Anyone get horrible frame rate on higher-end PCs?

TurbanSenpai

I've played many MMOs and I do play other games as well. This game does not seem very well optimized to me. 

The game will run above 60 (I usually cap it to 60) on 2k with maxed out settings unless there are people spawning then my frames drop to 20 - 25. I have tried tried dropping everything to low and I still get the same frame rate. I surely do not have a dated computer as I can play games such as the Witcher 3 and FFIX Maxed Out on 1440p Res. 

The only temporary fix is to switch channels where less people exist and I may boost to 30 or 40 fps. I really want to know that I am not the only one with this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

if you have to switch channels to increase your FPS chances are that it isn't just poor optimization, and no you are not the only one having FPS issues. I was running a solid 150-200 FPS in high populated areas last night before the patch. This new patch hits and all of a sudden there are more DDL crash issues and now im getting FPS bottlenecks way down in the 20s just running around. NCsoft needs to get their shit together and stop adding content to line their *cricket*ing pockets and fix the problems at hand. ya cant make money if your playerbase plummets to nothing because you dont properly optimize and fix issues. 

6 minutes ago, Balmung88 said:

if you have to switch channels to increase your FPS chances are that it isn't just poor optimization, and no you are not the only one having FPS issues. I was running a solid 150-200 FPS in high populated areas last night before the patch. This new patch hits and all of a sudden there are more DDL crash issues and now im getting FPS bottlenecks way down in the 20s just running around. NCsoft needs to get their shit together and stop adding content to line their *cricket*ing pockets and fix the problems at hand. ya cant make money if your playerbase plummets to nothing because you dont properly optimize and fix issues. 

I'm curious about your PC spec. Man what kind of PC can run 100+ FPS even in high populated area

its my main gaming rig, just dropped 2 Geforce 980TI cards in it. not 100% necessary to run the game at max settings but still even a mid-mid high end pc should be able to get 100+FPS consistently while running around outside main towns, seeing your FPS just plummet down to 20FPS then freezing and crashing is absolute bullshit.

7 minutes ago, Balmung88 said:

its my main gaming rig, just dropped 2 Geforce 980TI cards in it. not 100% necessary to run the game at max settings but still even a mid-mid high end pc should be able to get 100+FPS consistently while running around outside main towns, seeing your FPS just plummet down to 20FPS then freezing and crashing is absolute bullshit.

mine is I7 4770k+ gtx 960 4G+ 16G RAM. 20 fps in black dragon fights no matter what setting is .  consistent 60+ fps while I soloing  :^((( 

Like I said NCsoft needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix this. hell when I first started on the launch and was streaming I was still getting respectable FPS its sad to see such an amazing mmo get punished for the failures of NCsoft and their team not optimizing properly.

Sometimes something is happening and the game drops to 1-2FPS for like 10seconds then everything becomes super smooth 60fps again, and during big fights always gets losses of around 20-30frames :/

This game client is handling player-loads quite badly.

I don't have an enthusiast build but it's nothing to sneeze at, and I dip to about 20 FPS when theres a huge fight or something, especially outside.

But yes, one of the recent patches made the game feel not as smooth.

2 hours ago, Balmung88 said:

Lol no one is lying, search around damn near everyone is having FPS problems now some before the last patch and some like me got hit with it with this recent patch. 

Having 60+FPS in a crowded area like 24 man fleet is one thing, but having 60+FPS while fighting Poh with 24 other people, I will not believe that.

I can run the game on ultra on max settings in solo but as soon as I go into a dungeon or areas with people good bye FPS. This game has shocking optimization especially when people with much older hardware then me can run the game better. That shows you they have no idea what they are doing with regards to optimization 

You don't have to be running a godly setup to notice the FPS drops since the last patch. I had a steady 70+ FPS prior to the latest patch and now when i fight a mob it drops to 20fps. 5 minutes into a dungeon and I'm probably getting 2FPS and my game freezes and crashes. I hope the patch comes ASAP. 

Archived