Serpent Calling Bell

Khalith

How I hate you.  This quest is really irritating, if you aren't going to up the drop rate, at least give us the options to untrack quests in the UI.  Opening up the quest log only gives me the option Track or Abandon! And I'd rather not abandon it just in case I can't get it back.

Exactly. Would Be kinda stupid to abandon the quest since it provides you with a new Windwalking spell.

About the Bell - I got lucky and found 2 before I Even started the quest but as already mentioned, you can either craft it or buy it as Welt.

The theory is that you can get it by killing mobs in the Cinderlands. ANY mob in the Cinderlands can drop it. During CB2 I found one in the Scorching Sands by chance but the drop rate is REAAAAAAALLY low. To be honest the better way to get it is to ask a Merry Potter to build you one. It takes 20 Grey Clay (Green Thumb), 1 Pine Sap (Tree feller, 6 hour time) and 1 Cinderlands Thorn (rare craft material)

The biggest pain in the rear is the Pine Sap. The rest is rather 'easily' attainable. I built one myself. Saves me the nightmare of grinding the Cinderlands for the next few months. :P

The prices for the bell range from 30-50 silver on Soha.  Crafting them is profitable and not that difficult. Level 3 potters is needed.  For the record, during alpha thru all cbt never saw one drop.  Leveled up two to 45 and never saw the bell, just bought it on market and later crafted them.

You don't need Merry Potter rank 3. Rank 2 is sufficient. As noted the bigged pain in the rear is the Pine Sap which takes 6 hours to obtain. 

The rest of it takes about 45-60 minutes to get and craft and it needs 1 Rare Cinderlands crafting material. 

Yeah, I don't even go after this, if it happens fine. I didn't find one until I got to Tomb of the Exiles in beta. Yea I was 38.  I must have killed I don't know, 50 of the Deva's and out of 100 or essences I got one helmet. I think, B&S needs to shoot the lock off their tight wad wallet.

you need certain items from different crafting guilds in order to make the serpent bell, you can join up to 4 guilds at the same time, the more items you order, the quicker you can level your "guild" crafting to be able to use more and more advanced and higher level stuff, however, if you decide to craft something else, or join another crafting guild, you will lose the xp you have gotten so far, but the items you found in open world will still be in the craft guild if you decide to join again, kinda sucks though.

I've gotten 3 bells of the 4 characters I leveled to cap from drop. But I would highly suggest you to just buy it from the Marketplace, it's really only 30/40 silver which is ONE Big 4 daily quest when you hit cap. Don't cheap out now, the opportunity you have to make gold later when you cap is amazing. It's pretty much pocket change, you'll be easily making 10g a day just doing dailies.

I was in the process of getting the mats to craft a serpent bell but just now while doing some dailies one dropped from a mushroom creature in the Spirestone Canyons -sacrificial grounds. 

I guess it really is any mob in the Cinderlands x.x

i'll still craft some bells tho it seems like it will sell decently enough. 

16 hours ago, tsukishi said:

I was in the process of getting the mats to craft a serpent bell but just now while doing some dailies one dropped from a mushroom creature in the Spirestone Canyons -sacrificial grounds. 

I guess it really is any mob in the Cinderlands x.x

i'll still craft some bells tho it seems like it will sell decently enough. 

got drop from same mobs so maybe they got highest percentage ro drop bell

The drop rate for this bell is atrocious. It includes all mob from cinderland area. Highly suggest to either buy one or craft one. If you lack the money and is on mushin server, pm me and I can probably craft you one. (Currently lvling my alt's crafting)

On 18/01/2016 at 8:54 AM, Pwnz said:

Exatamente. Seria um bocado estúpido a abandonar a missão, uma vez que fornece-lhe com um novo feitiço Windwalking.

Sobre a Bell - Eu tive sorte e encontrei dois antes de eu mesmo começou a quest, mas como já mencionado, você pode criar-lo ou comprá-lo como Welt.

On 2/1/2016 at 2:08 AM, Spyderdragon said:

Where do you get the quest at? I got the bell in cinder, but I never received the quest

you have to buy the ravenfeather fan (whatever its called) from the Cerulean or Crimson legion merchant in the scorching sands and then you can find Cho'gath on top of a building outside sandstone refuge

12 minutes ago, tsukishi said:

you have to buy the ravenfeather fan (whatever its called) from the Cerulean or Crimson legion merchant in the scorching sands and then you can find Cho'gath on top of a building outside sandstone refuge

That is the precursor. The first quest you get from old man Cho is to get the Raven Feather Fan from the faction Quartermaster. This will be at the start of the Scorching Sands in Cinderlands. The second quest you get from old man Cho is to give him a Dragonbone Spine which you get from the Deva Wheel of Fortune. The quest you get AFTER you turn in the Dragonbone Spine is find a Serpent Calling Bell. 

All these quests are gotten and delivered in the Scorching Sands area

Archived