Welcome Fellow Destroyers - Post your questions and concerns here

Enamour

Why do you pick Slam over Smash? Do deep wounds even matter outside pvp? You don't really get anything out of the faster throwing time either.

I also want to smack any class that throws up bosses...meanwhile I'm just standing here doing nothing for 3-4 seconds. :(

5 hours ago, Vudis said:

Why do you pick Slam over Smash? Do deep wounds even matter outside pvp? You don't really get anything out of the faster throwing time either.

I also want to smack any class that throws up bosses...meanwhile I'm just standing here doing nothing for 3-4 seconds. :(

Mouse over wrath to answer your question. Not only does it allow wrath to be used outside of grab or fury but it regens 120 focus over the course of 4 seconds and turns using z throw into a dps gain over air comboing (it actually used to be a gain to yourself though it was always a loss to the party). Smash while it is good has a very long cooldown compared to grabbing and slamming, and 4 seconds of wrath will usually out damage smash even with fury up unless the target is grabbed. 

24 minutes ago, Kurushime said:

When it comes to Gems which are needed for this class?

The standard lifesteal amethyst, attack diamond, and extra damage ruby are staples for all classes. Destroyers benefit from the + crit rate and extended immunity peridot due to the long iframe on searing as well as the life leech on stunned/knocked down citrine though I would prioritize the peridot. 

3 hours ago, lnvisibleOne said:

Mouse over wrath to answer your question. Not only does it allow wrath to be used outside of grab or fury but it regens 120 focus over the course of 4 seconds and turns using z throw into a dps gain over air comboing (it actually used to be a gain to yourself though it was always a loss to the party). Smash while it is good has a very long cooldown compared to grabbing and slamming, and 4 seconds of wrath will usually out damage smash even with fury up unless the target is grabbed. 

Ofc I know that Slamming enables Wrath, I never do anything else than grab for 6 seconds then slam in pve.

I just find 3 skillpoints for just focus regen rather lackluster. I'm at 40% crit so getting focus from Wrath crits enough. If not into Smash wouldnt the points be better spent into Gust, Emberstomp, Typhoon or something else?

Mind you I'm just speaking from an amateurs perspective but I really don't need the focus regen from slam so I just want input on where to better put the skillpoints.^^

Correct me if I'm wrong but we should have about 25 or so must-have skillpoints so I don't really know where to put the rest of them (for group pve).

7 minutes ago, Vudis said:

Ofc I know that Slamming enables Wrath, I never do anything else than grab for 6 seconds then slam in pve.

I just find 3 skillpoints for just focus regen rather lackluster. I'm at 40% crit so getting focus from Wrath crits enough. If not into Smash wouldnt the points be better spent into Gust, Emberstomp, Typhoon or something else?

Mind you I'm just speaking from an amateurs perspective but I really don't need the focus regen from slam so I just want input on where to better put the skillpoints.^^

Correct me if I'm wrong but we should have about 25 or so must-have skillpoints so I don't really know where to put the rest of them (for group pve).

If not smash then either the damage or defensive path of emberstomp would be a good place to put them. The internal wound does help especially with some upcoming bosses in BSH however but by then we'll have hongmen levels so you can spare them. It's just a preference but the utility of having slam skilled trumps smash for me in this current cap. Later on our weapons will boost smash damage by 20% so it becomes alot more useful.

31 minutes ago, Vudis said:

Thanks I'll consider doing that then (although I'm not too fond of Emberstomp either...)

Emberstomp with the hongmen skill for the defensive branch is absolutely amazing. Other alternatives could be a point down the middle of typhoon for another i-frame or 3 points down the right side of the searing strike follow up for a heavy hitting gap closer that can restore focus. 

I actually like the emberstomp Tier 3 Path 3 right now, adding about 200-300 damage to your every attack later on

You start with emberstomp before you go into fury, and it adds quite a lot of damage to your flurry of LMB & RMB's :)

But it's all about preference honestly.

Would Destroyer be the Go-To class for those fresh to Blade and Soul, but not MMOs in general? I plan on doing mostly PvE content, and outside of defeating people of the opposite faction, I don't see myself doing much "Arena" style stuff.

Also is this class also a good pick for someone who wishes to farm bosses/dungeons/mobs ect. for money, or would that be someone else?

Thanks!!!

12 hours ago, Masqava said:

I actually like the emberstomp Tier 3 Path 3 right now, adding about 200-300 damage to your every attack later on

You start with emberstomp before you go into fury, and it adds quite a lot of damage to your flurry of LMB & RMB's :)

But it's all about preference honestly.

Yeah tier 3 path 3 for damage is nice, it used to be better because the increased damage from the initial hit was on suppressed targets as well so you would use it while grabbing then let em have it after. 

5 hours ago, Phelix said:

Would Destroyer be the Go-To class for those fresh to Blade and Soul, but not MMOs in general? I plan on doing mostly PvE content, and outside of defeating people of the opposite faction, I don't see myself doing much "Arena" style stuff.

Also is this class also a good pick for someone who wishes to farm bosses/dungeons/mobs ect. for money, or would that be someone else?

Thanks!!!

I don't know about the go to class but it isn't hard to be decent on. It is hard to excel at just like any other class however. As for farming bosses especially open world faction bosses I would very strongly recommend a ranged character. They have such an advantage against the open world bosses that are profitable to farm that it's almost unfair to all others. 

3 hours ago, Yeon said:

I would like to know if I'm a bad Destroyer if I don't use the ani-cancel thing? ._. I guess I need to practice, but atm I'm pretty bad at it. ;p

If you can manage to stay on top of CCing and grabbing as much as possible then you would still be decent, however you'll be missing quite a bit of damage output if you don't animation cancel. There are alternatives but when it comes to destroyer damage output cancelling is king. 

So one thing I noticed while watching a video is that the Destroyer uses only LMB (wrath) when Fury is up or after Z instead of LMB/RMB. Why is this?

Video I'm looking at (and yes I know it's 50 patch and such. Just thinking about the future):

Archived