Attention NCSoft: Relook Premium

GhostX

Now to Anyone who Complains about premium. I find it funny your lack of attention to detail in this game. you are reading the premiums standard benefits and complaining you are not getting your moneys worth at all but how many of you noticed there are 10 ranks to premium? each rank awards you with additional premium benefits and as you progress the benefits value/s increases and some are as much as 180% of the base value. take a look at my Premium ranking. I am Rank #5 and I have 23 Premium benefits unlocked. you can simply check this by pressing P and navigating over to your Premium Benefits tab.

knbsfzA.jpg

7fTEzrB.jpg

ZjKHJUA.jpg

jut71Cf.jpg

Next I will talk about bank space since that is the next heated debate. The design you see is from Korea, yes i Said KOREA! that means the play style you see in this game is Not Local from NCsoft for they are not the makers of the game. it is from Team Bloodlust who originally created the game. in Korea in a Korean Play style. NCsoft is just the publisher but with Dev rights to the game so they can modify it. I actually don't mind the current system as I am a veteran player who played a Year and a half on China. so nothing is new to me here. you all will have plenty of Daily Dashes and Events to come to earn you dragon pouches to unlock more bank space but for the less patient people there is always cash shop.  Before you all break this beautiful Korean MMO like everyone else who wants to westernize the game soo much because they are too lazy to put a little effort and time into it. I suggest you quit your complaining and sit back and enjoy the things to come! BnS is an epic game and whether you play F2P or Premium you will have plenty of benefits come your way with the current system. I vote against any and all changes hence forth because most of you are all new and have no clue what you are talking about!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you are saying is beside the point. You are saying that the game is playable per se, people are saying that premium benefits aren't premium, especially for the price. Also, did you read the thread at all? Because one of the main gripes is the ridiculous tiering system which further gives you nothing, but requires an ongoing financial effort by the player.

What you talk about in your post (dashes, inventory space, banks etc) has nothing to do with premium (except for the fact that premium members will run through the dash faster, which is maybe even worse than f2p, as they won't have said dash for weeks).

I think you missed the point by a big margin. Also, if you browse the forums, people are complaining exactly about the game being westernized, so I don't get your point there too.

It's very rude and patronizing to point people to the premium tiers, like they are almost retarded and didn't know about that. Especially when it's one of the main concerns.

Notions you touched upon about the game quality per se also have nothing to do with the system, but with the gameplay. And you seem to miss the point there too. Precisely BECAUSE BnS is an epic game, people don't want it ruined by bad policies, bad localizations and publisher-caused shrinked playerbase.

I can't wrap my head around your post and your logic.

There are definitely ways to improve the premium experience, but I think the wardrobe shouldn't be a part of the premium package. My solution would be to include premium exclusive outfits which come out monthly for a discounted price for premium members and can only be purchased by premium members. While making the wardrobe an account wide thing sounds nice, I don't really know how that would cut into the profits of the game. If the game doesn't make good profit there is no game, and I know that mmos are expensive to maintain. However, the best way to getting new players to pay money is to make the F2P side of it good enough that they want to continue playing. Outfit collection is a major part of this game. No sense depriving the F2P players from it.

Well, I don't think anyone would be against making a wardrobe a basic thing. The problem is that premium is practically "rent a wardrobe for a month". Premium would have to receive a MAJOR overhaul even as it is now, let alone if wardrobe was removed from it.

Idd love to throw some cash at this game, but the game itself does not want my money.

Premium is basically useless and does not give me anything.

10% quest bonus gold, whoa that maybe 1 whole gold coin after 40 dailies

10% less commission fee, in Tera a sub removes the fee, just a thought

1 WHOLE SECOND OF CHI RECOVERY LESS, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

at rank 1 there is 0 reduction in Windstride cooldown

more daily dash spin, like if you need it lol

special icon on your screen, and special effect when you run, i mean come on

Is that really worth the 10$ or w/e it is ??????????? IS IT ?

Inb4 '' but the the rank 10 gives X '', yeah after a year of subbing and like 100$ later i wont have a cooldown on windstrider, wooohooo.

Give us real benefits for gods sakes, there are tons of other f2p mmos out there, learn from them.

I wont even start with the other stuff like the 7 days wait time to delete a character.

I will add my voice to the crowd. After leveling up a character to 45 I am enjoying the game and was ready to pay for premium for a while. After seeing the 'benefits' I am no longer interested. I am ok with some micro-transactions but this seems a little overkill, particularly compared to games like GW2 (also NCSoft) which I am coming from. I actually spent a fair bit on that game.

TW has a daily premium point stipend, which can be used to buy cash shop items. You get this every time you log in. It doesn't count towards premium rank.

That alone would solve all of our problems ; ).

If they were to do something about the inventory/vault, it would be giving complete access to them while premium is active, not free dragon pouches. This would keep people paying for premium. Same goes for character slots. This is what DDO does. You don't want to give permanent access to a feature. You only want to give access to a feature while that person is subscribed. People would also have the option of buying the inventory space if they want a permanent solution and don't want to subscribe. DDO does that too : D.

Costumes are similarly priced to Nexon and Aeria games. In those games, costumes go up to $32 and are also character bound. I know this is NC Soft, but comparatively speaking, we're typically paying 50% of the price of what people pay on Nexon and Aeria.

Dragon pouches are about, or more than, double the price of Nexon and Aeria games. However, Nexon and Aeria games never give away permanent inventory space for free, so there is that.

My personal opinion is that premium should unlock the game with no pay walls and keep the game unlocked only while premium is active. Once premium isn't active, pay walls come back.

If tiering is desired, it should be done in a tasteful manner, like what DBG did with EverQuest 1. They give you a fun veteran ability for every year you've been subscribed. These veteran abilities aren't really that useful (except for the first one you get).

I'm personally ok with the character bound outfits and their current prices, but I'm used to them since I've played a lot of Nexon games.

My premium sub, is expiring in a few days. Bought it to support the game I've been waiting on for years and wardrobe access.  Only thing I've bought in CS is char slots and still back and forth on inventory expansion. 

Would have liked to buy costumes, but spending $12 - $22 on a virtual costume that's locked to a single character is just an idiotic monetary decision for me.  I'm not rich or wealthy, I just like MMORPGs.  I would probably buy cosmetics for my characters if they only cost the equivalent of something else I could treat myself to like a cheese steak sub, some pizza. or a load of tacos ($5-$8), but as it stands one or two whole pizza's I could eat with my friends sounds like a better deal than a $15 costume for just one of my chars.  If I didn't have to stop and think about how much it is I would be spending, I may have already bought a few.

The monetization for this game seems to be set up to prey on the uninhibited and the wealthy.  For its effects at low ranks premium is expensive considering it only lets me access things that would normally be available by default in another game.  As you may already be able to tell I'm not spending the crap ton of money required to rank up to more beneficial levels(If anything ranking up should have been sub time based).

I will let my premium run out in a few days and see how well I fare without it.

Not sure why you even bother with these threads.

I mean, you are absolutely right, OP. The Premium just does not worth it, at all and its probably one of the worst premiums I have seen in a while...

But, lets remember that we are talking about NCsoft. Their shaddy-ass policies and blantant disregard of their customers is well known ,second in the list of worst publishers just topped by Nexon.

Honestly? Until they fix their premium along with other things, I am not spending a single cent on this game. I suggest you to do the same thing.

Premium probably wont be looked at until the founders premium 90 days expire. IF there aren't that many people renewing/buying premium after this, they will definitely take a look at it. I have the founders 90 days premium and I will not be renewing once it expires since imo its not worth it.

Archived