ACTUAL ACTIVE DODGE, PLEASE

Kurtzmann

soooo.... I'm GW2 player and I just hate combat there. Especially pvp system and the way their dodge thing is placed in system.

Why?

well buckle up cuz this is gonna be rough ride, lets see what dodge does in gw2:

- VISUAL CLUSTERFK // so many AoE stuff around you. So many circles, so many rectangles, so many squares, triangles.... it's fking mess. You can dodge it but you will mostly end up in another one. I'm not speaking for stupid shity pve vs mobs cuz you don't even have to dodge to kill them. GW2 is easy as cake.

- STUPID PVP MECHANICS // structured pvp there is made like failed Arathi Basin attempt. You go to point and you GOTTA STAND in certain area for some time to capture the point. What is stupid there, you ask... well, there is only 500 score needed for a team to win. Average pvp match time is 6 minutes. You don't have time to actually pvp. You are spending most of your time peeling the players of from bases and trying your best to stay on that small square.

If you want to dodge something while trying to cap a base and generate the score for your team you will end up out of that small square in which you SIMPLY MUST stay so you can generate the capture progress. With average time of 6mins per match every *cricket* second matters. If you generate just ONE score point before opposing team does it's huge thing. I have won way too many matches with scoress like 500 - 498 or 500 - 499.

What's even worse is that if you play a ranged class (like me, engineer) you are FORCED to engage in a melee combat if you want to capture the base. Why? Because there is no *cricket* time to waste. If you are trying to keep enemy on the range, enemy will just stay in that square which you need to neutralize and than capture. Staying out of the square makes opposing team generate score. Give him 10 seconds and it will generate 2-3 points which is HUGE in 500 score long match. You are forced to engage fkn melee combat as ranged class. So... again GW2 dodge is "active" dodge but it's out of system aka non-existent. You dodge, you are out of square - out of square - no points - no points - no score - no score - no win. If you play GW2 you probably heared many players yelling "fight inside a fking point  noob". Well, now you know the reason why.

- WAY TOO TINY CONDITION ICONS // pls don't tell me you can track all the boons and conditions on yourself. It's impossible to see all those tiny icons and pvp being visual clusterfk of aoe spam you are 90% of time being either buffed or debuffed wherever you step or wherever you dodge.

With all this said I don't think GW2 has well thought out dodge thing. From what I saw here in BnS some attack animations are kinda well noticable and if you just move away from the swing range its enough to avoid attack. Not to mention the amazing stuff like all there stuns and knockdowns with which you can execute amazing combos.

So many times I had URGE to grab a motherfker laying down on floor and shove my weapon in his face. Finaly a game where you can actually make some serious use of your well timed interrupt.

I haven't felt some serious need for GW2 dodge type mostly cuz BnS plays and feels MUCH more sophisticated and realistic.

End of the rant. Love ya

@KurtzmannDidn't seem like it from ur way to responding ;)

Game is fine as it is. 

I suppose u were saying "game is easy this way" cuz of pve. Do you really expect random pve to be challenging? Nahh, no game will be 2004 WoW where leveling was super hard and required some serious effort. 

My response was from pvp perspective where GW2 dodge has minor to no meaning at all.

Video you posted is montage of several succesful dodges captured in 2-3 days of making footage and trust me, each of those dodges didn't make any difference in outcome of match or fight.

Playing it for 3 years now, seriously got fed up with that combat and i'm not going back. Not now when I actually knock down my enemy and than punish him for letting me do it. Or.... he can do it to me ;) This combat is far better than GW2 with or without "GW2 type dodge".

Archived