Please add a 2 second lock-out per bid

LeeSsang

As of right now, people can bid at the same time and somebody ends up being screwed over.  

For instance, somebody can bid 1g on something and if somebody happens to bid at the same time (even if they are being careful and not spamming Y for bids) that person either has to leave the dungeon and miss out on the rest of the loot, or pay up 1g.  

Please add a 2 second lockout per bid so that bids do not overlap and people do not get screwed over because the loot system right now sucks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Please don't make topics about your retarded girly issues, this game has bigger problems. If person is careful and doesnt spam Y then the person should notice high price, and if they dont = pay for being dumb.

If you didn't notice, I already mentioned that. Even if a person is careful, 2 people could bid at the same time and bid more than they wanted.  

There is absolutely no indicator WHEN somebody will bid. There needs to be a lockout.  

Stop being a prick.

This feels like a thread from...launch week or something. It's one of many things that, while annoying and dickish, are not against any rules. Be careful when you bid, and know that sniping people is a legitimate, though dirty, bidding strategy.

Well yea i kinda agree, even if u are being careful then u can get screwed. Example, u bid 1g on an item the same EXACT moment i bid 20s on it then i can get screwed cause i didnt want it for 1g. The whole auction system needs to be trashed tbh idk y its not jus good old rng distribution among pt members.  

21 minutes ago, FourOhm said:

This feels like a thread from...launch week or something. It's one of many things that, while annoying and dickish, are not against any rules. Be careful when you bid, and know that sniping people is a legitimate, though dirty, bidding strategy.

it's a very broken system and ensures people will get screwed over. If they just added a lock timer per bid like I am suggesting, it will solve this problem.

13 minutes ago, xFragileDreamsx said:

I didn't know this was a problem and was going to say it wasn't. Then I thought about my run a last week where when we were all bidding on the flame costume and this guy immediately dropped one gold in. When we didn't bid again, he dropped the party. That is pretty dirty.

That is one of the problems. You can drop a gold on whatever people are bidding on, if they didn't bid after that, leave the party and it resets the bid to 0.  

This just allows people to try and scam players out of their money because they have absolutely no respect.  

But people are not understanding that this isn't the only problem. Even when bidding slowly and legitly, 2 bids can happen at the same time that sets the bid OVER the market price when you usually want to try and keep it just under. It could happen completely by accident AND on purpose is what i'm saying. Just put the lock timer on the bids to make this system more reliable.

seriously? NOONE try to screw over normal bids. They only do when people brainlessly spam Y.

There is no person who will put 1g over 50bronze just TO GET ITEM.

Seems that OP got screwed by spamming Y tho, congratz.

Indicating that timer will take FOREVER to bid on regular items, think twice before u will waste ur money next time and dont try to fix something thats dont need fixing in any means.

As far as i know, you can just type in the amount you want to bid, and if there is a bid which is higher than yours, you wont be able do press the "Bid" button.

Thats one way to solve the problem i guess... even if u both press at exactly the same time

The community isn't awful, trust me there are a lot of worse out there in the MMORPG gaming community. You just simply made a stupid post, and you're attracting trolls. Watch the bids, I run 20+ dungeons a day and have yet to get sniped on a bid... I don't see what your issue is other than just spamming the Y button and then crying about it when you get gold sniped.

2 minutes ago, Praipus said:

The community isn't awful, trust me there are a lot of worse out there in the MMORPG gaming community. You just simply made a stupid post, and you're attracting trolls. Watch the bids, I run 20+ dungeons a day and have yet to get sniped on a bid... I don't see what your issue is other than just spamming the Y button and then crying about it when you get gold sniped.

You are just further proving my point, by acting like a douche. I have not gotten sniped, and this forum is assuming that I have.  

I have seen others get sniped.  

I have seen others attempt it and leave the dungeon when it fails.  

The fact is, it happens. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it's not a problem.

I'm not acting like a douche, but the way you worded your post made it SOUND like you had been bid sniped. There are so many larger issues at hand that are wrong with this game, bid sniping needs to be put on the back burner until the larger issues at hand are dealt with.

14 minutes ago, Praipus said:

I'm not acting like a douche, but the way you worded your post made it SOUND like you had been bid sniped. There are so many larger issues at hand that are wrong with this game, bid sniping needs to be put on the back burner until the larger issues at hand are dealt with.

So nobody is allowed to make any forum post until the issues YOU find are more important should be prioritized?  

Also, you just assumed something and immediately jumped on the bandwagon to flame me, that is pure douche. You are just proving that this community is bad.  

This post is not stupid. It is a suggestion to help players being screwed over. If you think posts made to help players are stupid, then you are double the douche.  

It is easy to implement and will solve this UNTIL they can find a better solution.  

You don't even suggest a solution, just throw it away like it isn't a problem, which it clearly is.  

Are you only here to be a douche? Where is your valuable forum input?

Oh, I see now, anyone who disagrees with your forum post in a douche. Gotcha. I'll just leave it at that then, since I feel adding more to this will only turn it into a flame war. Maybe you should look more at the larger issues at hand, Like bots, gold spammers, RNG boxes actually killing the game, or even premium benefits that actually make premium worth buying, instead of worrying about a silly little feature like this, but hey, you just keep white knighting a pointless issue, I'm done here.

25 minutes ago, Praipus said:

Oh, I see now, anyone who disagrees with your forum post in a douche. Gotcha. I'll just leave it at that then, since I feel adding more to this will only turn it into a flame war. Maybe you should look more at the larger issues at hand, Like bots, gold spammers, RNG boxes actually killing the game, or even premium benefits that actually make premium worth buying, instead of worrying about a silly little feature like this, but hey, you just keep white knighting a pointless issue, I'm done here.

Assuming and jumping on the flame bandwagon is not just "disagreeing" with me.  

You want to avoid a flame war but you are a hypocrite, flaming the OP because everybody else is. I suggested a simple solution to cover a problem.  

All of the things you suggested have nothing to do with the players. Bid sniping is players taking advantage of other players. It isn't even only bid sniping, if you had actually read my post. It is the inconvenience of two players bidding at the same time, even by accident.  

If you think "the benefits of premium if I spend cash on this game because I am entitled" (which you don't even have to buy in the first place)  is worth pointing over an actual feature of the game that affects EVERYONE, then something is wrong with you.  

27 minutes ago, Praipus said:

" I've fake bid before, it's an easy and fast way to make some extra money "  -Praipus

I see why you are defending it now, douche.  

YOU are what makes the community bad.  

YOU are the one who takes advantage of other players and want to continue to do so, so you come to MY post to defend this terrible bidding system.  

You are disgusting.

It's not a stupid post, I've seen people intentionally put a gold bid last second for moonwater tears so that they can get more money  from the final bid. You are literally an imature child and an unintellectual human being if you can't have a normal conversation without calling people names and trying to shove what you think is good for them and everyone else down their throat. Get over yourself, you don't look cool for calling people stupid online and you sure don't look smart when you don't even know how to have constructive, a positive argument with other people. Just think twice before posting trash on the forums, not everyone wants to experience your teenage angst.

Community can be good and bad of course but a lot of helpful and nice players don't come to the forums. Just gotta be more careful, there's always worse scams waiting to happen if ure not careful, i learned the hard way, lol

nothing wrong with the system really, i mean i know a few people who deliberately up the price to a gold or above while people are spamming 1 copper bids.

I HATE copper bids, like are you really so poor you can only do one copper.

People waste time bidding pennies while others run ahead so it should be a learning experience, get it over with quickly or risk getting screwed by people who have more money lol.

20 minutes ago, DarkExile said:

nothing wrong with the system really, i mean i know a few people who deliberately up the price to a gold or above while people are spamming 1 copper bids.

I HATE copper bids, like are you really so poor you can only do one copper.

People waste time bidding pennies while others run ahead so it should be a learning experience, get it over with quickly or risk getting screwed by people who have more money lol.

People up the price to a gold then LEAVE the dungeon when they didn't catch anybody bidding after them, trying to take advantage of the other players. They aren't "running ahead" because they need the item. They do it to trick other players. The fact that this idea is even possible, indicates something is wrong.  

This can be fixed with a simple 2 second timer after a bid. (And will make people not spam their 1 copper bid and actually manually bid if they need it)  

The system itself is still bad. Random people can bid on a class-specific item that they don't need to make more money from the guy who actually needs it. This also needs to change.

10 hours ago, Travesty said:

Please don't make topics about your retarded girly issues, this game has bigger problems. If person is careful and doesnt spam Y then the person should notice high price, and if they dont = pay for being dumb.

So, for you it sounds just fair, if you and a random guy are bidding the shit outta the, e.g. Blackram Narrows Dress, 1 silver there, 1.20 silver there, 2 from you, 2.50 from that guy, 5 gold from me, zap, 5.xx gold from mister Travesty (that name means "transsexual" in turkish, lol) and you are fine with that?

Hell, get back into the field, get scammed once, and return back here with your whining, your "retarded girly" whining.

23 minutes ago, Pacheon said:

So, for you it sounds just fair, if you and a random guy are bidding the shit outta the, e.g. Blackram Narrows Dress, 1 silver there, 1.20 silver there, 2 from you, 2.50 from that guy, 5 gold from me, zap, 5.xx gold from mister Travesty (that name means "transsexual" in turkish, lol) and you are fine with that?

Hell, get back into the field, get scammed once, and return back here with your whining, your "retarded girly" whining.

Did you look at the post just a few above yours? They are defending this because they do it themselves.  

They say it's a stupid problem because they WANT to be able to scam other people.  

They don't want the system to change, even though it is clearly broken.

Archived