[KFM] Force Master free casts from behind unable to counter

XER0SIGHT

Keep in mind that this is after the fact I've used Ice Guard and within the 30-sec CD time frame.

Not sure if this is intended, but when I get frozen, I'm unable to move my camera to face the FM to counter their spells thus I becoming a punching bag for however longer I'm frozen for.

Can anyone advise what to do in a situation like this one?

6 hours ago, XER0SIGHT said:

Keep in mind that this is after the fact I've used Ice Guard and within the 30-sec CD time frame.

Not sure if this is intended, but when I get frozen, I'm unable to move my camera to face the FM to counter their spells thus I becoming a punching bag for however longer I'm frozen for.

Your feet are frozen to the ground, how do you suppose your character can turn and face the enemy? Working as intended, save your SS for that :|

8 hours ago, XER0SIGHT said:

No one said that KFM is not weak.

Deal with it.

Yeah, I remember my first 2 or 3 games vs force masters and I was hard cc'ed for 90% of the fight with just the freeze. Fact is, when you're frozen in place you cannot move your camera anymore so you're basically hard cc'ed every time you get rooted.

After reading through our skill trees a bit there are a few ways to consistently get out of those roots as kfm. Remember though some skills are only available at a certain level and you might not have them unlocked yet. Without those skills it's pretty damn impossible to put up a fight at all. Check the lock to the left of a skill in the Martial Tome (skillbook) to see on what lvl you unlock them if they aren't unlocked yet.

• Backstep on SS on a 8 second cd. It breaks the root and you can always use Tiger's Pounce on LMB afterwards to do a 6-16m dash with a 2 second knockdown on them which puts you right into their face.
  • Avenging Fist Tier 3 Stage 2 on RMB  on a 18 second cd can be used after a successful Counter to do a 16 meter dash that breaks the root and puts you right into their face.

So if you're lucky and can get one counter proc to use Avenging fist you can use that, otherwise you're stuck with the 8 second Backstep cd as our main tool to deal with those roots.

1 minute ago, Nachtdrache said:

If you mean while frozen, all snares and roots disable charge effects. You have to SS to break snare/root and then you are able to use movement spells again.

but it state that 

- purge immobility

- resist dmg and status effects

what i misunderstand?

Well one thing to note which u may or may not know is if u see 3 blue things spinning around them on hit u will get instantly frozen, trick is to either get in a few hits before dat happens if u can or stun and start comboes ull need to get in dere face. Trust me im an FM and i get DESTROYED in pvp mainly cause i suck but basically if u get a few comboes off theyll be dead in no time. also block is ur best friend but dont spam it in case of being punished

Archived