Attention NCSoft: Relook Premium

GhostX

1. Account wide Costumes. especially the ones you buy.

2. More normal means to open up more inventory space.

3. More character slots. Soon 9 classes and only 2 slots ???

4. Stop putting mail behind a paywall.  Mail is a basic system.

5.Shared storage between characters. Account bound instead of character bound ( only on equip it will turn character bound)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Faoladh said:

1. Account wide Costumes. especially the ones you buy.

2. More normal means to open up more inventory space.

3. More character slots. Soon 9 classes and only 2 slots ???

4. Stop putting mail behind a paywall.  Mail is a basic system.

5.Shared storage between characters. Account bound instead of character bound ( only on equip it will turn character bound)

ull get 1 free slot per releasing class like in all other regions, if not.. 10€ for new slot isnt that much

2 minutes ago, Areez said:

ull get 1 free slot per releasing class like in all other regions, if not.. 10€ for new slot isnt that much

So max 4 slots if all 9 classes are out ? and then you try it out. and face a 9 day deletion timer forcing you to buy a slot almost ? True its not expensive. But so many basic stuff that you get everywhere else is behind a paywall here. able to cost you about a 120 bucks to get you the same as the basics of other MMO's

12 hours ago, OldMansChild said:

[snip]

My suggestions: 

• Premium subscription
    • Make an actual SUBSCRIPTION method to buying premium, none of this over-buying of NCoin crap.
    • Prices to a recurring subscription: $15/mo; $12/mo for 3months at a time ($36/3mo); $10.50/mo for yearly ($126/12mo).
  • Additional perks for premium members
    • Additional bank space is a must. Pouches as a reward somehow would be fine.
    • Cross-character bank on the same server would be a nice gesture.
    • Windstride cooldown reduction.
    • PvP statistics
    • That 20% discount on breakthrough costs you give to Rank 4+ would be nice, but, after another month not many will want this anyway.
  • Things that should be account-bound not character-bound
    • Purple breakthrough weapons.
    • XP boosting noodles from story.
    • Many people feel costumes should be, I don't though.
  • Things that were nice for the first month, but aren't incentive to continue to have premium
    • 10% XP boost from combat
    • 10% XP from quests/dailies
    • Additional Daily Dash Spins
    • Log-in Queue Priority
    • Premium membership icon (who bought premium for this?)

[snip]

I'd like so much to buy a recurring sub with money...

Honest Premium Membership for me:

• inventory fully unlocked until subbed
  • bank slots unlocked by Premium Membership Tier
  • account wide costumes until subbed
  • account wide achievements until subbed
  • ability to buy Brilliant specific keys from Dragon Express through appropriate type valor stones ( like in CBT)
  • small amount of NC given monthly (400ish?)

When premium membership decades all these things disappear:

• overflow inventory items get sent by mail to characters (inventory slots previously unlocked with purchased dragon stones on singular characters are retained of course)
  • costumes can be stored in wardrobe, but it needs a store item to take one out
  • achievements goes back being unlocked per character
  • bank slots unlocked through PM ranks stay

I don't really give a... care to bonus for combat xp as i hope i'll never have to grind 1 trillion mobs. I'd prefer windwalking to last longer until the character is running on a roadway, as going fast is more fun than a plain number.

Also others Premium Membership Tiers bonuses are scaling bad, they stay nearly constant through ranks 3-8, then get a little bump at rank 9, to stay basically there even at rank 10.

I mean guys if you want people to subscribe (or to buy something from you) you've got to make the expense worthy, so don't get surprised if the sales of those overpriced costumes are not meeting the expectations, would you buy something you cannot store, that you have to buy for every different character you could make and that you could even lose if you want to delete your character?

Well what I've seen during CBT and now live ;

Many ppl have premium and throwing good amount of money. 

As for the subject below would be great ;

* Account wide wardrobe ( Yea costumes really expensive :P )

* Inventory Space ( Hell yea !! )

* Daily dash only 1 extra ( Mehh not cool at least make it 2 )

I'm good with these three things if possible 

6 minutes ago, EssileathCloud said:

Well what I've seen during CBT and now live ;

Many ppl have premium and throwing good amount of money. 

As for the subject below would be great ;

* Account wide wardrobe ( Yea costumes really expensive :P )

* Inventory Space ( Hell yea !! )

* Daily dash only 1 extra ( Mehh not cool at least make it 2 )

I'm good with these three things if possible 

The daylie dash spin...

"i rly hate it" it was fun for 6-8 days, and then ive to wait   20days to get a new one-.-

10 hours ago, niie said:

Considering the final inventory slot upgrade costs 50 pouches, that alone is over 2 years of Daily Dash on a SINGLE character.

Oh, yes, you are right.

Monthly dash rewards changes every month, I'd look what comes in next months but yes, two years are quite a lot of time, just to have a clean unlocked inventory for ONE character.

I just hope it may happen a full unlocks pouches amount, maybe as final reward of a dash.

I see most of the complains are towards the inventory, and the above may fix it. About the other things as expensive clothing, I had play other games that were much more terrible on it or on worse cases, only packed into RNG boxes, but yes, I never bought clothes there. And will never buy RNG boxes, ever, I don't like gambling. I feel the actual pricing is in the upper limit of what I think can be reasonable. If for some reason comes any clothing priced higher that it is now, I doubt I get it. And now, I just will carefully choose things to buy. With lower prices, I guess my collector side goes over the (almost) careful spender one and it may happen I will get something just to try it on a couple minutes and then keep it in wardrobe.

Edit: about premium paying the bills for the freeloaders, yes we are paying quite a lot for them. On queues times, every 1 premium there were 300 freeloaders. The burden is insanely high. For this reason I decided to NEVER sell NCoin items to anyone. To me, most of the freeloaders are only a source of griefing. I feel bad for the ones that are good people but they are one in a million.

Guys , ur solutions are quit nice, but  what about ppl that already bought this all?

Do they ahve to get a compensation for it?    because i have all inventory slots/ skill tabs on all my chars,  if the pouches would be  half the price   i would be scammed hard  dont u think xD?

Auction limit it seems a little terrible idea.

I know it must be a difererent profits at premium or free to play accounts, but the limits from auction market is a  little terrible idea, i mean a premium account who can reach rank 10 have 40 slots to sell item, free account still at 10 and cant reach more slots so lets seem, Premium Account sold 40 items green low level for example at 10 coppers that makes 4 silvers + bonus of  quest , mobs drop etc ( gold bonus from quests and mobs im ok with that) free account sold 10 items at same price = 1 silver, so is a barrier for those who play for free to hight when the game is an mmo when trade is an essence at all mmos to make money. and the other reason i write this post is... the loot, yep , loot cuze if you can´t have more slots to sell at market place, you cant make more money and the system of loot is based at a direct bid for items, soo Premium accounts have nearly 80% of buy items on dungeons and then can sold at market the most valueable items they ve got , and the barrier still grows :(.

A change it will be great is the same ammount of items to sell on market place, or only 10 more for those who are premium, and the amount of items can an account sell at market place it be when you reach X level, i mean level 15=10 items at marketplace, level 25 =20 or15 etc etc etc

Sorry for my bad english is really hard to me learn this language :(

Really good post. I am not sure on the exact timeline but ArenaNet is a company under NCsoft, and I have never played many B2P or F2P games before GW2. Though I heard many people complain about how bad Guild Wars 2 is with their premium content, I am surprised at how bad it is for other games, this is nearly as bad as Vindictus when it comes to quality of life improvements. I think GW2 did it right with account bound banks, wardrobe, currency and charging players for changing appearance. I understand the mechanics is a bit different in that aspect but I don't see how the two games are so different in terms of quality of life things. I paid for the Master Pack, but I will probably spend the Ncoins but I don't see myself spending any more money on this game at the rate it's going.

5 minutes ago, Iisley said:

I heard many people complain about how bad Guild Wars 2 is with their premium content,

What ? gw2 has Premium content?

all Story chapter are free if u are logged in on release and 1 or 2 month after release, then it is  buy2play..

everything is free except the addon

so  not any premium content there xD

8 minutes ago, Iisley said:

Really good post. I am not sure on the exact timeline but ArenaNet is a company under NCsoft, and I have never played many B2P or F2P games before GW2. Though I heard many people complain about how bad Guild Wars 2 is with their premium content, I am surprised at how bad it is for other games, this is nearly as bad as Vindictus when it comes to quality of life improvements. I think GW2 did it right with account bound banks, wardrobe, currency and charging players for changing appearance. I understand the mechanics is a bit different in that aspect but I don't see how the two games are so different in terms of quality of life things. I paid for the Master Pack, but I will probably spend the Ncoins but I don't see myself spending any more money on this game at the rate it's going.

Even the achievements here are character-bound. I'm not sure if this is intended so it keeps players online to farm those if you want them on all of your characters (especially the ones reward a title). 

The account-wise covers a lots of the game aspects in GW2, this is one of the reason that motivates me to work on some of the achievements because once you have it, you have it all on your other characters.

This is a really good post I might add, not sure if NC would really revamp the premium though because some of the modifications might request approval of  NC HQ in KR.

1 minute ago, Areez said:

What ? gw2 has Premium content?

all Story chapter are free if u are logged in on release and 1 or 2 month after release, then it is  buy2play..

everything is free except the addon

so  not any premium content there xD

I'm not personally complaining about it, was just stating what I have seen others say. GW2 is basically just fashion wars. I love the game, just swapping for a change of pace and try new things.

After reading the first post, i didn't think it was that expensive.. *cricket*.

I really hope they will implement some changes to make Premium actually worth buying.

I really don't understand how it feels from a P2P person's perspective since I am 100% F2P, but they really should tweak their current benefits and add some more to make Premium actually feel Premium.

just f2p, it's more fun and challenge that way 

and lmao, p2p doesn't help much in pvp ...

- 50% extra exp ? what will you do when you hit 45 or 50 ? i grinded to 45 in just one and half week as a f2p

- lower the teleport cost , kill one or two mobs , you will have enough money to travelling around Moonwater (except you dont know how to kill one)

- more costume slot ? don't wear it ? throw it away (girls should do it too)

- more inventory slot ? you gonna store an elephant in yours ? i still not use all of my vault slots, inventory slots with all of those costumes and many extra stuff . girls , throw away all of junks ...

- more character slot ? nah, it's more profit if you pay for it

- more daily spin ? daily spin has nothing to do with p2p or f2p , daily spins is the thing makes you log in daily, buy 7 days prem and log off for whole 3 weeks ? how about no

My biggest turn off so far is the lack of account wide bank. Ofc every other thing mentioned about how premium is not worth it is TRUE, but for the love of god, I bought founders pack and cant even get the briliant keys over to my alt ? like... WTF ? And support refuses to transfer my items, so the only option is to delete items I PAID for ? excuse me, but thats just plain ripping me off (not even mentioning the stupid price for inventory space cuz it was covered by everyone else), its a fricking KEY not some super rare item that would break my alt, yet I cannot mail it so I'm supposed to buy another key and delete this one huh ? #Business.

Plz ncsoft unlock mail on the keys for characters within account or add the fricking account bank tab because its just stupid.

Only main issue I have is costumes from the cash shop being char bound. Like really? I am already willing to pay for a monthly subscription and pay for the costume, I am willing to buy character slot expansion since I enjoy "collecting" all classes. But making the costumes char bound is seriously.. disgusting. Furthermore it's not even stated in the shop till you test it out and realise it.

Bag slots/bank not being account wide, these are how the game was designed anyway. Korean mmos are known for micro-transactions which I don't mind as long as it isn't heading to the p2w path.

1 hour ago, Liverne said:

I disagree with people asking for the inventory to be fully "released" but instead, I propose an alternative: a Premium Member-only inventory access(like a second page or something that is already fully unlocked); this encourages more people to sign up for premium membership which in turn generates a stable income every week/month/year instead of releasing trolol RNG boxes.

They make waaay more money with our current pouches prices than with stable income unfortunately, i think they don't give a *cricket* about the whole stable income.

You need to spent arround 700€ to unlock every single space with the 7 characters you can create right now, the last row in your inventory cost already arround 20€, the trololol is huge.

Tbh i think it's way better to pay each month 15€ of pouches and store costumes there than to pay premium and have the wardrobe, at the end of the day you can use that space for everything while paying 15€ for wardrobe every month isn't worth it.

9 minutes ago, ConfusedNerd said:

My biggest turn off so far is the lack of account wide bank. Ofc every other thing mentioned about how premium is not worth it is TRUE, but for the love of god, I bought founders pack and cant even get the briliant keys over to my alt ? like... WTF ? And support refuses to transfer my items, so the only option is to delete items I PAID for ? excuse me, but thats just plain ripping me off (not even mentioning the stupid price for inventory space cuz it was covered by everyone else), its a fricking KEY not some super rare item that would break my alt, yet I cannot mail it so I'm supposed to buy another key and delete this one huh ? #Business.

Plz ncsoft unlock mail on the keys for characters within account or add the fricking account bank tab because its just stupid.

And to you, same here. I still have a Viridian key and a Cinderlands key that are useless right now. That + 9 EXP soups that i found out that aren't tradeable between my own characters for some reason i can't understand.

Everyday a new facepalm arises.

Edit: sorry about doubleposting, I tried to edit my previous message but i couldn't and now i can even delete this one.

At this point in time Sub only gets you:

A sparkly run (which I personally find annoying)

An extra spin on the wheel (which honestly encourages you to play less cause you burn through the wheel way to fast)

Money for killing mobs which is meh.

Better place in the Queues.

Honestly the Queue is the only reason saw to get a sub and that will become very useless in a few weeks and I personally will have no more reason to sub. Cosmetics are seriously outrageous in price. Even if they were account bound I till wouldn't buy them. Not at those prices.

I agree basically 100% with the OP here. They really need to look at the sub model or just get rid of it.

Archived