Top classes in Korea?

gewd

Its hard to say whats the top classes since different matchups can be different difficulty, and then another layer of dilution based on player skill and another dilution on points and build strategies etc etc. BUT here are the frequency of classes in the Korean top 100 ladder. Im sorry if its not exact, but these are based on my memory. 
Blade dancer i believe is the most frequent, then the rest are fairly even out with blade masters, assassins, kungfu masters, then slightly less are destroyers, then less than that are force master and summoners who only had a few people. 
But also keep in mind that the champion Jaesung or whatever his name is, he won with Force Master. Just to prove that you can really just play anything if you understand your matchups well enough, and react properly and play properly and capitalize on enemy mistakes.

FMs and BMs are bad currently because NA's patch isnt up to a balanced point yet. And even up to the balanced point they are still not the crowd favourites, however they at least wont be notably "bad" as ppl are calling them right now. 
So CURRENTLY, stronger classes are probably anything except FM and BM. Later on in the patches i would imagine they would make all the classes have less of a gap between one another.

Here's all the info I could find.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/117812-2015-korea-s1-results/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/42ltnn/here_is_the_top_100_korean_rankings/czbn9gn

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/147873-what-are-the-best-pvp-classes-right-now-and-in-50-cap/page__view__findpost__p__901035

You can see that 3 FM and 1 kfm won a tournament while there are barely any in the top 100 rankings. And someone claims Jaesung said destroyers and assassins were good.

2015 season 1 torney

i quote from other sites:

16 players single elimination

class distribution:

3 FM

4 KFM

2 BM

1 WARLOCK

0 SUMMONERS

4 DESTROYERS

0 LBM

2 ASSASSIN

if i rememberr correctly final 4 position were

warlock 1th

fm 2nd

assassin ?

destro/bm ?

Season 1 Jae won (an FM)

then they nerfed SS CD by a lot before season 2, then FM became very low on the totem pole and Jae lost to pretty much everyone in season 2. the results came out to be:

1.)Warlock
2.)BD
3.)Sin
4.)KFM
5.)I think another KFM, or another Warlock.

right now it's pretty much warlock, bd, sin at the top as far as class balance in korea goes.

Pointless post is pointless.

Unless you simply want to know just to know. If you want this information to "pick the best class" or something then you should stop rite now. Korea has level 50 content + a bunch of hongmoon levels. We do not. By the time we get to where Korea is in patches our game will look much different than theirs currently is.

15 hours ago, Pixystix said:

Season 1 Jae won (an FM)

then they nerfed SS CD by a lot before season 2, then FM became very low on the totem pole and Jae lost to pretty much everyone in season 2. the world championship came out to be:

1.)Warlock
2.)BD
3.)Sin
4.)KFM
5.)I think another KFM, or another Warlock.

right now it's pretty much warlock, bd, sin at the top as far as class balance in korea goes.

Did you even watch the 2015 World's Championship?

Seems pretty well balanced to me. There are samples of all classes in the top 20 other than destroyer, but destroyers are high up in the top 100/500 rankings so it's less that they're bad and more that none of the "superstar" players are using them right now. 

Despite forcemaster being the least represented in top 100 and top 500, there are 2 FMs in the top 20... so let's not get too carried away trying to claim they're underpowered. 

Like others have said - it hardly matters how strong classes are when compared to player skill. You can play a "bad" (at 45 cap with no HM levels) FM/BM to 2100+ rating with the requisite skill. 

Top 500 Descending Percentage of total

Kung Fu Master 19.4%

Assassin 16.6%

Destroyer 14.6%

Warlock 12.6%

Blade Master 11%

Blade Dancer 10.8%

Summoner 9.6%

Forcemaster 5.4%

Some classes are just more harder to master and without option to screw abit(unless the other screw too)- there is no O nyerk button to save the day.And the said classes are more fun and rewarding in PVP.

I play FM - they can nerf it to the ground all I care - I`ll still have my fun.Will it be cool? Well not really,but will it demotivate me? Quite the oposit.WE have in EU FM's on Plat/Diamond rank.I just make it to 1850 ELO with 70% win rate.Tommorow I`ll take the fancy icon.Not much time unfortunately for people like me working 5-6 shifts x12 from which often night shifts.

On 2/5/2016 at 4:30 PM, Roxefeller said:

GG @ me x.x lol FM isn't so low on the totem pole anymore though as they were represented among the final group in the latest World Tournament.

The world championship only takes 4 classes from each country, it took 2 FM's because they believe their country's 4 best players are 2 people who play that class. Everyone in the tournament got knocked out by Korean players, even the Koreans themselves. Since Koreans are much much better than the rest of the world there is no point at looking at the world championships to determine what classes are in the top meta, you look to the Korean seasonal tournaments. In the last of these tournaments the winner was a warlock, second place was a BD, third place was an assassin, fourth was a KFM, fifth and sixth were warlocks or KFMs, I can't remember. 

I tend to believe the top 20 in general is just because the players that are sitting there are really gifted players that whichever class they'd end up playing, they'd have the same result. I was watching a korean stream yesterday and he says that the current tier as it is is.

1) Destroyer
2) Assassin
3) LBD
4 ) Blademaster
5) everything else.

6 minutes ago, Pbblade said:

I tend to believe the top 20 in general is just because the players that are sitting there are really gifted players that whichever class they'd end up playing, they'd have the same result. I was watching a korean stream yesterday and he says that the current tier as it is is.

1) Destroyer
2) Assassin
3) LBD
4 ) Blademaster
5) everything else.

u have to take in consideration that those gifted players played the game hardcore in the last 4 years....

Archived