is basically trading in a diamond for a plastic bead. We'll most likely follow the TW weapon path where true siren/true pirate will cross-evolve into the new evolve path. Please don't spread information like this around without solid evidence to back it up, many people are going to make bad decisions based on it.

26 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

Where exactly did you hear this? If we're following TW/JP which we appear to be doing then this is beyond false. And if for some completely illogical reason this is the case then NCW is making a massive mistake, a fully evolved siren/pirate weapon for a 25 attack gem is basically trading in a diamond for a plastic bead. We'll most likely follow the TW weapon path where true siren/true pirate will cross-evolve into the new evolve path. Please don't spread information like this around without solid evidence to back it up, many people are going to make bad decisions based on it.

From a reliable Korean source, a friend who reads patch notes and plays KR BnS.

Not sure about TW/JP path though. I thought we followed Korea? lol 

I can try to get more information and make it 100% clear, but I dont know if we're getting a different treatment like you mentioned with TW/JP 

Just now, Artifact said:

No, we're following either CN or TW/JP, most likely TW/JP as I believe they said they aren't going to start the overpowered s1/s2/s3 legendary bit here. 

2 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

No, we're following either CN or TW/JP, most likely TW/JP as I believe they said they aren't going to start the overpowered s1/s2/s3 legendary bit here. 

And you are sure we are following that path? Did NCSoft mention anything and where, just curious I want to know if that's the case

27 minutes ago, Artifact said:

And you are sure we are following that path? Did NCSoft mention anything and where, just curious I want to know if that's the case

Not explicitly no, but the evolve costs and features line up perfectly with the JP/TW client. There is a small chance we will follow the CN line instead but we most surely won't get the KR path as KR is p2p and had established itself before they added in hongmoon weapons. They also use the legendary system of CN now. At worst true pirate will break down into pirate soul and we'll be given an S1 legendary weapon at the end of the yellow quest in 50 cap. Most likely though they'll follow the JP/TW line and cross evolve into the new 50 cap path. There is no way they would replace weapons that cost hundreds of gold with a gem that goes for under 20 even this early in the game. 

1 hour ago, Artifact said:

30 minutes ago, Artifact said:

I can try to get more information and make it 100% clear, but I dont know if we're getting a different treatment like you mentioned with TW/JP 

The weapons are not going to be deleted/swapped for 25 attack gems... We should be getting the same path as TW where we can evolve True Profane into Oathbreaker, True Siren into True Oathbreaker and True Pirate into True Breeze.  Just like this below.60f1fe3476.jpg

2 minutes ago, Myleina said:

The weapons are not going to be deleted/swapped for 25 attack gems... We should be getting the same path as TW where we can evolve True Profane into Oathbreaker, True Siren into True Oathbreaker and True Pirate into True Breeze.  Just like this below.60f1fe3476.jpg

This. 

2 minutes ago, Artifact said:

Honestly, I prefer to go TW path and it would be awesome if we had a way of confirming all of this in advance. 

It's not confirmed, but the source you stated is simply too dumb to be true/happen.  A weapon that you spent hundred of gold in fee/mats to upgrade just to get it swapped by a 25 attack gem that wont even be worth 1/10 of what you spent by the time lvl 50 comes out? That's too unrealistic to be true to me.

So guys, i'm at true profane atm, should i keep going and aim for siren/pirate?, i don't have much knowledge about these things, and i dont know if i should either keep going with my weapon or stick to true profane and get siren jewerly

If we get the path indicated above then it will apparently be much cheaper to have True Pirate when that update rolls around and continue from there than to stay at True Profane and go the other path. Also, while it's possible to clear Mushin with True Profane it ain't fun. If you're going to be doing that, Bloodshade, and whatever's next regularly it's worth continuing with your upgrades as you go anyway.

3 hours ago, Fatface said:

Why do I have to spend around 7 gold more or less to get a weapon that is way worse than my current weapon? I'm having trouble finding a good chart online involving weapon evolution. Can someone link me to a good one that details the price of each upgrade and what stats it will bring? I'm just confused:[

6oQZrnV.jpg

Why? because its a stepping stone.

Quite frankly im asking the same reason why im paying about 20g to get 270 - 272. Then I realize, beacuse pirate is better than siren... ITS A STEPPING STONE TO GREATNESS.

Archived