Community Attention

xNameless

I would like to gather the community attention to this manner . 

How come , While we are playing on the European Servers , There is such a big difference between the Open World ping and the Arena one ? 

In order to show you  , I've gathered 2 screen shots . One of the Open World , and one of the Arena . 

This is the ping I'm getting while in the open world 

246n95v.png

and this is the ping while inside the Arena

2qv8b3c.png

Now , some of you might say this is a problem with my ISP , or any other thing . 

Do know , I've made many checks with them , and everything is working as intended. 

I never had any issues when it comes to Ping with EU servers , even with NA ones.

I don't know what is the issue over here , but many others are experiencing the same problem like i do , and people already speaking about Arena being connected somehow to the NA servers. 

This is way off to be acceptable . 

There's no way i'm supposed to get this high ping , while in the open world it never goes above 80. 

I've contacted the Support already and all they're doing is asking me to do tests that I've already done . 

We need to sort this thing out ASAP ! 

Hopefully any NC staff member can answer and clear this out for me/us . 

Thank you ! 

Just now, Houlon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Arena lobby is in NA, the login and chat servers are...Spa with a friend and see what it is once your in arena

I don't need to spar with a friend in order to check it , if that's what you meant.

I've been playing in the arena with this ping since the game came out . 

I definitely have this issue... 60 ping or something around there in the open world, 130 outside. Having massive problems PvPing, NCSoft fix. @Hime @Youmukon @Rukkirii 

Been asking around and it seems this applies to all my friends. I will take a wild bet that some servers are located in the US or that the servers are under too much load.

So I decided to try to figure what is happening here, in the end I couldn't understand it as the servers are the same pretty much. It is just the ping that goes through the roof once you are in the arena lobby / game.

What I tried
========================================================================
I know my ping to the datacentre that they use for BnS is ~25-30 since NCSoft has confirmed that the location is the same as the other NCSoft games hosted in EU. My 4 ping results there was 26, 26, 27 and 26 (IP: 206.127.148.171).

Pinging 206.127.148.171 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 206.127.148.171: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=116
Reply from 206.127.148.171: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=116
Reply from 206.127.148.171: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=114
Reply from 206.127.148.171: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=114

This is what my client connects to when being in the open world (wild springs, Frankfurt), I am myself located in Berlin so the distance is not that great and it is within the same country as I am currently in.
j9WsVBo.png

We know they use the data centre in texas for some shit regarding the databases, 64.25.35.100 is the texas one:
My tracert always ends when I reach the last jump which is NCSoft.
 10   137 ms   136 ms   142 ms  dls-b21-link.telia.net [213.155.137.111]
 11   144 ms   170 ms   139 ms  ncsoft-ic-307708-dls-b21.c.telia.net.10.115.62.i
n-addr.arpa [62.115.10.106]

For the next one it's 206.127.149.30 which ends in europe as far as I can see:
  9    29 ms    29 ms    27 ms  ffm-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.141.241]
 10  ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net [62.115.43.74]  reports: Destination n
et unreachable.

Then 206.127.149.11 also ends in europe as far as I can see:
  9    27 ms    28 ms    28 ms  ffm-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.141.241]
 10  ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net [62.115.43.74]  reports: Destination n
et unreachable.

And last 206.127.154.15 also ends in europe as far as I can see:
 11    50 ms    28 ms    33 ms  xe-11-3-1.fra23.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.187.141]
 12  89.149.164.42  reports: Destination net unreachable.

So what does this mean? Well as far as I can see that means we have 1 server in US and 3 in EU, the one in US handles some database shit apparently (judging from what the community managers have said before). Now onto the Arena servers:

vDf5Qmx.png

So as you can see a lot of the addresses are now the same but the ping is a LOOOOOOOOT higher. Why? I have no clue, running a tracert to them again all give me low identical return values for all the servers except the NA one. What happens on the other side only NCSoft knows however.

========================================================================

So NCSoft why are we having massive lags inside the arenas if the servers are essentially the same? I mean I love the PVP in this game but I can't really take it as serious as I want with issues like this considering the koreans are playing with sub 25 ping. Anything over 100 ping in a competitive game (especially with reaction requirements as BnS has) is stupid. Fix this.

Anyone in NA who is able to check the numbers on your side so we can have a little comparison?

25 minutes ago, kuro1n said:

Seems they do not give a *cricket* though. No response to any of the threads.

I think they do, but thats a serious problem that probably they prefer not to talk about. I'm having like 200+ ping from eu servers(maybe I should've said NA servers :X) with lots of ping spikes and some other players suffer from it. I'm not into technical stuff much but is that possible if some of the computers ping to the texas servers rather than the eu ones?

I'm not sure, they surely has to fix it

8 minutes ago, Lilynetto said:

I think they do, but thats a serious problem that probably they prefer not to talk about. I'm having like 200+ ping from eu servers(maybe I should've said NA servers :X) with lots of ping spikes and some other players suffer from it. I'm not into technical stuff much but is that possible if some of the computers ping to the texas servers rather than the eu ones?

I'm not sure, they surely has to fix it

It's not about where it pings but where the actual server is located or if there is some delay because it needs data from somewhere (or if the server is overloaded) for example.

Just now, kuro1n said:

It's not about where it pings but where the actual server is located or if there is some delay because it needs data from somewhere (or if the server is overloaded) for example.

So that means that the data  comes from NA servers but not EU? Or, servers are overloaded but than why not much people suffer from it?

On 30.01.2016 г. at 11:17 PM, xNameless said:

I would like to gather the community attention to this manner . 

How come , While we are playing on the European Servers , There is such a big difference between the Open World ping and the Arena one ? 

In order to show you  , I've gathered 2 screen shots . One of the Open World , and one of the Arena . 

This is the ping I'm getting while in the open world 

246n95v.png

and this is the ping while inside the Arena

2qv8b3c.png

Now , some of you might say this is a problem with my ISP , or any other thing . 

Do know , I've made many checks with them , and everything is working as intended. 

I never had any issues when it comes to Ping with EU servers , even with NA ones.

I don't know what is the issue over here , but many others are experiencing the same problem like i do , and people already speaking about Arena being connected somehow to the NA servers. 

This is way off to be acceptable . 

There's no way i'm supposed to get this high ping , while in the open world it never goes above 80. 

I've contacted the Support already and all they're doing is asking me to do tests that I've already done . 

We need to sort this thing out ASAP ! 

Hopefully any NC staff member can answer and clear this out for me/us . 

Thank you ! 

Can you enter an arena match ( a 1v1 match ) and check the ping and post the screenshot again , because you know the arena lobby might be on the NA servers . Can you check and post a screenshot ?

Just now, EhUEHUHE said:

Can you enter an arena match ( a 1v1 match ) and check the ping and post the screenshot again , because you know the arena lobby might be on the NA servers . Can you check and post a screenshot ?

On 30/01/2016 at 9:25 PM, xNameless said:

There you go . 

Inside a pvp match . 

14xjhpw.png

2 minutes ago, Lilynetto said:

So that means that the data  comes from NA servers but not EU? Or, servers are overloaded but than why not much people suffer from it?

We cannot know what is going on as this is all on their side of things.

1 minute ago, kuro1n said:

Yeah. I mean if this doesn't get a solution I feel like I have no other option than to quit playing until they solve this. Arena is all I am interested in after all.

Yep pretty much this .

Funny how I thought it was something on my end lol , turns out NCSOFT strikes again :D

Welp, this explains a lot for me.

I'm also getting 200+ latency inside of dungeons/Arena PvP but in open world I'm at around 90.

Been wondering since Day 1 why I couldn't perform the simplest combos while in a dungeon but would be fine when doing Quests.

Well I will just keep writing in this topic until we get some attention, because honestly what is the worse thing they could do? Ban me? Well I cannot play the game as it is right now anyway and that just means I will do a charge back which wouldbe a pitty. w/e.

Archived