Confused about the Dreadtide Arena

Gamerchick

I saw and picked up a bunch of these Dreadtide tags.  I also have to get to an NPC for a quest that is gated.  So I went ahead and used the tags I picked up to get the entry and the final ticket plus a mercenary for good measure, (wasn't sure what I was going into).  Then it looked like I needed to fight 3 bosses inside.  So I picked one and died several times.  I wanted to just go finish the quest that is behind  a gate but it seems I have to fight these bosses first?  The boss never went away even when I went out and came back in. 

Can someone explain what this is?  Do I need to do this with a group?

In fact you can't do it with a group. Dreadtide Arena is a solo dungeon in which you fight a series of bosses.

In the first chamber you choose 2 of the available 6 bosses to fight. None of them are particularly complicated. In the second chamber you can hire one mercenary for every mercenary contract you buy. There's one of each class. You then fight two bosses with them helping you (those are your daily markers there) and then a final boss where your mercs will promptly abandon you.

The instance is doable under 45, I did it at 43 or something like that as a forcemaster while leveling. The first 2 champs you fight do a ton of damage for your level, so avoid getting hit if you can, stun, daze, kite, do whatever to avoid getting hit. The next part is a little easier since you get to buy 2 NPCs to help you with the merc tokens for 2 tags each.

They will help until the very last boss.

Last boss hits hard and moves almost like another player, be careful. Avoid the ice traps, avoid the combos, stun stun stun, he's pretty eassy. Remember to pick up the 2 dragon hearts for extra lives in case you die.

Easy peasy.

it is a solo dungeon are 2 items that progress the dungeon requiring 15 tags, and then mercs for the one fight near then end 2 of those, so need 19 tags total? bosses are pretty brutal BUT i finished this when i first got here on my force master BUT was brutal, and a near thing. My duo buddy couldn't beat the final boss, and i actually didnt realize was a final one and skipped him xD so yea its skipable!

4 minutes ago, Katush said:

What do you get at the end of it?

Well at the end of it you get satisfaction, finish your daily or if your lucky by killing Naksun (last boss) get the Infinite challenge costume + achievement. It took me 53 tries to get it, so worth :)

i ran it 4x at 41,42,43 and 44 still no costumes took me a long way in understanding boss mechanics and how to drive my toon through these. 

Basically it is a daily quest, and a training instance to go in solo with no stress of elitist raging at you for eating dirt and making mistakes. The perk is a pretty cool kimono that can drop from final boss as a rare item 

27 minutes ago, Scourgz said:

Well at the end of it you get satisfaction, finish your daily or if your lucky by killing Naksun (last boss) get the Infinite challenge costume + achievement. It took me 53 tries to get it, so worth :)

Yea just realized....got the costume on 2nd try, nips on gon are slightly exposed...dont like the costume for my char tho.

Archived