We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft raises them.

Cetra

42 minutes ago, Hypatios said:

An example Vindictus has for a face adjustment, hair style, tattoo/scar and underarmor alteration = $21-27 USD for permanency, that is 4 items and yet NCSoft is trying to milk the cow until kicks them in the face $20 for ONE item? 

And you neglect to mention that a single outfit in Vindictus is $30-35. Plus you'll have to buy an inner that will match with it to not look like an idiot. And you'll have to spend cash if you ever want your weapon/armor enhanced and enchanted all the way.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Solareus said:

Blessed , Gloria Victus , Crowfall , Camelot unchained ... just off the top of my head.

Huh? Yeah those will definitely be long livers. For about... a year at most? And that is if all of them even get localized.

Games these days are just a way for big companies to make some profit (see Archeage, Blade & Soul, Black Desert, etc.).

This is pointless. In a few months everyone will leave this game for good to play some other crap, rinse and repeat. Why can't they just let people play for once? We would pay regularly if the prices were reasonable. More profit for them, more fun for us.

10 hours ago, Inuro said:

Huh? Yeah those will definitely be long livers. For about... a year at most? And that is if all of them even get localized.

Games these days are just a way for big companies to make some profit (see Archeage, Blade & Soul, Black Desert, etc.).

This is pointless. In a few months everyone will leave this game for good to play some other crap, rinse and repeat. Why can't they just let people play for once? We would pay regularly if the prices were reasonable. More profit for them, more fun for us.

Gloria Victus  is already playable for like 10 dollars.

Crowfall is from the Shadowbane creators

Camelot Unchained is Mark Jacobs from Dark Age of Camelot.

Shroud of the Avatar from Lord British

Paragon from Epic games

The only none NA / Eu game is Bless.

What Korean market as become, is shallow, quick buck crap. Hence the shilling here in BnS. The Korean market is just that Korean Market and very few games coming out of that market come close to the scope and depth that NA/EU players truly want.

BnS has it's moments , in the arena, outide of that it is super shallow and becomes boring for non pvpers.

From playing Aion for years, they aren't going to lower anything until the game is nearly dead. People on Aion asked for lower costumes for years, since there you can only skin them once and that's it. They're around the same price as here.

One way to get businesses to listen to you, is for everyone to stop buying things. 

Well there are no rng for outfits so i am willing to spend the money. There's been far worst cash shop prices on games. For example on tera i spent over 50$ trying to get an outfit from the box i gave up once i spent over like 30$ and noticed how bs the rng was. Look at lol and some of there skins 50$, look at wow they charge you for everything and still charge you for pets if you wanted to buy some. Look at maplestory and all there timed bs, and rng shitfest stuff.

As you can see the way bns is doing it currently is tame. However if they add in a rng mechanic at 10$ imma not spend any money on them. I don't mind paying a little extra for the outfit if imma get the outfit. I hate that rng bullshit, and it's a horrible tactic that is being used by a lot of devs. The biggest offender being cs:go.

When ya put all of that in perspective you will see that bns isn't doing horrible. And a lot of the outfits have a lot of detail to them unlike some games. lol charges you like 10$ for a recolor of a champ, or taking the helmet off of a champion.

The one thing everyone should have an issue with is the food, now that's bs. 10% hp or 10% def from what i saw, i am sure theres more. But i am pretty sure that could make a difference in some cases in pvp. :/

Besides the food buffs and stats from them. The other thing i hate is how they priced the charging thing. They purposely made it so you had to go one up for what you wanted. So instead of charging 6$ i have to go to 10$+. Also i think a year of premium should be 100$ like there's no reason it should be 120$ for a year's worth or more. Adjust the price points at which we can spend money, this is a horrible tactic and should be dropped faster than archage.

I am one of those that don't have any problems with "vanity" prices. I mean, if an outfit - regardless if I'm dying to possess it or not - is priced at like $1000, I'll be like "vanity's gonna vanit" and that'll be it:)

On the other hand, I find a lot of other, more "mechanical" stuff to be quite on the expensive side. Adding to that the notion that there are not only microtransactions, but NANOtransactions as well, which, at least in my personal opinion, kinda makes the whole thing EXTREMELY prone to juggle-milking and over-complexity.

And, to deflect responses in the line of me being a scrooge - I often shell out several hundred bucks for these types of games if I find them enjoyable and sustainable enough.

But the whole system is really taxing on the brain, small transactions are not so small (they are using the "trick" that there has to be a "minimum reasonable price" and then they offer you something a la one potion and such). there are billions levels of premium (why?), there's this whole mess of benefits, tiers, items in the cash shop, hongmoon coins, nc coins etc, that, to put it bluntly, discourages me from engaging with the whole thing because I need to do acrobatics with my brain in order to figure out the scheme. Which doesn't mean I didn't spend any money, I bought a founder's pack (the smallest package) and also one month of premium.

Which brings me to another point: you can't buy premium membership lol. Okay, okay, it's not off by much when you juggle ncoin packages, but still, why do that in the first place? Why there isn't a purchase that reads "one month of premium membership" which costs xy money and you buy it directly with your card or whatever?

Or, if we absolutely HAVE to buy premium through ncoin proxy, why can't we buy 3451 coins if we want? I mean, a bit nitpicky example, but you get what I'm saying.

Why isn't premium membership "clear" - as in, you get something a la p2p experience if you go for the premium - because it costs as much as subscription for a p2p game. Why aren't there thematic bundles that offer discounts based on size of the bundle.

For example, let's say that I enjoy having a big inventory - why not having an offer called "full inventory", no bags, slots etc, a simple option to unlock every row when you buy it and it costs less than what you would pay if you did it through bunch of bags?

Also, as far as I've seen none of the ncoin packages are discounted at all. Buying 4000 coins is the same as buying 400, ratio-wise, it's just there so you don't have to click ten times on "400" if you want more. Usually when it comes to larger quantities there are some discounts based on the quantity, so if 400 coins are $5, 4000 would be like $40 or something like that.

Some things I find to be expensive in relation to other things. I can't remember the exact examples when I browsed the store, but you know those kinds of things, keys and such. Order of magnitude of those prices is, at least for me, way off.

I also think two character slots are too little to have. I have one "main" character and I've made like 10 chars and got them to lvl5 and erased them because I get that feeling that I mustn't make a "mistake" because that's my last slot:) Sure, I can buy a slot, I probably will. But, that's one of things that I find expensive, for what you get. For me (I don't know why, it's just something my brain calculates as "normal"), five-ish slots is okay, you can have proper alts, you can experiment and yet you don't have the ability to spam characters with like 50 of them (even though in some games you do have that ability and it;s perfectly fine). Two is like, I have one which is mandatory to play the game and everything I want to TRY, I have to do with that other slot. Should I try class x? Ok, but that's it, unless you want to shell out $10 (was it 10?) for a slot. Along with the ridiculous deletion wait time after your character levels past something like 15 (which is hilariously low). The whole notion seems like a mess.

I would rather have a more "unlocking" based principle than that, like, if you have premium, you get two additional slots, if you don't pay premium for some particular time, during that time, those characters become locked out - similar to wardrobe. I understand that this might be VERY unpopular, but for me at least, I like to have a sens of "fuller control" if I subscribe to the game - I always looked at subscription as an "event horizon", almost like p2p subscription.

With this model, if you want to play a "full game" (whatever that meant, everybody has their own version of what should be mandatory, how many inventory spaces is "standard", how many character slots etc - but I think we would be able to agree on some kind of loose consensus among all of us), your subscription would be more like $30 (a wild guess).

These and many more tiny tiny things kinda irritate me when it comes to this model. It's too much cut into small pieces, it's like having the ability to pay for atoms lol:) But the problem is, atoms would cost something like 0.00000001$, which would be nonsensical, so we will put minimum price at 0.5$. Which is similar to DLC content that some comapnies employ with their b2p games (instead of having a big expansion which would cost $40-$50, you end up with 10 DLC's which are as big as that expansion, but cost $15 each. You do the math). 

Now, I am not bothered by this, the game is perfectly playable even with a full f2p approach (I haven't seen much wow factor with premium, the best thing for me is maybe wardrobe of all things lol). But all this added up, it simply leaves me with the feeling that something's missing and that they are being very stingy with every single aspect of the game (and I mean EVERY single one), but not too stingy, but still, since it's in every aspect, it feels a bit... claustrophobic?

edit - oh, for example, the thing that gives you additional point distribution tab. That is a perfectly normal feature in these games, one for pvp, one for pve, but here you need to pay for it. And a hefty price - at least in my opinion for something like that. It's so basic that they might as well charge to have graphics options in settings:) And I'm not even sure it's accout-wise (it's expensive if it's account wise, but if it's character-locked, that would be utterly ridiculous).

I agree that, with what I've read of the current pricing, outfits should be account bound and able to be claimed on every character on your account.

That would make the prices much more palatable.

If they refuse to make them account, perhaps a reduction of 1/2 to 1/3 would be a better price point?

When game was in beta ncsoft that prices were not set in stone. Then i called it after first CBT that these are prices what we get unless they're more expensive. Now im regretting spending 115euros for masterpack thought i can just buy premium time with coins but single coin i wont spent on costumes. Also no money from my wallet is coming through store till costume prices are reduced to 5-10 euros.

13 hours ago, YuriScarlet said:

lol...im sorry but vindictus is much more expensive. best statted costume is around 30 dollars (yes its pay to win) and ITS ONLY FOR ONE CHARACTER.  not you kyoTANAKA but the person you commented. NCsoft not really milking that much if you put the costume into your equation. and lol under armor is not even that important. noone can see it unless you talk significant damage and your armor is broken.

edit: meant it to be for @Hypatios

No biggie. I'm just surprised to see Vindictus was still around. Gameplay was good, but prices were god awful.

Archived