Please add a 2 second lock-out per bid

LeeSsang

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeeSsang said:

You obviously didn't even read any of this thread

Actually i read and obviously you didnt understand me. Lets assume your idea was actually amazing and fixed something about something.

We add 2 sec cd on bidding. What happens now.

5 guys want to bid to wait each bid they have to wait in total 10second for 5 rounds of bid. Then multiple that with 5 rounds or even ten. So your suggestion wants to waste everyones time just because you're personally making mistake and not paying attention on bids

Just now, Ninfu said:

Actually i read and obviously you didnt understand me. Lets assume your idea was actually amazing and fixed something about something.

We add 2 sec cd on bidding. What happens now.

5 guys want to bid to wait each bid they have to wait in total 10second for 5 rounds of bid. Then multiple that with 5 rounds or even ten. So your suggestion wants to waste everyones time just because you're personally making mistake and not paying attention on bids

No, out of 5 people, if one person bids high, it will make all the lower bidders re-think their bid. This new timer will just encourage people to bid on the price that they believe it is worth, not 1copper each. Everyone will either pass, or in case of something like Poharan perfume where everybody bids, nobody is going to bid 2 copper after the 1copper bid. in fact, this accelerates the bidding time.

24 minutes ago, LeeSsang said:

No, out of 5 people, if one person bids high, it will make all the lower bidders re-think their bid. This new timer will just encourage people to bid on the price that they believe it is worth, not 1copper each. Everyone will either pass, or in case of something like Poharan perfume where everybody bids, nobody is going to bid 2 copper after the 1copper bid. in fact, this accelerates the bidding time.

There will always be players who bid 1 copper or smallest amount that wont change with this system.

4 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

There will always be players who bid 1 copper or smallest amount that wont change with this system.

Sounds more like you are impatient.  

How about we fix the problem with players taking advantage over other players and have you be patient instead?  

"Oh no! loot "might" take longer with this new 2sec timer!"  

"Let's keep the current broken system where players can take advantage of eachother because I "might" have to wait a little longer!"  

Do you know how wrong you are?

Totally agree: something needs to be done for that.Why don't you make the loot system like the old fashion dungeon way? Greed, Need, Pass. No wonder why there are all those bots selling gold. I did not know that you can bid and leave and the auction would start all over again. I learned it though the hard way paying my only hard earned 1g for an accessory item under the laughs of the other teammates. Nice job to the scammers who thought this way to deceive other players. This is the first yellow card for the game from me. From now on I am done with pug parties. Good Job to all who like to deceive fellow players. 

Just manually put in what you think the item is worth and leave it at that. If I'm willing to pay 40s for an item then I type in 40s hit bid and leave it at that, then nobody can snipe your bid. I mean it's a pretty simple concept and I'm not sure why people have such a hard time with it. I've never once gotten screwed over because I play the game like an intelligent human being. 

1 minute ago, Ryiox said:

Just manually put in what you think the item is worth and leave it at that. If I'm willing to pay 40s for an item then I type in 40s hit bid and leave it at that, then nobody can snipe your bid. I mean it's a pretty simple concept and I'm not sure why people have such a hard time with it. I've never once gotten screwed over because I play the game like an intelligent human being. 

While i agree, to some extent that is been smart about how to use the system, the system it's self is indeed flawed. If "Player A" bids 1g 50silver on something because they see 2 people want said item then "Player B/C" see this and stop bidding all "Player A" has to do is leave the instance and Item is therefore lost null and void where as what I think should happen is at the highest bidder the money should be taken from there pouch till someone else bids higher. This will stop people leaving after bidding up an item they have no desire to have,.

12 minutes ago, Ryiox said:

Maybe you are right about that way, and I honestly thank you for your suggestion, but pls tell me the truth, do you enjoy when you play a game with horrible openings for scums? Of course as in real life, when you are careful, it is hard to be a victim. but this is not real life, it is a game and when I am playing a game I do that because I like it and it is fun. Well, where is the fun when you have to wait till the auctions end to move on to the next stage - area of the dungeon? You loose the pace. And most important here: My eyes are on the screen watching for the safety of my character and my group, not watching if I am about to be scummed from a prick.

If you run into something rare and obviously wanted, then here is what you do. "Don't bid." At least not immediately. The people will sit there and run the prices, sometimes high, sometimes low. However, it keeps you from making the mistake of paying more than you intended to. Show some patience and let the people toss their money around. I do it all the time on poha, skittering, ogong etc. People toss gold out for that perfume and moonwater tears xD.

8 minutes ago, Shillu said:

While i agree, to some extent that is been smart about how to use the system, the system it's self is indeed flawed. If "Player A" bids 1g 50silver on something because they see 2 people want said item then "Player B/C" see this and stop bidding all "Player A" has to do is leave the instance and Item is therefore lost null and void where as what I think should happen is at the highest bidder the money should be taken from there pouch till someone else bids higher. This will stop people leaving after bidding up an item they have no desire to have,.

I'm not sure there's anyone who disagrees that the system is flawed, even those who abuse it. I very much doubt this system will ever be changed though, so I suggest doing the only thing you can to ensure that you aren't taken advantage of. 

3 minutes ago, Elorieth said:

Maybe you are right about that way, and I honestly thank you for your suggestion, but pls tell me the truth, do you enjoy when you play a game with horrible openings for scums? Of course as in real life, when you are careful, it is hard to be a victim. but this is not real life, it is a game and when I am playing a game I do that because I like it and it is fun. Well, where is the fun when you have to wait till the auctions end to move on to the next stage - area of the dungeon? You loose the pace. And most important here: My eyes are on the screen watching for the safety of my character and my group, not watching if I am about to be scummed from a prick.

Do I enjoy how hateful and disgusting people can act? No, not really. Whether it's real life or online I act cautiously because I understand that people will do these things. I have fun by removing the chance of something ruining my time. Games were always meant to be fun, whether it's from a challenge or something competitive. At the end of the day we play them for our own enjoyment. I suggest playing the game in a way where you can enjoy it the most, and that includes taking away the option for others to ruin your enjoyment.

7 minutes ago, Ryiox said:

Do I enjoy how hateful and disgusting people can act? No, not really. Whether it's real life or online I act cautiously because I understand that people will do these things. I have fun by removing the chance of something ruining my time. Games were always meant to be fun, whether it's from a challenge or something competitive. At the end of the day we play them for our own enjoyment. I suggest playing the game in a way where you can enjoy it the most, and that includes taking away the option for others to ruin your enjoyment.

Thank you again for your constructive arguments and I see we are in the same boat here. The thing is does NCSoft care about this situation at all? Or he tries to pull things in there that cost gold to the players and allow bots to sell it because, maybe just maybe they share some profits? 

1 hour ago, Elorieth said:

Thank you again for your constructive arguments and I see we are in the same boat here. The thing is does NCSoft care about this situation at all? Or he tries to pull things in there that cost gold to the players and allow bots to sell it because, maybe just maybe they share some profits? 

I very much doubt bots have anything to do with it. NCSoft only care about their profit, they're like many companies these days, only concerned about their bottom line. Customers are simply a means to an end and they aren't treated as people. Companies think in terms of "How can we make it so that they'll give us more money." A great example of this is how they added the RNG box in the cash shop after they told people they would never add them. They did it anyway because they wanted to see the impact it would have on the amount of money they make. If they make 10% more and only lose 3% of the player-base that's what's known as an "Acceptable loss." I've been around the track a few times and I know how it goes. Players will complain and a few things will be changed, but if you think they care about you as either a person or customer...You'd be wrong.

Unfortunately, there's no way to stop those dirty bids as it is right now.

Having an idea of how much the dungeon loot costs in the market allows you to avoid being tricked into making these ridiculously high bids. For instance, the 4 Misty woods blue dungeons always drop 2x Moonwater tears. The tears go for anything between 47-50s on Poharan. Knowing this allows you to limit the amount you're willing to bid, by placing your bids manually instead of clicking Y.

I bid a maximum of 75s for 2x cause that gives me a profit of 19-25s. If someone bids higher (80s+) then I just let the bid run out since I get 16s from the split, and would make less if I bid higher and won.  Similar story for other items such as recipes, etc.

As for costumes, I guess you'd have to know how much you're willing to spend for each one, and not bid above that.

I will have to verify but if you put in the value manually and someone bids over it your value does not auto increment over that so next time you bid it fails instead of bidding (same with collisions as someone pointed out)

7 minutes ago, OSik83 said:

I will have to verify but if you put in the value manually and someone bids over it your value does not auto increment over that so next time you bid it fails instead of bidding (same with collisions as someone pointed out)

If someone bids over the value you manually entered, your option to bid is greyed out, and you can't bid, hence protecting you against dirty/legit higher bids. This gives you control over how much you want to bid/pay for an item.

If I want to scum the party, I place (e.g.) 2 gold on the Auction Bid and then I leave right? The Auction then is being reset. EXCEPTION here the case when one of the other party members either by mistake either by confusion press the bid button BEFORE I leave the dungeon. The question is: Why the game allows me to leave while I participate in an Auction Bid? If I Bid, no Exit for me till the current bid ends. If I want to leave then I have to press Pass to All and then I can leave. So simple.

I found out another annoying and frustrating disadvantage of the loot system. Let's say you are doing a dungeon with 3 bosses. Usually when you are not lvl 45 yet, you need to do some runs in specific instances that will provide you (with lot of luck) the items you need to upgrade your current gear. If there are several members of the party who needs as well these items then there is going to be a bid war right? If the boss you are fighting is not the last one and it happens to have a lvl 45 member in your team who does not need those items because he already done his part, he will of course move on to the next stage of the instance. If the "bid war" takes too long there is the possibility for the lvl 45 member to finish the entire instance by himself and when you and the rest of the party pass from the next stage door boom! Guess what? The instance is finished. Nice job wasting, depends on which boss the bid war happened, from 7 mins to 15 mins of your time. No last boss loot (he is the one who is usually drops the weapon upgrade you need the most), no dungeon rewards (the case you receive when you done the dungeon) and no XP from the dungeon completion!

Maybe just maybe you have to forbid the start of the boss battle until the Auction, which is still on, finish?

I rather just have a simple need / greed / pass system you need if you want the item.

You greed if you want it for a other reason then to use it ( wont work for stuff like crafting mats as everyone will roll need on those regardless which is fine ).

and simply pass if you don't want it have the game do something like a 1-100 roll highest number wins and while the game is rolling you can progress the dungeon.

It will stop players bid sniping and most importantly it will also speed up the looting progress.

Cause lets be honest here sitting around and waiting for a 15-20+ seconds bid war sucks big time.

oh and its completely RNG that way it doesn't mean that the guy with the most spendable gold wins by default.

Archived