Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

1 minute ago, Overpxy said:

An ETA for this spam problem would be nice.

Also, an increase to the Block list while waiting for the solution would be great.

I'm really surprise your not prepared for this...

Windrest is fine. Has been for about 30 minutes. So I'd say ETA is right now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Skath said:

Just posting here as the other thread on spammers is at 45 pages +

Simply telling us to block and report the bots is not good enough any more, I have been playing since early access, and then it was a simple case of blocking 2 or 3 bot accounts a day.

I have logged on today, and reached the limit of my block list within seconds, and there are still more bots spamming the faction chat. As it is this bad I have had to turn my faction chat off as it is unusable.

I have tried you previous suggestion of deleting older blocks but I am not playing this game to manage block lists. People are now unable to use faction chat, and it is getting worse. Even if you increase the block limit to 500 or 1000 this isn't a solution.

I am a long time customer of NCsoft and I have faith you will get this situation dealt with, but this is one of the worst situations I have seen, and I played lineage 2 during the DDOSing.

Thanks!

They want you to buy premium but even that is limited to 500. They need to work on this fast because is just getting out of hand.

today those bots have reached a whole new level of spamming, every 2 minutes, a wave of bot will spam non-stop and after blocking all of them a new wave with all new bots appear and i had to clear my block list, re-block again 2 times in 20 mins. THIS IS TOO MUCH !!! DO SOMETHING NCsoft !!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

It means "Massive Multiplayer Online"

It doesn't mean "Talk to Play"

I don't know what rock you were raised under, but when people do something together. They often socialize. And you see, in order to socialize through a digital media this new thing called text was created. Because humans are social beings, I know this is new to you so I'll try to explain this simply. Long time ago before the internet, back in the dark times. Humans needed a way to convey thought. One that could stand the test of time, record events, communicate and be distributed to the masses and generations. This is when writing was first used. Grant it the first known alphabet used an entirely different system then the English language. 

Today writing or "Text" based chat as you might know it as. Is a sort of forum, used for players to communicate to one another. LFG, PVP assist or request, Questions regarding builds, or just to say hello amongst other things. This helps create what is known as a "Community." Now while living under a rock I doubt you understood the concept (Both strengths and weakness) of a community. But I assume now that you have the net, and are using a forum you have an understanding why "Verbally or textually" expressing one's thoughts or complaints no matter how trivial might be appealing. 

So... I wanted to make a thread separate from the complaints about the bots spamming chat channels to report an observation and didn't know where else to put it. 

I've been doing daily quests to keep from getting too far ahead of my play group and have noticed something a bit odd - at each one of the 'cave' instance entrances, a number of 'randomly named' players, who I am quite certain are bots, appear to be zoning in and out of the instances for... well, some reason. Perhaps they realized they can write a script to farm these instanced areas for cash nonstop without alerting actual players, since the zones are instanced and thus private. 

Just a heads up for the dev team. I sit here and report as many as I can, but there seems to be an endless stream of them going in and out of every instance I've seen. 

lol yup in Poharan its the same. Blocked 20, then like 5 more spams. then i saw my blocklist i can block 8 more then after blocking all 5, a new wave comes and spam. and this is only on my faction chat. They're going to have to restrict something for F2P, It's probably going to pissed off alot of F2P. Noone can get rid of this unless you sue the company like WoW did LOL.

7 minutes ago, hase said:

today those bots have reached a whole new level of spamming, every 2 minutes, a wave of bot will spam non-stop and after blocking all of them a new wave with all new bots appear and i had to clear my block list, re-block again 2 times in 20 mins. THIS IS TOO MUCH !!! DO SOMETHING NCsoft !!!!!!!!!

You have found the secret bot level !

We should have an achievement like this in this game right now ^^

I've seen posts upon posts about this issue on both here and the sub-reddit, so I'm surprised that we haven't heard much regarding a solution. Never seen so many posts complaining about a legitimate problem go without being addressed for this long.

I'm sure they are working on a solution (how good of a solution only time will tell), but it would be nice for them to reach out to their community with some information.

9 minutes ago, Overpxy said:

An ETA for this spam problem would be nice.

Also, an increase to the Block list while waiting for the solution would be great.

I'm really surprise your not prepared for this...

I have suggested an increase in the block list,why we wait for their solution  and they deleted my post.

8 minutes ago, Bladez said:

They want you to buy premium but even that is limited to 500. They need to work on this fast because is just getting out of hand.

Wait what? I am premium (Master Pack), my list got full at 50. I will go back and see if I am going crazy ....

4 minutes ago, Tofu00 said:

I've seen posts upon posts about this issue on both here and the sub-reddit, so I'm surprised that we haven't heard much regarding a solution. Never seen so many posts complaining about a legitimate problem go without being addressed for this long.

I'm sure they are working on a solution (how good of a solution only time will tell), but it would be nice for them to reach out to their community with some information.

They've said they're working on measures to stop goldselling bots as well as expand the block list.

3 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

i just got rekt, there're too stronk, i cri ervytiem.

2 minutes ago, Tofu00 said:

yes i think they're working on it but i just cant take it today. faction chat was 70% of my experience and keep me playing after reaching cap. idk why would i play if i cant see all my bro's chat ; ___ ;

2 ideas that i have to kind of help or sort this thing out.

1, make it so you can have a program just for GMs that displays all chat messages that pop-up the GM can then right click and ban them characters. you could make it so the GMs can see every servers chat list at the same time. you could employ multiple GMs to do this.

2, add a chat filter for players - one being the players add some content to the "not display message list" ie. www. and then this would not display any chat message that has that sort of content.

it is very distracting seeing this, you cant even read what normal people are saying there is that much gold selling spam. i have never seen it this bad in any other MMO i have played.

Just now, cactusberry said:

They've said they're working on measures to stop goldselling bots as well as expand the block list.

Well, that's good to know. :)

I mostly play with friends, so I haven't looked into it much. I have everything except normal chat, whispers and party chat turned off on my main tab. 

I would like to use Faction chat from time to time, though. Currently can't because everything gets drowned out by the gold-spam.

3 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

Groundbreaking game play here on Mushin server where bots hit a spamming speed of 28 lines per 10 seconds. Block lists filling up within 10 minutes. Players are forced to sit, block, empty list, and re-block for hours. Truly a feat of strength. How will players keep from sitting here hours on end blocking these RMTs?  Oh wait, they won't...

Here is what it looks like on Mushin trying to find a party for Misty woods dailies. Reminder 28 lines per 10 seconds. I don't think even Twitch chat can spam this hard...

YnYONH5.jpg

Just now, Tofu00 said:

Well, that's good to know. :)

I mostly play with friends, so I haven't looked into it much. I have everything except normal chat, whispers and party chat turned off on my main tab. 

I would like to use Faction chat from time to time, though. Currently can't because everything gets drowned out by the gold-spam.

faction chat is bae for me, all the jokes and all kind of topic, it's better than doing facebook, it was so good until bots appear ; __ ;

This is getting ridiculous. On "hao district" (EU) there are to many gold spammers. Faction chat is literally being flooded with them (ceru) please fix it. (P.S I ran out of my limit blocking them all, and so has everyone else).

2 minutes ago, MoeDongers said:

Groundbreaking game play here on Mushin server where bots hit a spamming speed of 28 lines per 10 seconds. Block lists filling up within 10 minutes. Players are forced to sit, block, empty list, and re-block for hours. Truly a feat of strength. How will players keep from sitting here hours on end blocking these RMTs?  Oh wait, they won't...

Here is what it looks like on Mushin trying to find a party for Misty woods dailies. Reminder 28 lines per 10 seconds. I don't think even Twitch chat can spam this hard...

YnYONH5.jpg

Yes, and this whole new level is actually hard to deal with, since they keep releasing bots with new names every 2 minutes.

btw it's me : Rheia xd

Archived