portraits removed from f2

iem ling

I'm sorry to say but this just seems like pure racism..
Korea has their f2 pictures but we in the west don't, and it's not a secret that for many people in asia most western people look the same (there is research and even videos on youtube about this).
So how are we supposed to take this, when they take away our identities and replace them with the same generic default picture for everyone.
This just adds insult to injury on top of everything we had to go through the past few months.
Just another spit in our faces, but I guess we are just oegugin/oeguksaram in their eyes... 🥲

• Like 3

Just now, ArzumKFM said:

I'm sorry to say but this just seems like pure racism..
Korea has their f2 pictures but we in the west don't, and it's not a secret that for many people in asia most western people look the same (there is research and even videos on youtube about this).
So how are we supposed to take this, when they take away our identities and replace them with the same generic default picture for everyone.
This just adds insult to injury on top of everything we had to go through the past few months.
Just another spit in our faces, but I guess we are just oegugin/oeguksaram in their eyes... 🥲

I hate to say it but you might be onto something, now that you have presented us with this evidence it's hard to ignore the subtle message behind this seemingly innocent change. And quite frankly I am disgusted.

23 minutes ago, Erhardt KFMBot said:

NCWest will literally do anything to mess with their users. Who cares about cheaters and botters when you can remove the F2 picture

It's not NCWest. NCWest basically no longer exists since a majority of their employees were terminated. And even if they did, NCWest has also never had any say in regards to how the game operates outside of maybe the first year in NA/EU. It is all 100% NCSoft in KR dictating these insane, anti-player decisions.

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

It's not NCWest. NCWest basically no longer exists since a majority of their employees were terminated. And even if they did, NCWest has also never had any say in regards to how the game operates outside of maybe the first year in NA/EU. It is all 100% NCSoft in KR dictating these insane, anti-player decisions.

Its not 100% at all considering we got many big changes like 100% skystealer success rate or not getting their achievement system. Korea has GIFs in their F2 and now we have none lol

1 hour ago, Erhardt KFMBot said:

Its not 100% at all considering we got many big changes like 100% skystealer success rate or not getting their achievement system. Korea has GIFs in their F2 and now we have none lol

That still was NCSoft deciding to give us those things (or not give us in other cases). NCWest has never and will never do any development of features, content, or anything for the game, it is always NCSoft. 

interesting way to enforce veganism @Primali@NC don't want living creatures in f2 - so smart!

I mean removing humans from game support long ago already too. not surprised at all here. should we be surprised when they put up old trove again? not for everyone either though.

Wish they'd notified so we could...oh wait. We couldn't save any f2 either...

2 cases here:

beloved (and probably ascended) pets
commisioned artwork

what harm do those f2 offer @Primali@GM Minigusto help us understand

On 4/5/2023 at 10:33 AM, Grimoir said:

It has very likely to do with certain laws that went into effect, at least in EU, NA might just have been pulled on the same wagon with it.

Though, considering how abused certain profile images were...I am not really surprised.

what new law?... if that "law is real" they need to forbid whatsapp, tiktok, and discord in EU too...

On 4/11/2023 at 7:10 PM, Nicolee said:

In a game where outfits and appearance are KEY items of play -- how can they think about removing our custom pictures?  Why would they do this -- the game is rated mature -- which includes naked pictures, though I've never seen any of those.  Is someone offended by risque pictures in a mature+ rated game?

Again, think of how you you shoot yourself in the foot -- the game is based on outfits + style, and now you are deleting player's pictures of them wearing fave outfits? 

Why don't you just remove outfits all-together and only supply a generic gunny-sack for each class?  No more outfits -- well no more reason to spend anything on this game.  This is totally lame!  If we can't wear outfits in F2, why have outfits?

Yeah classic ... Blood, Violent, Guns and Weapons are fine. But an adult girl in bikini NO NO NO.. Burn the world!.. Unacceptable... What is this?? Middleage.. We have 2023... In germany people can literally walk nude at some beaches if they want...

The game is ok but seems it always goes 2 steps back... Ventures tokens removed from pvp made pvp queue gone for NA/EU + Nerf on half of the rest gold in NA/EU while Korea server gets more gold and materials (what I heard) + Greenstorm guy gone from forum/streams + f2 gone now (even if I don't mind it much)...

23 hours ago, Fury Moor said:

The game is ok but seems it always goes 2 steps back... Ventures tokens removed from pvp made pvp queue gone for NA/EU + Nerf on half of the rest gold in NA/EU while Korea server gets more gold and materials (what I heard) + Greenstorm guy gone from forum/streams + f2 gone now (even if I don't mind it much)...

We actually get about the same gold now, but I think they do get more upgrade materials. Greenstorm was likely fired along with most of the NCWest employees.

it's pretty funny, when I bumped this thread my comment was deleted with a few hours. But as for actually addressing this issue or other significant issues like mystical keys missing among so many other, we can't wait for weeks or months without ever getting any reply or action being taken #priorities

On 4/14/2023 at 12:31 PM, Oldana said:

Do you guys know where the pics are being saved now, right? Just get the pics from the old folder and put them in the new folder where the game is installed.

And how does that let me view/see what another character looks like?  Looking at another character's chosen self-representation let me see how they viewed themselves -- how they wanted to be viewed.  I have a visual memory, as many do -- while I can remember someone's face in RL, I may have problems remembering their name.

Does anyone know if they removed the character photos in S. Korea as well? 

On 4/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, Grimoir said:

A games rating is one thing, but different countries can have different laws regulating game content (perfect example for it is for example Call of Duty in germany).

Censoring in games is always bound by laws / legal technicalities where the devs / publisher has literally no say in it, it either censor or close up shop and leave.

While I can understand people being upset over it (I have a custom drawn F2 in game that I had comissioned and made by an artist) if they are option to remove this, its 100% likely due to legal pressure from somewhere. and no player outrage will change that if that is the case. Especially since in addition to EU + NA laws, they have to adhere to individual laws in each country the game is published, so it is easier to lump everyone into one cart and make it general rather than for specific regions / countries.

(Personally I dont really care if something is censored or not since it does not affect how I play a game).

Let's believe that the reason is "these laws", yet they had another solution: not letting us upload custom pictures from our PCs, but adding a new screenshot system (because the system we had was too limited and we couldn't be creative or make good pictures) that would allow us to take pictures of our characters with poses, backgrounds, etc, using only the game's resources. I mean, there were so many solutions for this instead of removing F2 profile pictures, but they're too lazy for that anyway...

Edited by Sahphyr