Community Tips and Tricks for New and Returning Players

Green Storm

• NCSOFT

Hi Blade & Soul community!

As I noticed quite a few players who are either new and returning to the game. They have lots of questions or are confused about how the game changed over the past few months or years. So I wanted to create a unique place where everyone can share tips and tricks to help new players know all the systems and returning players understand what important changes were made.

Please be concise, respectful, and on topic (no debate, unless you notice something not being accurate). And remember to abide by the Forums Code of Conduct.

Lastly, I'm currently working on updating the New & Returning Player Guide, so feel free to let me know if you have comments about this article!

Thanks.

• Like 1

The best tip that can be given is to complete the entire story. It'll give a player all the items needed to proceed to later content even if most of it will quickly be replaced by Soul Boost gear.

Unity has a side quest available in Quest Letters (J, then Quest Letters tab) after level 55 I think. It explains the system well enough, but it doesn't explain that the Unity Level is account wide, so all of your characters benefit from it being higher.

Compound has no quest, but basically you put accessories you are not using into it to unlock Rune slots for Etching Stones to be used on. You can't recover any accessories put in, so always triple check it's one you're not going to use, or has been replaced already by a stronger accessory. There's special Hongmoon Accessories with no stats that are for this that you can put in as well.

• Like 1

My tip is for gameplay:

There are many solo dungeons in the game, each increasing in difficulty. You can learn your character and game mechanics by doing them. You can even try the first few while leveling up, because some of them are lower level contents.

Low level (45-60) solos are in Musin tower (you have to do the "calling of the naryu sage" quest in your J - quest letters menu to unlock some of them. The quest is easy, you just talk to the guy)
- Mushin tower floors 1-8

- Mushin tower floors 9-15

- Mushin tower floors 16-20

- Outlaw island (you need to do the "blackram battle royal" quest in your J - quest letters menu)

Higher level solos are in Ajanara Monastery

- Circle of Sundering

- Den of the Ancients

- Spectral Shrine

- Shrouded Ajanara

These need more dps than the previous ones, but a character who completed the soul boost is able to do Spectral shrine hard mode, and even get the untouchable achivement.

They have complex mechanics. If you want, you can figure them out on your own, but there are many guides that can help you.

Also, there is an odd solo dungeon in Ajanara Monastery too

- Sanctum of the Masters

It has easy, normal and hard modes. It's just a horde mode, but with a twist: our healing is decreased. It gives useful insignias, so do it every day. It has auto-combat built in, so you don't have to kill trash mobs for 10 minutes if you don't want to. You can activate auto-combat with shift+f4 by default.

tl:dr: Do solo dungeons, they will make you a better player. Also, they are fun. GL

• Like 1

My own personal starter/returning player guide for Blade and Soul.

I wrote a starter guide covering gear progression, systems, basic gameplay, and a glossary covering the community terminology.
For five quick tips:

• Finish story completely before doing anything else. Act 11 gives a lot of gear.
  • Complete Soul Boost. This accelerates your early game gear progression.
  • Check the Dragon Express (fifth icon from the left at the bottom of your inventory)->Solar Energy Tab (second from the left) for 3x Celestial Forgestones and 1x Thornbreaker Forgestone. This will give you access to a fast-tracked upgrade route for your weapon. You will need to click on the Forgestone in the upgrade menu to use them though.
  • Pace yourself. Completed Soul Boost gears you enough for most of the active content in the game. There's no need to rush to max gear.
  • All gear is important. Don't hyperfocus on gems, weapon, or AP. Accessories, Soul Shields, and Badges also have important roles to play in gearing.

As for the current NCSoft starter guide:

• Dungeons and Raids should cover Demonsbane dungeons as well. The tips are pretty much all out of date. 4-man and 6-man Heroic dungeons can fall under the same category, with the tip that they drop Skystealer Accessories, while Demonsbane drops Starcross Accessories and True Poharan Soul Shields.
  • Equipment info's stat breakdowns do not appear to be information most of the playerbase would consider. This section can be removed.
  • Shrouded Ajanara should be added to the Solo Dungeon list
  • Heroic Dungeon list needs to be completely revamped to reflect the current roster and rewards of Substratum, Aerodrome, Forest of Echoes, Ransacked Treasury, Ebondrake Lair, and Starstone Mines
  • Add Demonsbane Dungeon list and rewards
  • Remove from the "Others" section the following instances due to a lack of relevance and activity: Tower of Infinity, Midnight Skypetal Plains, Ebon Realm, and The Primeweald.
  • Like 1

I have several guides for Spanish speakers for newcomers on my YouTube channel, look for it as blade and soul in Spanish, I don't put the name to avoid spam.

Yo tengo varias guías para los de habla hispana para los nuevos en mi canal de youtube, busquenlo como blade and soul en español, no pongo el nombre para no hacer spam.

Edited by chilegamerz
  • Thanks 1

Just sharing this since i've seen quite a few missing out on this. Enchanting Heart/Soul/Pet atm to +14 before doing the final upgrade to "max stage" will save a lot of gold or time. You will obtain +16 max after the final upgrade doing it this way. It's 25% chance for 12-13 and 13-14 with old system and also lose 1-2 levels (depending how high + atm) if fail. But it's cheap to try it compared to using 13 or more sacred vials per attempt with 4% and later on 2% chance (+10-16). Even with the pity system. Only took soul as example heart and rest have different amount of mats and % chance. And reaching above +15 Max Heart/Soul is a huge advantage since you obtain extra stat. 3000 Debuff damage or less / 10% Mystic Damage or less / 1-3% crit rate (one of those you can obtain). Anyway i hope this can help ^^

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, macoi said:

as a returning player now.. how to find parties the f8 is a ghost town..

Noone uses F8 anymore.

Just write in faction chat, As long as you are in the populated faction ofcourse.

Crimson for EU and Cerulean for NA

If you are just starting out, here are some tips.

1.- finish the yellow quests (as far as they go)
2.- Finish all purple quests.
3.- finish all the orange quests (also as far as they go)

later when you have all this ready it will be lvl 60, tips for after lvl 60.

0.- Do the Soul Boost out of obligation since that will help you advance
1-. do the (daily challenge)
2.- does the (weekly challenge)
3.- It is recruited in the faction chats (light blue color) or in the world chat, not in F8 as it was before.
4.- and do all the events that come out

For that I recommend that you read the patch notes on the official page in the news area.

[Spanish content removed]

• Like 1