I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
  2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

1 minute ago, Furholden said:

But hey at least this guy is better than the entitled F2P players demanding premium exclusive bonuses for free!

Sometimes people are critiquing something and can hold valid issues about the game, the word entitled is thrown around way too much these days and improperly .

53 minutes ago, Fadedine said:

This is ridiculous. The servers are constantly crashing or being taken down for maintenance. I haven't been able to play at least half the nights I've tried so far.

Two maintenance in one week? 5.5 hours tonight to add some EU servers and a spam filter? You gotta be kidding me. Why did I pay for a founders pack and premium access to not be able to play the game. This is the last time I give NCsoft money.  

/rant over

i wont quit the game but i am with you. Two time this week and this one being the longest, i have limited playing time between work/school & life that this is kind of annoying .

Just now, Leraine said:

Sometimes people are critiquing something and can hold valid issues about the game, the word entitled is thrown around way too much these days and improperly .

Because people are not "entitled" when they actually ask for equal rights to premium bonuses without paying a cent, right?

They are doing maintenances every single day at the *cricket*ing same hour, there's people who wants to play, but they ignore us and keep doing it just because NA is their best friend. It's an ashame to play this game and at the same time don't be able to play it.

1 minute ago, 884555_1452550509 said:

Not for the Scheduled Maintenance, but perhaps for the Emergency Maintenance.

This.

NCsoft doesn't owe you anything. If anything, I'm grateful that they're so quick to implement bug fixes, my only gripe is that they really should try doing them during nighttime in the EU, not in the middle of the day.

There is no point....You agreed to the TOS and therfore it is not required they compensate for time lost.  Thats coming from someone who bought the year sub and paid for master pack.  If the time stretched to multiple days then yes they would prob do something but maintenance that is expected (specially at this time of a games cycle) you can expect jack squat.

Why does no one read the fine print anymore....smh....always with their hand out.

On 1/29/2016 at 2:49 AM, Fadedine said:

You're absolutely right we should. The situation is this; we are not at launch anymore. The game has been out in NA including early access for 2 weeks. NCSoft still hasn't figured out how to keep the servers up for more than a day. The game has been out in asian countries for years. There is literally no excuse for this.

Its not easy when you bring a game to new servers

It can have its own unique bugs and issues that others servers never saw

I played a game for 7 years that was out for 5 years in asian servers and couldnt begin to list the unique bugs we had in that mess

Just give it time

Just now, Furholden said:

Because people are not "entitled" when they actually ask for equal rights to premium bonuses without paying a cent, right?

No, it is called exaggeration,unreasonable demand and so on.Entitled is mainly used for people that got rights and can take action according to his " title" that allows him to do something that others cannot for xyz reasons.

2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

There is no point....You agreed to the TOS and therfore it is not required they compensate for time lost.  Thats coming from someone who bought the year sub and paid for master pack.  If the time stretched to multiple days then yes they would prob do something but maintenance that is expected (specially at this time of a games cycle) you can expect jack squat.

Why does no one read the fine print anymore....smh....always with their hand out.

Link me to the fine print about the ToS denying compensation to the consumer for unplanned and unscheduled maintenance. I can only find info on Denial of Comp. for Scheduled.

24 minutes ago, AfroDon said:

I rather them fix things and more downtime AT THE START OF THE GAMES LIFESPAN than let it be for more playtime. here a box of napkins........

already they are released way more than i expected almost close to matching the Korean version. They can have all the time they need

If they plan to make a worldwide e-sport out of PVP. Then it is in their interest to match the east versions quite fast.

1 minute ago, 884555_1452550509 said:

Link me to the fine print about the ToS denying compensation to the consumer for unplanned and unscheduled maintenance. I can only find info on Denial of Comp. for Scheduled.

REad the launch faq kiddo.  Unscheduled maint is expected.  Are you new to online gaming?  Honest question.

Just now, Leraine said:

No, it is called exaggeration,unreasonable demand and so on.Entitled is mainly used for people that got rights and can take action according to his " title" that allows him to do something that others cannot for xyz reasons.

Precisely what I meant because F2P players these days carry a "BnS won't survive without F2P crowd" attitude, thus my use of the wording entitlement.

10 minutes ago, Leraine said:

Ermm it doesn't go exactly like this.

Companies are using open Beta's and stress testing  in order to get an estimated amount of how many players are interested into that, plus more that didn't join the testing period.

So for example, lets say beta testing in NA had 1000 testers during its stress time,the company will then make server/servers  that can hold around 2000 people and fill up the gap if they see that the playerbase is either growing or is bigger. Then they add more servers to accommodate the players.

No company does for example create a 10000 server when their playerbase according to data wont ever come close to that, it costs them money so they are using the most cost efficient method even if that costs them some players and people complaining about it.

So its not that they can't, they simply wont as it doesn't fit their business practice.

I'm not talking about server population. I'm talking about server downtime for fixes and maintenance. Some people seem to think there shouldn't be any problems "because MMOs have been around for a long enough time to iron all of the problems out".

2 minutes ago, Leraine said:

It's how the OP delivered his "critique" that comes off as entitled.  I don't like the mass amounts of downtime this week either, but "Gee whiz it would be pretty nice of NCWest to compensate all this premium time I'm losing." comes off much better then "I demand (X) or else!!!".

It ends up coming  across like a temper tantrum. Setting the tone is important.

1 minute ago, Brimmy said:

If they plan to make a worldwide e-sport out of PVP. Then it is in their interest to match the Eastern versions quite fast.

Their next content update is in TWO WEEKS. That shit is GLORIOUS. The hell you talking about, fast?

Just now, MadBlue said:

I'm not talking about server population. I'm talking about server downtime for fixes and maintenance. Some people seem to think there shouldn't be any problems "because MMOs have been around for a long enough time to iron all of the problems out".

If only that were the case then the servers would maintain themselves....these kids need a dose of reality.  

1 minute ago, Zarec said:

If only that were the case then the servers would maintain themselves....these kids need a dose of reality.  

The issue isn't constant maint. The issue is the number of hours it's for. I love that they're addressing our problems, but I'd rather more frequent downs in shorter chunks. Maybe an hour every day until launch has been smoothed out. I don't know, doubt anybody will agree with me.

2 minutes ago, noodelwoman said:

Their next content update is in TWO WEEKS. That shit is GLORIOUS. The hell you talking about, fast?

I'm gonna be honest this is horrifying. They haven't even nailed down the content thats out now and we're gonna have a major content patch. watch the maintenance go to 3x a week for 6 hours oh lawdy 

Just now, Fadedine said:

I'm gonna be honest this is horrifying. They haven't even nailed down the content thats out now and we're gonna have a major content patch. watch the maintenance go to 3x a week for 6 hours oh lawdy 

Would you rather wait months? Or years? *Pokes WoW*

Archived