Server "Neo Classic", a good opportunity to relaunch the game

Ioseppo TiLt3bUg

Hello to the whole community.

It's been a while since I've logged in, maybe more than a year, but a few days ago on a random social network I found an advertisement for this "Neo Classic" server, so I decided to investigate.

I am happy to know that the developers/distributors have finally decided to embark on a path that differs greatly from the choices made in the past 🙂  they are certainly not the first to think of this strategy (Gameforge has long created servers for Aion and 4Story that return to origins of those titles), but I imagine that the constant hemorrhaging of players didn't leave many alternatives.

I only hope that it is not a "trawling" for the nostalgic, but rather that it is the beginning of a new life for this masterwork that we all love, and which too often has betrayed our expectations.

Now, I know that the experts are preparing a Discord server (which I will not fail to visit, bringing my contribution, as far as possible), but I also want to draw up a list here that perhaps will help them better direct their decisions on what to include in the new version:

WHAT IS WRONG FOR ME IN B&S (better: what made me leave the game):

I) The total abandonment of the development of the PvP side of the game.
A few hours ago I logged back into the game to see the state of things with my own eyes, and I was incredulous to see Soulstone Plain cancelled, as well as the dueling training room and the Tower of Infinity. It seems that any activity aimed at developing a player's ability or desire for PvP is erased.

II) The 3rd spec: playing as kfm, I always wondered what lycanthropy had to do with this martial art. Apart from this, it is clear that the introduction of this feature has unbalanced the properties of all classes, displeasing the majority of players.

III) The excessive quantity of item to upgrade and related activities.

Guys, we're talking about TWELVE accessories, a weapon (2 if you count the pvp one), SIXTEEN SS pieces (pvp+pve) and SIXTEEN gems (weapon+pet), the SPLENDOR STONE system, the COMPOUND system, the RELIC system, the INSIGNIA system, the f3 collection and now the PORTRAIT collection. ARE WE JOKING THE F**K?

If I have a maximum of one/two hours a day to play, how can I have fun if I have to spend all my time farming materials between dungeons, open worlds and events?

I said it in an old post and I'll repeat it here: "I feel like I'm a hamster running on a wheel without ever getting anywhere", because in the meantime the bar for the stats needed to face increasingly stronger enemies is rising, and the game starts all over again. Simply put: there are more interesting things to do in other games than repeating the same dungeon train every day, don't be surprised if people leave.

SO HERE IS MY IDEAL "Neo Classic" SERVER:

I) Restore all faction and individual PvP features (including the eSports championship) and encourage players to frequent them, removing the 3rd spec, returning to the original skilltrees and reintroducing the rewards in NCcoin or other types if necessary. Also propose nice events like Valentin's wheel in February... 2017? 2018? Well, who remembers it, it was very funny and was never repeated... why?

II) Simplified equipment: fewer accessories and extra systems.

III) Possible transfer of characters, adjusting level cap, equipment and skills. I imagine that not everyone likes leaving tons of outfits and skins in the original server...

Hoping to have been of help, I greet you and confirm from now on that I will give this project a chance. I MIGHT EVEN DECIDE TO SPEND MY MONEY ON IT, WHAT DO YOU THINK? GOOD LUCK!

Best regards

• Thanks 1

bring back the valentine's wheel event? i hated that event so much.. i don't like pvp so that was expected.. i don't think events should be pvp i always think pvp should be entirely optional for those who don't like pvp (aka me).. but back then the only way to get soulstones was through pvp i believe so i guess i have to do pvp.. idk about the valentine's event though that event gave me ptsd i still remember it till this day shivers

PvP during Valentin's event was not mandatory. There were quests that gave some additional rewards if you killed a pre-established number of opponents, but they were not decisive for obtaining the main rewards. Sure, you might occasionally end up in a brawl in the two different rows over the wheels, but what is life without a little risk? Deadly boring.

I would rather reflect on the fact that by favoring the PvE side and suppressing the PvP side, the game is dead.

idk i kept dying while trying to spin the wheel that was annoying.. and i remember waiting on line and not cutting :(.. it would be cool if the pvp was optional for main rewards like a switch to turn the pvp on or off because i think you had to wear your faction uniform to spin the wheel.. like it would be nice if i could spin the wheel without wearing the uniform.. but i guess pvp lovers love to hurt the pve lovers who dont like pvp 😞

• Like 1

The wheel event was pretty fun, honestly. I got my chance to revenge on all the gankers who bullied me in the cinderlands. I don't have much faith in the NEO version: whatever this company does is half-baked, but I guess if they remove my barely functional 3rd spec and RNG, it'll already be enough for me to actually try the classic server.

A good opportunity to re-launch the game? Definitely, if they change their approach to making PC games, which I doubt they ever will at this point.

• Thanks 2

On 12/12/2023 at 10:42 AM, Ioseppo TiLt3bUg said:

....and they will all launch at the same time, in spring 2024

as they always tend to meet their deadlines

even TL still not here despite being scheduled for decades 😉

On 12/16/2023 at 10:24 PM, Sophronia said:

if they change their approach to making PC games, which I doubt they ever will at this point.

AMEN!

Not sure if the market is a dire as per why they ventured mobile (with complete auto play story for you). Which also is my biggest fear if it comes to NEO. We will have to play the same story again? How boring if there wont be a way to quick start - but yeah. We will have to sit put and wait.

On 12/16/2023 at 9:35 AM, Ioseppo TiLt3bUg said:

I would rather reflect on the fact that by favoring the PvE side and suppressing the PvP side, the game is dead.

after all any day at best has 24 hours to play, just have 24 hours pve content and 24hours pvp content per day. nobody could get 48 hours of stuff done in a single day.

OR

as we already have shared bonus rewards between dungeons: lets get shared rewards between the quests pve/pvp or even make specific quests which can finish by either pve or pvp.

sounds simple, not sure if adding goes as smooth

• Like 1

i hope it brings new life to blade and soul it has been a very long time i haven't been able to do any raids or high level group dungeons just because i cant find any players in europe jinsoyun server

i really wanna re run older dungeon a do de old missions all over again as i care a lot for de look a feel off this game but also i care a lot about de story off de character

as for wat i will love to see is

--- things i like to see---

1: de original look a feel off de game back like it use to like in de old engine (with they are already trying to do)

2: i will love to see many off all de old remove missions back they remove to make players get faster in de late game those mission did make you see locations you will not see other ways anyways a i never did understand it removal anyways as it where optional missions

i replay de game i think a 2 years ago now a i was shock how many missions where remove a dat there where arias a missions we never see anymore 1 because de game never tells you or they are lock off locations you could not visit without de mission to begin with

3: bring many off de old clothing back in de hongmoon store there are so many outfits in de game i love but you cant get anymore because they are event related or store exclusive so bring back those event a add those outfit back all is it roulet system where you can buy only those items for a week a than they get switch out with others a return in de future maybe make polls to see what de players like to see back most a add 2 player choice items or so it be fun way to give us back a change a not overwhelm de players with options is dat your worry ncsoft

i will prefer if you could just buy them with nc coins from de showroom but dat a option

4: idea for this is for neo as for normal blade and soul add a way to revisit lock off areas after we already have visited them one time a wont be open anymore after there are  handful locations in blade and i love go trough again or just take pictures off de location with my characters in different outfit

replaying de entire game to revisit jiwan peak for example with is still something i wanna do as dat location is amazing in my eyes maybe if you get trough de lock portal add a prompt dat as you if you wanna revisit de location a unlock if we say yeah

5: a this is mostly outside ncsoft control i know this

i love to see de servers being back alive with players running around a all dat many players quite de game because ncsoft kept making releases like blade and soul revolution blade and soul 2 a dat other mobile game a did not put much focus at least from de players point off view in de game blade and soul

because off dat to me it least felt like de game get slow updates a new story with dat effect ot also feels like de devs lost care off de original game

im not gonna go in my complaints off de mobile game i just  gonna say yeah im happy blade and soul 2 start a new story but it bothers me a lot it is mobile only i get it de mobile market is a lot bigger but de pc players are far more dedicated toward de game if you handle your property right i have my complain about de others to but they are not really part off this discussion

ps yeah i know you can play 2 on pc but you are essentially just porting de mobile version to pc so i don't consider it de same thing 

--- final thoughts ---

as you probably can notice i still care a ton for blade and soul I'm not bother for example dat blade and soul 2 is a new story i'm bother it is not on pc original

i'm sad because many off de old fun content got remove so players get faster to end game you already had character skip passes in de store so dat was totally not needed i will love to rerun them with a new character or even my level 60 character just for de fun

this includes old outfit as well in game as in store as i was to poor to buy nc coins back than now i can but de outfits never come back

i have a not off nostalgia for de old combat as well a other t=things because they where also great i don't say de new is bad but i just have a lot off strong memories with this game

im sure many off us do many of us only left or stop playing because a lot off things happens outside de game but not in de game it self many off us have spend 100+ 200+ hours to a i agree with many bns 2 should have been a pc game first

but yeah i just love to see de glory days back off blade and soul

a yeah i know ncsoft has to do a lot of work a it is not even sure many players will return if ncsoft did de work but i do hope ncsoft gives it a try  i hope they succeed in bringing back de old game

---to de readers---

thank everyone for reading it became quite a bit longer than expected but thinking back make me quite nostalgic if you wanna play with me even on american server i just restart from scratch let me know i will love to just be sad to say goodbye to my kitsune pet

---to ncsoft of wat ever you call yourself those days---

ps: ncsoft if you are reading this i know bns is a mmo but please add ai npcs to do dungeons with you as option if we cant find people to play dungeons or raids with but make it optional button you need to press or deselect if you don't want ai npc in your party as it is hell to find people to play with surely on eu jinsoyun you are clearly still even if slowly progressing de single player campaign de most so it be great if we can do everything if we really want to without other players it be great to keep de game alive in case de player base doesn't grow anymore

Copium at its finest... Have you ever watched the promotional videos they have posted??? they already banned some of the outfits like the Lycan and Poharan outfits... while they haven't shown really important stuff, like the UI or the new/old skills system, or fps improvement over the original.

This Neo server won't do anything good is just another way to milk their users and bring new kids to waste some money and then leave cause they get bored easily, the same process they have been doing since the soul boost was created

2 hours ago, LunarS0ng said:

Copium at its finest... Have you ever watched the promotional videos they have posted??? they already banned some of the outfits like the Lycan and Poharan outfits... while they haven't shown really important stuff, like the UI or the new/old skills system, or fps improvement over the original.

This Neo server won't do anything good is just another way to milk their users and bring new kids to waste some money and then leave cause they get bored easily, the same process they have been doing since the soul boost was created

While you are kind of right that Neo Classic is a potential game to waste money on, you should definitley take a deep breath and stop your nonsense.

There were already pictures showing part of the new UI and it is really likely that they are still developing it. Honestly, the UI is kind of least of my concerns. so, I don't know why others, and you, make such a fuss about it.

The outfits weren't "banned", this term doesn't even make sence there! Just what is wrong with you? Those were redesigned. You may not like it, but it isn't sure we will get these redesigned outfits in the global release or if they will be only in the china version.

@Izuna Kazumi Sorry, but I gave up reading half way through your post. It is a pain to read. I agree with your points of the old sidequests and areas though.

It's not sure if Neo Classic will be a saviour or another dissapointment. But I will be reading the news about it with a lot of interest and a good portion of scepticism.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Ioseppo TiLt3bUg Brilliant thank you.

My quick thoughts New players CANNOT handle the inventory clutter  chill on that please.

Also, if there is no pvp I will definitely quit & convince others to do the same.

Lets go NCsoft!!

pvp, one of the most tasty experiences in the game, a game full of art and love at the start, with the most pretty ncs i'd ever seen, and that so fluent combant, which became totally repetitive, lost some dynamism, and became a so simplified pvp in the end based on conditions to get 1 shots or close on players.

I really miss the old days, the old long combo pvp to kill, and the oportunity to be different based on your decitions on selecting the skills you wanted, out of the fire, wind, thunder or watever type of skill tree.

I was always lightning bm but also kfm, and right now im just a deserter waiting for a good reason to try again and get back to those so happy days of a lot of fun and fascination, i hope some of it comes back with the project.

BTW, its nice to see the pve of the game but hell, its really really dead the pvp and it could potentially be one of the best systems ever for a mmo, please, dont leave it aside this time.