"Weekly Maintenance - Day/Time Change Notice" - a few words about this change.

Walex

I've been waiting for an actual update to comment the change.

1. "Our goals are to shorten the maintenance time and be able to resolve post-maintenance issues more quickly." 

This update was event related. It was announced to be 5 hours long but was delayed to EIGHT hours.

What "resolve post-maintenance issues more quickly" is supposed to mean?
"Due to changes in the maintenance time, all systems, contents, quests, and shop reset periods are scheduled to change from Wednesday 6:00 AM to Tuesday 3:00 PM PDT."

We were supposed to get "all things mentioned above" reset at the same time as maintenance time (midnight CEST), yet stuff like dash/login rewards reset at the same time as they used to at 8 AM CEST (meanwhile dash board wasn't changed, and login rewards lost "the key"), but that's not even the main issue - our daily/weekly challenge resets at 5 PM, which basically means one can't do daily stuff before 5 PM because it did not reset yet, or do it before 5 PM next day but only have time till 5 PM, AND deal with the fact that some people have it already finished so it becomes even more difficult to finish.

2. "We recognize that the regular maintenance time is an important aspect of your gaming experience, and we are committed to making this change as seamless as possible." & "we look forward to continuing to provide you with the best possible gaming experience."

This is why you, after 7 years, literally STEAL our "extra week" on EU instead of adding one for NA?
We had the ability to gain login rewards, use dash spins, open trove, and get event rewards from D.E. between 8 AM (reset time) and 1 PM (maintenance time) everytime a patch was about to be applied. And you "say" that you make it "as seamless as possible"? That's what you call providing best possible gaming experience?

On top of that we still have broken soul boost (Altar removed from demonsbane and not replaced by anything nor anything else added, people are unable to reach max level... also it's worth mentioning that KR has/had a few stages of sb, next one being unlocked by getting level 42 and wearing the outfit... and we don't), we have NO notification(s) about Hamann and people have to keep asking others (meanwhile Hamann times are at 21:30, 00:30 and 3:30 which are terrible, literally FORCING to stay at night if someone missed the first one, and then only the first one is available on maintenance day while the other two are unavailable during maintenance time... literally the best possible gaming experience right here), also can't forget about patch notes that are ridiculous... half (if not more) of informations are missing, and the other half is poorly translated...

There's probably more to be mentioned.

Are you sabotaging your own game that you're publishing or what the hell is happening during this year?
This is more than unacceptable. And You get paid for this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

This is starting to look intentional to me too. A game that is doing well does not have these issues consistently happening and they have yet to be addressed. I doubt this upcoming maint will address them either.

ncmeme using us as a test bunnies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GM Oliey said:

Hello, your report will be communicated to the relevant departments. 

And if you are still encountering the error, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Support so they can troubleshoot this issue with you: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/

1: Support is not helpful, multiple people said that support either confirmed that reset times are correct and working properly; or said that post it on forums.
2: Support most of the time does not accept bug reports, as they confirm that 'I understand how this is important for you, However, we do not have the timeframe of when this will be addressed by the development team.' or tell us to complain on forums instead.
3: I am sorry, but I really do have to ask this. Does any of you play with the game? Just casually, maybe once a week or so. The current issues are so absurd that if any of you would play the game once a week, you would notice how almost everything is broken atm. And I am not even joking.

1. Daily and weekly quests/challanges reset at midnight KST instead of 10PM GMT
  2. Daily challange rest is reset way before the quests/challanges do, meaning the whole thing bugs out
    • For example, I did 2 characters daily challange one after the other. 3 days later this happened:
      1. One character had 1 rest points, and gave 2 day worth of daily challange rewards.
      2. One character had 2 rest points, and gave 2 days worth of daily challange rewards.
    • How did that even happen? You might ask. Well...
      1. I did the first character before rest reset, even tho the challanges were reset already.
      2. Between me finishing my first char and the second char, rest reset (or did it?).
      3. It only reset on my UI, still only gave 2 days worth of daily challange rewards...
      4. Why was it on 1 rest anyway? I am 100% sure it was 3 days later, as I have 7 chars and only do main+2alts a day, so can't mess up rests...
  3. For some people weekly challange is not doable at all, when they complete weekly quests it does not count. Probably has to do something with broken timers as well, for example doing them at a certain time or something
  4. Daily challanges are a full day behind, we have the 7 daily challanges on saturday, sunday and monday instead of friday, saturday and sunday

And these were just the problems with the daily/weekly challanges, plenty more stuff are broken / doesn't make sense.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

1: Support is not helpful, multiple people said that support either confirmed that reset times are correct and working properly; or said that post it on forums.
2: Support most of the time does not accept bug reports, as they confirm that 'I understand how this is important for you, However, we do not have the timeframe of when this will be addressed by the development team.' or tell us to complain on forums instead.
3: I am sorry, but I really do have to ask this. Does any of you play with the game? Just casually, maybe once a week or so. The current issues are so absurd that if any of you would play the game once a week, you would notice how almost everything is broken atm. And I am not even joking.

1. Daily and weekly quests/challanges reset at midnight KST instead of 10PM GMT
  2. Daily challange rest is reset way before the quests/challanges do, meaning the whole thing bugs out
    • For example, I did 2 characters daily challange one after the other. 3 days later this happened:
      1. One character had 1 rest points, and gave 2 day worth of daily challange rewards.
      2. One character had 2 rest points, and gave 2 days worth of daily challange rewards.
    • How did that even happen? You might ask. Well...
      1. I did the first character before rest reset, even tho the challanges were reset already.
      2. Between me finishing my first char and the second char, rest reset (or did it?).
      3. It only reset on my UI, still only gave 2 days worth of daily challange rewards...
      4. Why was it on 1 rest anyway? I am 100% sure it was 3 days later, as I have 7 chars and only do main+2alts a day, so can't mess up rests...
  3. For some people weekly challange is not doable at all, when they complete weekly quests it does not count. Probably has to do something with broken timers as well, for example doing them at a certain time or something
  4. Daily challanges are a full day behind, we have the 7 daily challanges on saturday, sunday and monday instead of friday, saturday and sunday

And these were just the problems with the daily/weekly challanges, plenty more stuff are broken / doesn't make sense.

It happened to people who do their dailies at the same time every day as well. All of this could be fixed if you would finally change timers from midnight KST to EU midnight as you said you would in the announcements 🙂 

PS: It is not really KST midnight, it is 24 hours before KST midnight, we are a full day behind of in real life times. 

Edited by Hungibungi

Support got back to me. Their answer exceeded my expectations! Lemme quote, just to make sure everyone understands clearly how far Support is gone from reality...

Upon checking on our end, we found no issue with the reset times you've mentioned. Please do note that reset time may very due to difference in time zone

Sure. We are all blind, dumb and delusional. Reset is at midnight CEST (10PM GMT) just like described in the official announcement. Sorry that I ever questioned you, you are absolutely correct. Turns out that I haven't realized something really important. We are Koreans! How did I ever doubt it? We live in Korea, the forum and support is Korean as well. I am writing in Korean, it just auto transtales it to English! And ofc my Windows time is set to CEST by mistake, once I changed it to KST the reset timer is actually correct.

Thank you for fixing my problem, you are truly the best! 

*Edit: Actually this is not true, even if you change ur timezone to KST, you will be 24 hours ahead of reset times... Woops! ❤️

Edited by Hungibungi

This daily challenge time reset mess up is making me crazy. When is this going to be fixed? Oh wait why am i typing this, no one at NC cares about what the customers want, and the only person that did was fired :(