Request to stop nerfing the Musician (or any class)

Fresh Mint

Greetings,

I'd like to request from the NCsoft development team to please stop nerfing the Musician class, or any other class.

I very much enjoy the fact that it can deal a good amount of dps. It's part of the assets that drew me to it and that makes it fun to play.

Seeing my main class getting slowly nerfed one patch after another breaks my heart.

Thanks for your understanding,

Regards

2 hours ago, Fresh Mint said:

Greetings,

I'd like to request from the NCsoft development team to please stop nerfing the Musician class, or any other class.

I very much enjoy the fact that it can deal a good amount of dps. It's part of the assets that drew me to it and that makes it fun to play.

Seeing my main class getting slowly nerfed one patch after another breaks my heart.

Thanks for your understanding,

Regards

Never base your class choice on meta or a tier list.

buffs, Nerfs and changes happen all the time, Especially on newly released classes.

only choose based on what class you enjoy playing, Not what numbers they do on meter.

Edited by Uldrum

21 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Never base your class choice on meta or a tier list.

only choose based on what class you enjoy playing, Not what numbers they do on meter.

oh balony...I loved my archer when the class came out, but after nerfs, class was too hard to play..and you don't enjoy playing a class that doesn't do similar damage as other classes -- you get ragged on for why you are so lame, not pulling your weight, not knowing your class, etc...  enjoying playing is about being able to run w/groups and contribute -- if you can't contribute similar DPS as others in the group -- your equipment and level don't matter, you will find poeple don't want to run with you -- and that's no fun.

So you can't separate DPS you do in battle from how fun it is to play your class.  Ultimately, they are very interrelated.  Loved the archer class and the bows, but couldn't begin to get the DPS out of the class that I needed.  So I switch to a less fun, more boring weapon, more mechanical class that isn't as fun.  But at least I get invited/allowed in groups and don't get ragged on so often.

54 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

oh balony...I loved my archer when the class came out, but after nerfs, class was too hard to play..and you don't enjoy playing a class that doesn't do similar damage as other classes -- you get ragged on for why you are so lame, not pulling your weight, not knowing your class, etc...  enjoying playing is about being able to run w/groups and contribute -- if you can't contribute similar DPS as others in the group -- your equipment and level don't matter, you will find poeple don't want to run with you -- and that's no fun.

So you can't separate DPS you do in battle from how fun it is to play your class.  Ultimately, they are very interrelated.  Loved the archer class and the bows, but couldn't begin to get the DPS out of the class that I needed.  So I switch to a less fun, more boring weapon, more mechanical class that isn't as fun.  But at least I get invited/allowed in groups and don't get ragged on so often.

Thats more of a community being toxic problem rather than a class problem or even have anything to do with enjoying playing a class.

But, yeah that is the reality sadly.

Thats why 45 patch was the best, because there was no showing down of legendary / mythical gear down your throat, weapons, p2w systems. unity, portraits etc and other garbage that just artificially boosts stats.

The game was far more balanced then and much easier to balance without 300+ different scaling effects to work around.,

3 hours ago, Nicolee said:

oh balony...I loved my archer when the class came out, but after nerfs, class was too hard to play..and you don't enjoy playing a class that doesn't do similar damage as other classes

If this is how you feel, then you will need to use class voucher every time it comes.

Because classes will go up and down in power overtime, Mostly down for newly released classes-

Astro, Dual blade and Bard all OP on Release.. then nerfed down overtime.

you get ragged on for why you are so lame, not pulling your weight, not knowing your class, etc.

Time to get new friends? This has never happent to me and i am fairly low geared compared to others and my class feels weaker nowdays, only doing 200-250M on stage 8 DB's the Bard in my daily train is usually around double so 400-500M

if you can't contribute similar DPS as others in the group -- your equipment and level don't matter, you will find poeple don't want to run with you -- and that's no fun.

I don't know where you find these people, But this did not happen even when i was doing dailies and content on a lower geared alt for a while.

Tho that alt had grab, so i guess people enjoyed that.

So you can't separate DPS you do in battle from how fun it is to play your class.

I can, I am never going to play a ranged class as main, I want to be melee and i want to be able to tank the boss.

Bard can do their twice my dmg if they want to, I'm not switching to bard or Gunslinger.. I don't want to play that 😄

@fellow players:

To each their own, we all have our own preferences. I'm one of those who enjoy dealing a high amount of damage, among other things.

I know we got used to seeing classes being powerful upon release and then gradually getting nerfed: Lightning Archer being one of them, as pointed by Nicolee.

But things are not set in stone, we can request for things to change, starting with the Musician. 

@NCSoft team

Seeing you take this request into account in your future plans would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you 😌

6 hours ago, Fresh Mint said:

@fellow players:

To each their own, we all have our own preferences. I'm one of those who enjoy dealing a high amount of damage, among other things.

I know we got used to seeing classes being powerful upon release and then gradually getting nerfed: Lightning Archer being one of them, as pointed by Nicolee.

But things are not set in stone, we can request for things to change, starting with the Musician. 

@NCSoft team

Seeing you take this request into account in your future plans would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you 😌

All patches are in line with what KR gets. The problem is we don't get the weekly balance patches they get: instead most of the time we get a class that is in a KR release state, often broken and overpowered. These nerfs are needed, unless you feel it is fair that a class should be significantly stronger then others with less effort?

6 hours ago, Fresh Mint said:

@fellow players:

@NCSoft team

Thank you 😌

The NCwest team has nothing to do with class balance.

Only the devs in KR handle that and those changes were made months ago to their version of the game, since we get patches long after they do.

Your post on the Western forums will have no impact on what happens over in korea and no, they are not going to make a version specifically for us in the west

9 hours ago, Uldrum said:

If this is how you feel, then you will need to use class voucher every time it comes.

Because classes will go up and down in power overtime, Mostly down for newly released classes-

Astro, Dual blade and Bard all OP on Release.. then nerfed down overtime.

FWIW, now Astro is widly derided as the weakest class.  I never played it, but there's another example of over-correction.

Time to get new friends?

I visit the friend-shop on a regular bases looking for good deals, but discount-friends rarely has quality, long lasting ones.

This has never happent to me and i am fairly low geared compared to others and my class feels weaker nowdays, only doing 200-250M on stage 8 DB's the Bard in my daily train is usually around double so 400-500M

----

The ones that do that damage usually have all oculus equip+all optimized Tru SS.  Along with high end equip in other areas.  Equip does make a difference along with AP among other things.

I don't know where you find these people, But this did not happen even when i was doing dailies and content on a lower geared alt for a while.

When I tried applying on a lower lvl char (as well as some others that were not high-end, I occasionally found myself disinvited after a while.  They aren't friends, they are BnS pug groups -- the type of 'friend you most often are exposed to in BnS.

Tho that alt had grab, so i guess people enjoyed that.

I can, I am never going to play a ranged class as main, I want to be melee and i want to be able to tank the boss.

Go for it -- opposite of me -- I think the BnS system sorta sucks since even traditional ranged characters like gunners and archers end up being

melee in 1 jump from the boss, where in many games an archer can shoot from out of site, and a gunner from over a mile away -- no way are they likely to end up being in melee in 1 round.  But in many play systems, a person with a rifle can do fatal damage from well over a mile away, with relative impunity.  Not something you see in BnS.  While archers don't have that range, they could still deal high damage with impunity as they often shot from cover and targets died before knowing where the archers were.  Not so in BnS.

Bard can do their twice my dmg if they want to, I'm not switching to bard or Gunslinger.. I don't want to play that 😄

Bard is also likely to die quickly if they become tank due to their damage -- I've seen this happen, first hand, many times. If there isn't an "official tank" who specs some threat, the bard often dies when a real tank does not.  If there is no tank, I need to respec for lower damage and higher defense (among other things).  That's why I'm nervous about people's desire to nerf Bards, since they really don't have alot of defensive abilities by default.  Fortunately I have a main that is stronger and if Bard becomes unplayable, I won't fall apart, but I sympathize with those who have put their play in such a class.

Anyway, in BnS, DPS is the main currency with which you forge in-game friends.  Its what everyone sees in battle and what people count on -- eventually, over mechs, which become obsolete when faced with high enough DPS.  How many worry about mechs in twisted or the steel raid dungeons?  Today, 12 people walk in and wipe the floor with high DPS characters.

Edited by Nicolee

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

All patches are in line with what KR gets. The problem is we don't get the weekly balance patches they get: instead most of the time we get a class that is in a KR release state, often broken and overpowered. These nerfs are needed, unless you feel it is fair that a class should be significantly stronger then others with less effort?

@Denial, i don't view things the same way as you. Each class has their strength and weaknesses, that's what makes them complementary.

The strength of the Musicians lies in their dps, as they're mainly a buff/dps class. In a group, everyone benefits from their high dps & buff. While it may require less effort for a Musician to deal a good amount of dps, it does require more effort for them to survive as they're less resistant than the tanking classes for instance.

@Uldrum, i have no idea how it works, but according to the last producer's letter, players' feedback shall be taken into account in the future of Blade and Soul. I believe that the Western and Eastern teams work together and that our feedback is either discussed with /or forwarded to the developing team.

Just now, Fresh Mint said:

@Denial, i don't view things the same way as you. Each class has their strength and weaknesses, that's what makes them complementary.

The strength of the Musicians lies in their dps, as they're mainly a buff/dps class. In a group, everyone benefits from their high dps & buff. While it may require less effort for a Musician to deal a good amount of dps, it does require more effort for them to survive as they're less resistant than the tanking classes for instance.

@Uldrum, i have no idea how it works, but according to the last producer's letter, players' feedback shall be taken into account in the future of Blade and Soul. I believe that the Western and Eastern teams work together and that our feedback is either discussed with /or forwarded to the developing team.

With one of the recommended talent specs, Divine spec Musicians are pretty durable and don't trade off much damage to achieve it. I cannot say how the other spec plays however, but I have heard its damage is quite low.

Also, there's really not much of a team over here anymore. All content, adjustments and development is and always has been carried out by KR. NCWest largely existed to manage the games in NA/EU but does no actual dev work in any way. They don't decide on balance, they don't decide when we get things, they don't decide when we lose things. It is all NCSoft in KR in all capacities. There is no 'working together' because there's significant evidence a majority of NCWest employees got terminated.

11 hours ago, lillvargen said:

@Nicolee, you visit the what shop?

just play the class you enjoy, find a clan or stick with friends during farming/dc runs

What friends -- my rl friends don't play BnS because it's too caustic.  The clans I've been in have fallen by the wayside. As for clans -- most were too competitive / demanding.

On 4/12/2023 at 5:43 AM, DenialOfTruth said:

You do realize Musician was absurdly overpowered on launch, right?

It has nearly no defense and dies easily unless they are way beefed up w/maxed out equip.

The DPS it does is its main highlight.