Hiding Processes is Wrong

VeridisQuo

stop burying post in player to player support.

This issue is not an issue of support.  This issue is a NCSoft issue they should just own up to, and the General Pubic should have the right to see for themselves if a 3rd party program is suppressing processes from being seen or not.  Check your process monitor of choice and see just how difficult it is to locate "client.exe" or "gamemon.exe"

1 minute ago, Sheige said:

Just use Anvira AntiVir. It blocks the function from the GameGuard, which hides the process. 

Going to have to just to get working Discord overlay back it seems.  Not sure if stuff like overwolf will have any issues, but I know that oldschool ts3 overlay api20 will struggle to hook a process it cannot find as well.

Oh hello there, hiding in plain sight!

8zXzfAF.png

The same exe shows up normally in Windows 10 task manager as well.

They are probably moving the thread to Player 2 Player support because it is an issue on your end. The exe is not hidden in standard task manager views.

19 minutes ago, Lightyears said:

8zXzfAF.png

They are probably moving the thread to Player 2 Player support because it is an issue on your end. The exe is not hidden in standard task manager views.

Lightyears please stop trying to use/show logic.  They have already decided it is a conspiracy and no amount of proof is going to convince them.  Best to just let them have their tin foil hats.

btw:  it shows up in normal task manager for me also.

Just now, GnatB said:

Which is presumably why the client is (now?) easily found in taskmanager.

I could always see the client...I had to terminate it a few times after crash / hanging. But I'm not on Win10 so idk if that makes a difference.

6 minutes ago, tetsuo123 said:

Gameguard was removed in the last update from the exe it's not running anymore.

i thought it was a technical issue... i asked in the faction channel and people told that have gameguard working as always, i guess i got trolled

4 minutes ago, Killian said:

I could always see the client...I had to terminate it a few times after crash / hanging. But I'm not on Win10 so idk if that makes a difference.

Same here I am on win7. Ever since headstart I could see the client instantly in my task manager.

19 minutes ago, Lightyears said:

8zXzfAF.png

sigh,  though yes as of now client.exe has returned, game guard is simply gone now, not hidden . not running for me which is no problem, i have my client.exe back and overlay can hook to it once more.  I do appreciate u replying to the post however this was an issue happening in real time and people in game had confirmed missing client.exe. 

15 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

Gameguard is a rootkit that tries to hide processes. Lots of asian MMORPG use it.

This is so very true as many people have informed me exactly what the problem is.  My outrage was that gameguard would suppress an exe and therefore legitimate players miss out man useful tools such as ingame voip overlays.

6 hours ago, VeridisQuo said:

sigh,  though yes as of now client.exe has returned, game guard is simply gone now, not hidden . not running for me which is no problem, i have my client.exe back and overlay can hook to it once more.  I do appreciate u replying to the post however this was an issue happening in real time and people in game had confirmed missing client.exe. 

This is so very true as many people have informed me exactly what the problem is.  My outrage was that gameguard would suppress an exe and therefore legitimate players miss out man useful tools such as ingame voip overlays.

It has always showed up for me. It's never been hidden behind game guard. KR, CN, bet, launch, now, client.exe was always there when I opened task manager with the game open.

It was not the game, or game guard. It's your task manager view.

Archived