We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft raises them.

Cetra

GG, nice to know you guys are listening to our requests and statements that the current uniform prices are slightly overpriced.  Instead of lowering them, you add two new costumes at 1400 NCoin, higher then the 1200 we're already complaining about?  You guys are starting to go the way of Archeage, where the devs/publisher didn't listen and tried to milk everyone for every penny and the game died within 6 months.  Selling a costume for 15$ is already stretching it and now you're trying to inch your way to 20$ a pop?  How about you direct your attention to fixing the real problems with the game instead of treating your customers like cows on a farm?  The bots and spammers are clearly winning the battle with you so far, arena has a ton of skill, camera and other bugs & all you're concerned with is how much you can tax me to dress up a cat pet.

This is why the goldmine f2p model bubble companies have been enjoying will pop sooner or later, you're never content with making some good money you always have to have every last quarter in people's pockets until nobody can breathe anymore.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Im attracted to an MMO, I am very willing to spend money on it.  Hell, I even love gachas.

But over 10 dollars is stupidly high.  Youre more likely to get me to spend 30dollars, buying 3 outfits for my friends, than just 1 15-20 dollar onefor myself.

4 minutes ago, Cherish said:

We the people have the power. 

Speak through your wallet and don't purchase until they reduce the prices.

So many lovely outfits in this game it's easy for me to say *No* to that over priced one. 

Problem is, too many people don't mind being milked like cows. They gladly shove their money at ncsoft and argue that "nothing in this life is free" (or something like that).

So, good luck convincing the majority to stop paying.

Just now, Inuro said:

Problem is, too many people don't mind being milked like cows. They gladly shove their money at ncsoft and argue that "nothing in this life is free" (or something like that).

So, good luck convincing the majority to stop paying.

The only thing I saw people saying those kind of comment is when F2P players ask for free stuff. MAIL, WARDROBE, and maintenance compensation. 

Well what you expect, quick cash grab.  Heck the gold sellers well some of them actually offer better deals than NCsoft...  Even ingame items at low levels are absurdly expensive, the drop rate on many things from chests is ridiculous.  NCsoft is probably the most pushiest company in the F2P market.  Wep skins being 1 time use...no account bound items, no account stash... one of the most restricted F2P games out,  Hopefully Black Desert Online wont be like this can't wait to play it at 4k res.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:
2 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

The only thing I saw people saying those kind of comment is when F2P players ask for free stuff. MAIL, WARDROBE, and maintenance compensation. 

Hey, mail to alts isn't functioning.

Besides from that, yeah, sure. But the people who say that are still gladly shoving their money at the screen. Which is stupid. Some stuff DOES need to get fixed, there is no need to ignore it.

That's unfortunate if that's their mindset, why sell less items for more money then more items for less when there's no "stock" to worry about?  It's a win-win situation to sell more for less because it also makes the customer base a 'happy' customer base.  All to often it seems executives that are 'good' at making money have lost the connection with people and miss out on making much more then they're making, to me it's bad business to be average when you could be great.  If you look at companies like Apple, why are people so rabid about sticking with their products?  Is it because they're "better" ?  Not at all, in fact almost all Apple products are mediocre at best in comparison to PCs from other OEM and not to mention what you can build yourself.  But people are extremely loyal to the Apple brand because of their customer service etc.  They make people "happy" and content with their product, why is it so difficult for other businesses to see that and prosper?

Unpopular opinion:

I'm actually fine with the prices myself, even though I'm only interested in a small amount of cash outfits in the first place.

As long as no cash item gives any true advantage (Such as permanent stats), I'll gladly accept outfit prices.

Maybe this is because I've been around MMOs with far worse shops. Talking $50+. Once saw a game with $100+ items. Scary stuff.

...Or it could be because I only have one character I actually buy outfits for. Who knows.

k. mail to alt aint functioning. you can argue for it since they said its POSSIBLE. Some stuff do need to get fixed, but not things such as mail or wardrobe. I'm not here to argue about it but some clothes are pricey, and people who works will gladly pay for it since one costume will suffice them. for collectors...thats a different story.

2 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

k. mail to alt aint functioning. you can argue for it since they said its POSSIBLE. Some stuff do need to get fixed, but not things such as mail or wardrobe. I'm not here to argue about it but some clothes are pricey, and people who works will gladly pay for it since one costume will suffice them. for collectors...thats a different story.

You need to spend money to use Mail system ingame.

I don't mind the price. its a bit higher, but its not any different from other MMO. BDO is probably going to be twice as much. beautiful games like Vindictus are like 20 dollars or more. with good stats its nearly 30 dollars i believe. it aint so bad, I can afford it. I work with the free time I have when I am not studying for my classes.

Edit: you can also add tera on the list since im a founder on that game and bought some costumes in there.

12 minutes ago, Cor said:

outfits alreay were priced from 800 to 1400 in beta, nothing got raised here.

I played Alpha and Beta and I never saw a costume at 1400, 1200 NCoin was the max.  Further, Alpha/Beta is not the only period of time in which the company should be listening to it's customer base.  By your logic, nobody's opinion since launch matters.  This is a ridiculous mindset as there are thousands more people involved in the game now opposed to the 1% of people who participated during that phase.  People have been complaining about the prices from the start, in fact one of the longest running threads if not the longest, was on this very topic.  Please think about what you post in the thread, think things through a bit more instead of wasting space.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

I don't mind the price. its a bit higher, but its not any different from other MMO. BDO is probably going to be twice as much. beautiful games like Vindictus are like 20 dollars or more. with good stats its nearly 30 dollars i believe. it aint so bad, I can afford it. I work with the free time I have when I am not studying for my classes.

Edit: you can also add tera on the list since im a founder on that game and bought some costumes in there.

I'm thinking Guild Wars 2 and such. And BDO is pure speculation, plus the game will be abandoned in a puff.

To me the prices seem too high still. Maybe it's the fact that there is just too much stuff that needs to be payed for.

I'm pretty sure the prices haven't changed since the closed betas.

6 minutes ago, Cetra said:

I played Alpha and Beta and I never saw a costume at 1400, 1200 NCoin was the max.  Further, Alpha/Beta is not the only period of time in which the company should be listening to it's customer base.  By your logic, nobody's opinion since launch matters.  This is a ridiculous mindset as there are thousands more people involved in the game now opposed to the 1% of people who participated during that phase.  People have been complaining about the prices from the start, in fact one of the longest running threads if not the longest, was on this very topic.  Please think about what you post in the thread, think things through a bit more instead of wasting space.

Then you didn't look hard enough.  Watch this video from CBT2.  Costumes start at 3:00.  The prices are actually a little lower I think in live than they were in CBT.

7 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

Well I completely understand your opinion and it is fine for some people.  But why is it that people who can afford to throw 20 and 30 dollars into the wind are the only people who get to enjoy such things?  To be fair, I bought a Master Pack and have spent over 200$ in NCoin since launch myself.  I make a lot of money and I can afford these things too but that's beside the point.  Just because I can afford it doesn't make it reasonable or fair to others.  I have money because I don't 'waste' it often, regardless of how much my salary is that doesn't mean I'm going to allow a game company take advantage of me.  People's salaries don't magically make items worth more money, you know?  BDO I don't care about, I won't be playing it as I'm quite certain that game is doomed.  B&S is the last MMO for me for years to come, I'm a bit tired of the genre.

Just now, Inuro said:

I'm thinking Guild Wars 2 and such. And BDO is pure speculation, plus the game will be abandoned in a puff.

To me the prices seem too high still. Maybe it's the fact that there is just too much stuff that needs to be payed for.

Its very pricey in other region. I believe in SEA version for example. https://m.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/33wyou/lets_talk_cash_shop_is_it_really_that_pricey/

k lets abandon that Guild wars 2 is not f2p. Its b2p, which turned F2P with lots of restriction in which everyone would argue about if the f2p whiners go there.

I'd agree that all costumes from any mmo is a bit too expensive for a pixelated game. LoL for example, i spent so much money on reskin or other skins are higher than this game if you compare for the same quality. People are spending like cupcakes. In some cases, I can't argue much since its not too extreme enough of a value for the quality of costume they provide.

4 minutes ago, Inuro said:

But it's supposed to be free when mailing to alts, as stated on the website.

We are getting off topic.

Might be off topic but its NOT FREE, sooner or later it will be taken off the website.  To use 1 of the most basic functions in the game you need to spend real money.  I wouldn't mind buying costumes and such but the amount of restrictions placed on BnS is ridiculous.  Also this 1 time use of Wep skins is just absurd... either way only thing I would really spend money on is more character slots and inventory expansion after that they ain't gonna get any more of my money since I plan to splurge on Black Desert and new gpus when pascal comes and the i7-6950x.

Not really my loss but more along NCsofts loss.

Archived