Please remove DUO option from Spectral Shrine easy mode.

Walex

So more way overgeared players can spam chats asking for "help" instead of clearing simple stuff? 🤦‍♂️

Personally I've been clearing Eva HM with ET gear, which is 3 tiers below starcross. And that was what, 3k bap?
Nowadays tons of people with starcross (and some with oculus) ask for help with EM. And that's like 5k bap?

Stop baiting.

Edited by Walex

The issue runs deeper. Because of the gear from soul boost and story being one-shot fiesta new players never learn basic game mechanics and tactics. Truth be told, I don't know every class and spec in the game, but i know the ones I play.

How rarely do you see players using cc, which is the only thing needed for spectral easy, gunners extending breaker, players actually contributing to breaker or using party protection? In random groups almost never. Grabbing is kind of an exception as it got quite famous. But the other stuff?

While in principle I agree that help leeches are annoying, facts are that there's very few ways to actually teach people how to do solo content. Easy/Hard mode DUO should exist for EVERY place, but it shouldn't count for daily/dynamic. There is absolutely a benefit from being able to go in with a friend and *show them* and explain to them how to do something and practice together, so you can see first hand what they're struggling with, and can give them better advice.

It would turn pleas for "help" from carry requests to explanation requests, which is longterm better for everyone, especially now when you can get 3x the necessary gear just from one click in soul boost.

• Like 1

Look at Mr. Bigshot over there... Forgot where he came from or that he was a noob once.

How about making more duo dungeons so players who don't know can be thought.

I would even suggest making Shrouded Normal and Hard duo.

Game is on life support as it is.. lets drive away whatever new players it has left because of a handful of snowflakes that are sad about a few chat spams.

Maybe help them when you see the message? So they don't spam?

And teach them while you're at it.

• Like 2

I came back to the game last month being gone from gaming altogether for about 6 and a half years. 

The initial info you need to know is mind boggling. Yes there is guides but most until you have a taste of whats what do not make sense bar what to keep. 

New people need a slow approach to get their heads around mech and what not. Say I tried to explain clock and flowers mech in Altar(albeit just ST5) as they didn't had enough HP to survive. Well lets just say 1 in 4 will try it. Likely to fail but will do their best to get the hang of it. Some are just slower than others.

If I have time I do help people with Shrine. I mean what is there to whinge about helping people you`re not obliged to? Nakari takes like 3 sec burst anyway. Not like you have to sweat you bottom to help them ...

The biggest shock to newbies is first Circle of Sundering Master hong mech and then Den of the Ancients. Most people(Including me) had quite of enjoyment there. Would I help people there if I could? Why not? 

Ajanara normal is another big step for newbies. Even watching guides didn't help much. It took a person in discord to stream and explain every bit to get the mech working. From there was easy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VeristrA said:

Look at Mr. Bigshot over there... Forgot where he came from or that he was a noob once.

How about making more duo dungeons so players who don't know can be thought.

I would even suggest making Shrouded Normal and Hard duo.

Game is on life support as it is.. lets drive away whatever new players it has left because of a handful of snowflakes that are sad about a few chat spams.

This!
Last year I made Eva on Easy with a friend and we learned the mechanics that way, then I made Normal and Hard. Normal was still easy, but Hard I took a long time even looking at guides, but I managed. I don't mind helping anyone who asks, when I can and have time I help.
I also agree that there should be more dungeons with the duo option.

And another thing, in the last few days I've seen more trolls and cheaters spamming the chat than players asking for duo, and yet it's the players asking for duo that annoy these people. I don't understand... xD 

• Like 2

Chat is also there for that, for players to ask for help when they need it.

You're free to help or not, no one's forcing you.

And there's a universal rule: you will be treated the way you treated people, one day you're gonna be the one in need of help, and i don't think you'd appreciate it if anyone tried to make it hard for you to get that help.

And as Sahphyr mentioned, our chat presents real serious issues like regular trolling from some of us, and also racism, bigotry, misogyny, and insults of all kinds, and at times people talking about their botting / cheating activities or holding any kind of private conversation in public: those are the things we should question, if we care about being a part of a healthier community. 

• Like 4

well, people will always leech since others demand ridiculous stats for regular content. maybe you just misread things since I often rec for Eva EM, simple to help out since that dungeon doesn't reward anything good anymore.

21 hours ago, Pimboli said:

And there's a universal rule: you will be treated the way you treated people,

by that logic I really should start being the villain hence being treated like one anyway

On 2/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, VeristrA said:

Youtube: <exists>
Guides: <exist>

We had to run HM with ET gear so what exactly is stopping those players to run EM (literally easiest
mode which is useless and outdated) with 3-4 tiers of gear more (overgeared as hell) FOR FREE?

Another thing is that solo content is supposed to be an actual solo content.
Idk where did that "let's make one of solo dungeons duo for EM" idea came from.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walex said:

We had to run HM with ET gear so what exactly is stopping those players to run EM (literally easiest
mode which is useless and outdated) with 3-4 tiers of gear more (overgeared as hell) FOR FREE?

Did you see youtube guides and Google Doc guides? They are either slideshows or people not talking or talking in other languages.

I had a few friends tell me how they worked, stood with me while livestreaming so they can explain mechanics... that's how I learned and it was more efficient than watching guides.

More duo dungeons should be made. Monk for once... Normal/Hard should be made duo.. and with personal loot.

No one is stopping you from doing it solo. If people need help they should get help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walex said:

And I still don't understand why it bothers you so much. Nobody forces you to help, you can do the solo whenever you want, the option is there.

"But the guides", I also learned a lot from guides, but in Eva's case I learned most of the mechanics doing EM with a friend, so I support the idea of having more dungeons with a duo option. It won't hurt anyone.

Either way, the game has bigger problems than players with end game gear calling for help with an EM.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VeristrA said:

Did you see youtube guides and Google Doc guides? They are either slideshows or people not talking or talking in other languages.

I had a few friends tell me how they worked, stood with me while livestreaming so they can explain mechanics... that's how I learned and it was more efficient than watching guides.

No one is stopping you from doing it solo. If people need help they should get help.

Yes I've seen Youtube action videos and Google doc guide, and that's how I've

learned and cleared Eva HM with ET gear back then, and farmed brand new stuff.

Nowadays people just refuse to learn (and I don't mean HM, I mean EM, which has tons of hp less) simple stuff while having tons

of free OVERPOWERED gear for this content. But sure, let's add more duo content, let's be babysitters for nohands. What a brilliant idea.

There's a huge difference between "help" and "carry". Help would be when someone's got not enough dps and that causes wipe, but that's not the case.

Seeing all these answers kinda makes me wanna relog on one of my gunslingers and run that dung just to see how easy would it be...

1 hour ago, Walex said:

While at adding things - I'd rather welcome a "solo version" of ET IA BM quests (same as we've got BT VT TT ones long ago).

This is actually a good idea, considering the raids are legitimately dead content and getting rid of all the quests in the quest journal is legit hard. Like, I stopped even doing the "Into the Primeweald" quest on alts because I have to choose between having 1 quest permanently stuck there versus 5.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:37 AM, Walex said:

While at adding things - I'd rather welcome a "solo version" of ET IA BM quests (same as we've got BT VT TT ones long ago).

solo BT. yeah I wonder how youd do that

On 2/19/2023 at 2:52 PM, VeristrA said:

More duo dungeons should be made. Monk for once... Normal/Hard should be made duo.. and with personal loot.

HM Duo? yeah lets pay for my loot. xD

Yes bring more Duo, you do not have to play with randoms. it's YOUR own choice, people have friends to play with and can share the loots either ways and learn mechanics together as a DUO. they could also put personal loots like in demonbane in them and no bidding ( random loots to each member of course ).
Spectral shrine Duo NM-HM

Shrouded Ajanara DUO EM-NM-HM

Sanctum of the masters DUO
Playing solo is on your own volition, no one is tying anyone's hands to force them to be with anyone. but making the game more of its name MassivlyMultiplayer instead of Solo content(with a choice) is highly recommanded
I VOUCH

15 hours ago, Saito Sacchi said:

solo BT. yeah I wonder how youd do that

Or... you can just ignore Walex. He's a special boy. There is 3-4 names that are ignored if not by the whole server, at least by half of it. Name and shame rules prevent me from getting into more details there.

last [forced] duo Amasa/Amayun didn't find much love. Same as Lab. Not much fun when you are forced to play with ppl who refuse to learn/execute mechs or fail them intentionally

2 hours ago, Machence said:

Or... you can just ignore Walex. He's a special boy. There is 3-4 names that are ignored if not by the whole server, at least by half of it. Name and shame rules prevent me from getting into more details there.

Nah he's a fun guy. Not my kind of humor though.