Dilemma - Lyn is not sexy

SuperSenpai

In the end, some people out there are going to think the Lyn is sexy as is.  But, at least, as it stands, you can avoid looking sexualized almost completely, with that race. Which is a welcome change from the rest of the races.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not demand that anyone conform to anything, nor did I imply that the build of the character would be different. This is the same for Jin, Yun, and Gon characters, whereas there is a breast slider. You don't have to max or minimize it, but you can. Lyn doesn't even have the option.

Also you misused the word "dainty", as cited by Merriam-Webster and a few other sources, dainty means;
a) something choice or pleasing

b) of delicate beauty; exquisite:

a dainty lace handkerchief.
c) pleasing to the taste and, often, temptingly served or delicate; delicious:
d)
Delicately beautiful or charming and usually small: dainty slippers.

dain·ty
ˈdān(t)ē/
adjective

1. 1.
    delicately small and pretty.
    "a dainty lace handkerchief"
    •  

•  

2. 2.
    fastidious or difficult to please, typically concerning food.
    "a dainty appetite"
    synonyms: fastidious, fussy, finicky, particular, discriminating; More

noun

1. 1.
    something good to eat; a delicacy.
    synonyms: delicacy, tidbit, fancy, luxury, treat; More

I can do this too, only correctly.

Dainty means small (edit.  Small AND pretty, but not sexy.).  Dat includes breasts yo.

I agree Eternalx, the perception is subjective, which is why this entire debate even exists.

Hijinxie, you said that "To not be satisfied with what a woman naturally has, and demanding she conform to your idea of sexy is oversexualizing something or someone...They aren't intended to have a breast slider because they're clearly intended to be of slighter build, in fact 'dainty' is used to describe their race as a whole."

Which implies that I said anything to do with objectifying the character or the idea of breasts on a character, which is false. Also, small breasts do not make a lightly-built character suddenly not light-built, so that entire argumentation about the usage of "dainty" is irrelevant. later, you go on to say "I've never seen a Dainty woman with Quadruple D breasts.  (Mostly because as the breasts get larger irl, the woman tends to look fatter, even if she's not more than 140 pounds she'll look like she's fatter because gravity is a thing this game doesn't consider lol)"

This is, in fact, when nobody mentioned anything close to Quad-D breasts or heavier builds. You brought that up of your own accord and made the argument about the race supposedly to be "dainty"(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dainty http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dainty http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/dainty http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dainty), and a breast slider would not change this. As previously stated by others, the character already has a hip, thigh, calf, and chest slider, but no breast slider. This means you can make your character tall and fat, which is for the sake of customization, not limiting characters to a "dainty" build, meaning that entire argument about that the race "is supposed to be dainty" is irrelevant and makes no sense. Also, nobody said anything about "dainty" meaning sexy, you also brought that up on your own too.

TLDR; I have no idea what you're trying to argue because you're only refuting points you brought up without anyone else even implying them. A breast slider would not affect anything since players would be able to still set it to zero and leave the character as it is now, yet provide the option for players who want their characters to have breasts. This way, both sides win and there's no reason for there to be just one or the other.

I'm saying they are meant to be small and flat.  They do not need a breast slider and sure that is my opinion (and seemingly the popular opinion) because as a race they are intended to be dainty (small and pretty)  now sure they could have breast sliders, but they really do not need it to be sexy.  Breasts alone do not make a person sexy, they can have hips for miles, and that is sexy to some people.  Why do you specifically need breasts?  Because you find breasts sexy.   That is why you want a slider for them.   

That's cool, you like boobs.  But as many others have mentioned Jin get Warlock on Feb 10th, and it's a solo-friendly class that mimics Summoner almost perfectly, without the cutesy thing Lyns have going (or the adorable cutesy cat) and allow you to roll on a class that DOES have a boob slider.  So why fight so hard for boobs on a race that not really necessary for them, or really all that wanted?  They're lithe, dainty creatures that aren't meant to sport anything probably beyond an A cup just based on their body options during creation.  They're built slender and lithe, and at best you could make them chubby but it seems like the physical limitations of this particular race, as the devs have intended thus far is that they do not have boobs.  Some like it flat.

Maybe you could change the dev's mind?  but I sincerely hope not.  It's the only race I can play and know I wont see waggledaggles everywhere.

3 hours ago, tracytigress said:

Prettier than this?

tmpWcV3.jpg

I think you can make Jin males very very pretty xD At least it has satisfied my needs for pretty male alts!

I thought I answered this lol 5e273e930e3a786314fd1ce8dc57ed5b.png

Its acceptable for me, But Im just more into androgynous/FTM looks.

4 minutes ago, Hijinxie said:

I'm saying they are meant to be small and flat.  They do not need a breast slider and sure that is my opinion (and seemingly the popular opinion) because as a race they are intended to be dainty (small and pretty)  now sure they could have breast sliders, but they really do not need it to be sexy.  Breasts alone do not make a person sexy, they can have hips for miles, and that is sexy to some people.  Why do you specifically need breasts?  Because you find breasts sexy.   That is why you want a slider for them.   

That's cool, you like boobs.  But as many others have mentioned Jin get Warlock on Feb 10th, and it's a solo-friendly class that mimics Summoner almost perfectly, without the cutesy thing Lyns have going (or the adorable cutesy cat) and allow you to roll on a class that DOES have a boob slider.  So why fight so hard for boobs on a race that not really necessary for them, or really all that wanted?  They're lithe, dainty creatures that aren't meant to sport anything probably beyond an A cup just based on their body options during creation.  They're built slender and lithe, and at best you could make them chubby but it seems like the physical limitations of this particular race, as the devs have intended thus far is that they do not have boobs.  Some like it flat.

Maybe you could change the dev's mind?  but I sincerely hope not.  It's the only race I can play and know I wont see waggledaggles everywhere.

Just to point out here, warlocks will not be in the Feb. 10th patch. Sorry! :( Soon(tm) but not that soon. 

Just now, Yaviey said:

Just to point out here, warlocks will not be in the Feb. 10th patch. Sorry! :( Soon(tm) but not that soon.

Oops my bad then, but 'soon TM' is still quite soon enough to not be fightin for this topic lol but thank you for the knowledge. you may wanna announce that somewhere, a lot of folks seem to think it's on the 10th ^.^

2 minutes ago, Hijinxie said:

Oops my bad then, but 'soon TM' is still quite soon enough to not be fightin for this topic lol but thank you for the knowledge. you may wanna announce that somewhere, a lot of folks seem to think it's on the 10th ^.^

Definitely agreed there's no reason to fight. They'll be in soon enough that the OP can make a sexy character. I edited my post to include the announcement from our team on this.

Hijinxie - It's purely aesthetic. And no, I do not want Lyn to have breasts because it makes them look sexy, and I didn't even say I wanted them at all.
 At best I said that breasts would make outfits, like the Rising Sun outfit, which are meant to be worn on a character with breasts, good, as right now the Rising Sun on a male or female Lyn looks odd because of the pillow-like flat chest on both with no definition or showing skeletal structure, indicating neither muscles nor build.

All I ever advocated for was the option to have them, not saying everyone wanted them, but to indeed have the option. For example, not everyone wants overweight characters or characters who have a sultry voice, but those are options to have. If anything, adding the slider option would just add to the already extensive customization options offered by the character creator menu.

I dunno what men you're lookin at, but Rising Sun actually looks fantastic on my male Lyn.

As for females, they look fine as well,   if you look at them in profile you see they do have tiny boobs.  But I will warn ya be careful what you ask for.  They might give you a boob slider like Lalafells have in FFXIV.  Welcome to placebo effect, where you can slide your boobs all the way bigger to not bigger at all.  

hw4EPfN.png

Now, I'm not claiming my character will be appealing to you, but to me? He looks perfectly healthy, and well built for that outfit.  He neither looks gangly, nor too thin, nor in need of musculature beyond what is present already.  the shading definition present on his character actually is impressive enough.  the shading above his navel implies the beginnings musculature which seems suited to someone of his stature and frame.

But I get it, this perhaps isn't your cup of tea...but I for one am pretty glad he's not ripped...that'dbe just awkward...

Archived