Is it really bad that hm coins rewards have been removed from pvp?

I have been reading posts expressing frustration with the removal of hongmoon coin rewards from the pvp side of the game for a while now.

In my opinion they did well, the pvp should be fun first of all, I'm sorry to see the empty battleground every day, but if this can serve to clean up the cheaters and the hateful practice of continually logging in non-main characters not well equipped so be it .

What I see as a player is that Blade and Soul is completely renewing itself, as if to find a new starting point both in the mechanics and in the user base, bringing them all more or less at the same level of gear. So I hope this renewal also affects pvp: I'm waiting for the best.

2 hours ago, Ioseppo TiLtEbUg said:

I have been reading posts expressing frustration with the removal of hongmoon coin rewards from the pvp side of the game for a while now.

In my opinion they did well, the pvp should be fun first of all, I'm sorry to see the empty battleground every day, but if this can serve to clean up the cheaters and the hateful practice of continually logging in non-main characters not well equipped so be it .

What I see as a player is that Blade and Soul is completely renewing itself, as if to find a new starting point both in the mechanics and in the user base, bringing them all more or less at the same level of gear. So I hope this renewal also affects pvp: I'm waiting for the best.

You think it's a good change that the entire PvP scene has essentially disappeared because it stops a few cheaters from earning some extra HM coins?  There are ways to address cheating that doesn't completely nuke the rewards.  And sadly it doesn't just affect 6v6 battlegrounds, it's also made it extremely difficult to find arena matches, which was the reason I logged in to play.  This has nothing to do with renewing Blade and Soul, it was a method taken by the developers to reduce the available HM coin supply given to players to promote NC coin purchase.  It's really as simple as that, though I expect they didn't calculate it would completely end the ability for anyone to 6v6, and so I imagine they will eventually revisit this decision or improve the rewards earned at some point.  Even if they some day fix these issues, there's just no guarantee that PvP players will return.  I guess I'll just hope by then that enough players interested in PvP haven't moved on to other games yet.

Dont have a problem with this at all. I realy loved the battlegrounds. But stopped 1.5 year ago, due to allmost everyone was speedhacking/gct editing and wintrading. I tried again a few months ago, but it had only gone worse. I saw Flying hacks and that did it for me to never wanting to enter a battleground again.

I dont mind ppl inproving some QOL stuff with the game, but those twats dont belong in a battlefield. There talent and hard farming your equipment is the only way.

7 hours ago, shpan said:

You think it's a good change that the entire PvP scene has essentially disappeared because it stops a few cheaters from earning some extra HM coins?  There are ways to address cheating that doesn't completely nuke the rewards.  And sadly it doesn't just affect 6v6 battlegrounds, it's also made it extremely difficult to find arena matches, which was the reason I logged in to play.  This has nothing to do with renewing Blade and Soul, it was a method taken by the developers to reduce the available HM coin supply given to players to promote NC coin purchase.  It's really as simple as that, though I expect they didn't calculate it would completely end the ability for anyone to 6v6, and so I imagine they will eventually revisit this decision or improve the rewards earned at some point.  Even if they some day fix these issues, there's just no guarantee that PvP players will return.  I guess I'll just hope by then that enough players interested in PvP haven't moved on to other games yet.

Claiming that NCSoft removed the rewards to save seems to me inaccurate, since the rewards in hmcoins have not been removed, but have simply been moved to the demonsbane rankings.

Do you still enjoy yourself knowing that the only thing that drives players to pvp is to make money?

On 3/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, Ioseppo TiLt3bUg said:

Claiming that NCSoft removed the rewards to save seems to me inaccurate, since the rewards in hmcoins have not been removed, but have simply been moved to the demonsbane rankings.

Ok i havent looked that much into it since i dont care about pve but to my knowledge only top 100 gets hm coins. Which means a huge ammount of HM coins is now missing out of the game. Also to even have a chance of getting HM coins now you need alot of pve gear forcing you into PVE yet again which forces you to pay $$$ to somewhat keep up.

I am sure its not the whole reason why NC removed it but its part of it. Less Hm coins = more need for Ncoin.

We can only speculate but my guess was players keept asking NC to ban cheaters and wintraders but they refused after years people started to accept the only way NC will do something is by removing HM coins making the Gamemode useless for wintraders and cheaters. Thats why they finally thought "now is the time to get rid of them".

On 3/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, Ioseppo TiLt3bUg said:

Do you still enjoy yourself knowing that the only thing that drives players to pvp is to make money?

There are people that enjoyed PVP for what it was but couldnt get themselve to love this mode after 2018 when support essentially droped completly.

Most people that still played legit left the game cause they knew its not possible to get top ranking spots simply cause people will wintrade in the last night.

Just one example NC didnt think it was needed to ban or atleast remove the player:

There was a Warlock magically getting to diamond rank (no one else managed Diamond in the whole season) in the last night in a time the que ended to be active at 1600 and was completly dead at 1750 with a class that can lose to a silver Blade master in a game were Blade master is the most encountered class.

How can you compete with Diamond when you cant reach further than 1800 in a legit way ? Thats what killed PVP.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:48 PM, Ioseppo TiLt3bUg said:

That's a ridiculous statement, people enjoy PvP for different reasons, but you need multiple lobbies of atleast 12 people to have a thriving PvP scene during the queue times.

I loved 6v6, I didn't cheat, and I rarely earned any HMC each season as a F2P player.  There were plenty of people like me, (you would know that if you ever bothered to check the past 6v6 leaderboards), but rewards are a major part of MMOs.  I don't need rewards to enjoy PvP, but I know progression is a massive motivator for many MMO players, so I can understand their position.  You can combine this with the reality that BNS player numbers are likely declining and you have an unfortunate recipe for low PvP participation.

I'd love to see which content you personally would stop doing if it offered zero valuable rewards to you, I think I can safely assume like most people that rewards are an important motivator for you.  We should expect the same gameplay experiences for people that enjoy a wide range of content in this game and any MMO.  I want the PvE players to enjoy valuable rewards as well, and it's a shame your dislike of PvP prevents you from wanting others to benefit from what they enjoy.

On 3/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, Ioseppo TiLt3bUg said:

but if this can serve to clean up the cheaters and the hateful practice of continually logging in non-main characters not well equipped so be it .

That's like starting a war to bring peace and union.

It doesn't stop the cheaters and leeches: they just move to something/somewhere else.

he pvp should be fun first of all

Shouldn't PVE be fun first of all???

What I see as a player is that Blade and Soul is completely renewing itself, as if to find a new starting point both in the mechanics and in the user base

And the new stuff they bring is a dungeon that exists since before 2016, but now the same girl with a minigun wears a tiny dress.
Oh, and there's a lot less to walk in it as well...

They even brought the bugs that exist in Outlaw Island and Blackram Supply Chain!

Such new and refreshing content...

The only thing they did was apply a worse version of the Mexico filter.

• Like 1

I rather have a cheat infested bg than a dead mode , pvp was always active because of hm coin, pve was active because of event rewards, if they remove event tokens from dc those modes are going to be dead, reason why every event tie it in ...something needs to hold the players there.

you talking about cheat when pve has more cheaters than pvp , people auto combat, gcd,speedhack, skip mobs and multi client thats just how it is ...

nobody forcing you to play bg, so you won't be affected.

The game dying because all the veterans are leaving the game, because pvp was a big thing early bns .

Since bg died, i see people who played the game from day one quit.

Only new people complain about cheaters cause everybody can be outplayed,regardless.

half bns population now don't even know what a tab escape is....and get stun lock and say cheat,because they run into arena simple mode boss fight.

they making pvp irrelevant so people don't fall and learn. 

bns has one of the best combat system of any game right now but sadly its being wasted on simple mode same set of skill rotation 24/7.

people dont switch skills and learn what the others do, veterans know because back then you had to learn the class in full.

i will quit one day sadly, pve is not my cup tea and its all i can do ....watching all all friends leave the game is really frustrating.

i see people in chat begging to find friends because of the log in, run train and log off style of this game.

open world dead and pvp dead......

Blackrym was the best day of bns and no it wasn't about the boss fight ,it was people interacting with people having fun fighting each other .

these days fraction had meaning but it will never be like this

heres a video

if you can find ppl to do dragon , pvp can find ppl.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, Cupidstar said:

They even brought the bugs that exist in Outlaw Island and Blackram Supply Chain!

And what bugs are those that you are talking about? I have yet to run into any problems doing Chaos Supply Chain. Of course, you have proven in the past that you don't know what a bug even is (such as skill changes, because it is utterly absurd to think that we wouldn't get a skill patch from KR), so I doubt there is any significant issues at all.

On 3/26/2022 at 4:57 PM, Miggy Miggs said:

I rather have a cheat infested bg than a dead mode

Our view differ here i guess. I used to love PVP and tryed real hard to get the top 5 outfit. I didnt care about HM coins i got enough anyway cause of 12 chars in ranking but i usually couldnt reach top 5 even tho i knew i was atleast the third best player of my class in EU. Simply cause there are players that wintraded multiple chars up there at the end of season.

So the goal a PVP Player should have was long unobtainable and no actions from NCwest even with video evidence.

pvp was always active because of hm coin

It was not. We had like 3 people at max in que below gold sometimes even less and alot of time atleast one of them was a wintrader usually belonging in Plat but playing down there to get rating for his other chars. I am not allowed to write names but i could write several.

pve was active because of event rewards, if they remove event tokens from dc those modes are going to be dead

I dont think so. When i still played PVE i didnt care about events i just did the DC cause i felt like thats the right thing to do and i got scales etc.
I think i am not the only one but yeah popularity would drop alot. The difference here is there is still a reason to do DC while there is none for PVP.

you talking about cheat when pve has more cheaters than pvp , people auto combat, gcd,speedhack, skip mobs and multi client thats just how it is ...

Does this make it ok to cheat in PVP ? i mean yeah most cheats are a disadvantage in pvp but some are gamebreaking.

Since bg died, i see people who played the game from day one quit.

Lost ark does play a big role too probably.

Only new people complain about cheaters cause everybody can be outplayed,regardless.

Only new players complain cause they dont know yet that the company behind this game is allowing it. You can even go to support and ask for help with your speedhack. Its unlikely they ban you. Worst case they tell you its not allowed but dont care enough to see if you really cheat.

7 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

And what bugs are those that you are talking about?

Mobs locked into inaccessible areas and visual bugs on their skills.

Start reading from there.

I have yet to run into any problems doing Chaos Supply Chain.

Not all bugs are problems.

Of course, you have proven in the past that you don't know what a bug even is (such as skill changes, because it is utterly absurd to think that we wouldn't get a skill patch from KR), so I doubt there is any significant issues at all.

Your name is fitting for your toxic attitude.

I've shown you I know very well what a bug is.

You just shown me you don't, by saying you haven't ran into any problems.

I never said there were any problems in there.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:59 AM, PervertedLyn said:

Our view differ here i guess. I used to love PVP and tryed real hard to get the top 5 outfit. I didnt care about HM coins i got enough anyway cause of 12 chars in ranking but i usually couldnt reach top 5 even tho i knew i was atleast the third best player of my class in EU. Simply cause there are players that wintraded multiple chars up there at the end of season.

So the goal a PVP Player should have was long unobtainable and no actions from NCwest even with video evidence.

It was not. We had like 3 people at max in que below gold sometimes even less and alot of time atleast one of them was a wintrader usually belonging in Plat but playing down there to get rating for his other chars. I am not allowed to write names but i could write several.

I dont think so. When i still played PVE i didnt care about events i just did the DC cause i felt like thats the right thing to do and i got scales etc.
I think i am not the only one but yeah popularity would drop alot. The difference here is there is still a reason to do DC while there is none for PVP.

Does this make it ok to cheat in PVP ? i mean yeah most cheats are a disadvantage in pvp but some are gamebreaking.

Lost ark does play a big role too probably.

Only new players complain cause they dont know yet that the company behind this game is allowing it. You can even go to support and ask for help with your speedhack. Its unlikely they ban you. Worst case they tell you its not allowed but dont care enough to see if you really cheat.

The only game breaking hack in pvp bg ... is speedhack, you have to understand that every class as a counter class.

I reached top 20 in bg before, numerous of times on my alts with no gear, it all comes down to the class your'e using. Some class are more overpowered than some,so some classes rank board are harder to climb up....deciding buff can give you a gold medal or silver medal ez with 2 or more consecutive wins. if you think cheats have a big advantage over the class match ups then you are dead wrong.

having wardens and destro means strong def no way your winning unless you have some overpowered range classes like wl.

also just because top 5 is there doesn't mean you will reach it , you have to accept that the chance of someone else being better than you is really high.regardless of how many characters they have on the board you're just no better.

see its literally ez to get top 5 in arena now , its what you wanted.....if you get a match at bronze level that is....and when u hit gold i hope the mats you get after 1 month not even worth selling is worth it  in the end.

sometimes people who don't give a dam about a mode ends up talking the most smack ruining it for everyone else, if it not for you its not for you, and thats ok.

if you dont have veteran knowledge of pvp or in dept knowledge of pvp that is, know  how every class works in pvp , no way you getting that win.

Ping, if you have high ping, or a trash pc ( loading time) your chances go down even further.

why you think bns makes every event about daily ???? it obviously to keep them active ... reason why soul boost has 21 runs of each dungeon , spamming that on all your alts makes f8 very busy .

people are not running weekly to get the dynamic and the quest gold....its literally for the weekly reward.

i completed my soul boost the other day after so long ,it was a real pain but i got thru it......and now i dont even look at daily challenge.

its boring and boss dies in seconds ...rewards are garbage.

i only log on these days to spam supply chain and log off.

what bns did was literally this in a nutshell....

BNS :too many criminals on the streets , lets do a lock down .....

Good people (suffers)

A RANDOM PERSON (You): i dont like the lock down but it keeps the criminals off the streets.

2 minutes ago, Miggy Miggs said:

BNS :too many criminals on the streets , lets do a lock down .....

Good people (suffers)

A RANDOM PERSON (You): i dont like the lock down but it keeps the criminals off the streets.

Yup, that sums it up!

49 minutes ago, Miggy Miggs said:

The only game breaking hack in pvp bg ... is speedhack, you have to understand that every class as a counter class.

I am not just talking about BG. I mainly talk about 1v1 since the removal of HM coins hurt it the most.

Also as ive mentioned most cheats are a disadvantage like insta tab. Well i dont have to outplay my enemy anymore if he uses that. But the gamebreaking stuff is:
1. Speedhack

2. Fly Hack (you can stay in air 24/7 and attack but enemy cant).

3. Wintrade (I consider it a cheat cause you use multiple clients to do that)

Thoose are just the worst 3 i can think of right now.

I reached top 20 in bg before, numerous of times on my alts with no gear

Well yeah same here i also reached top 5 in BG that way. That is not the issue. The whole reason they were removed is the wintrade which btw also started to happen in 6v6.

if you think cheats have a big advantage over the class match ups then you are dead wrong.

Well first off i wrote cheats are usually a disadvantage in pvp and 2nd yeah cheats can have a big advantage. I am thinking about the fly hack. Astro for example just hovers in air while kfm for example can only watch you and die they dont have abilitys to get you down.

also just because top 5 is there doesn't mean you will reach it , you have to accept that the chance of someone else being better than you is really high.regardless of how many characters they have on the board you're just no better.

Dude i know who is legit and who is not and at the time i actively played pvp we had 3 people of my class and the others was 1 russian guy wintrading himselfe up there. I am totally honest in how good or bad i am. For example Nagisa Yuki is way better than me and he deserved to be rank 1 or atleast 2.

You might think i am just stupid and accuse people of wintrading but isnt it suspicious to have people magically getting 2000 elo on last night in a game the que stops at around 1700 at best ? Or i think you are in NA how does this one Soul fighter get Diamond in NA which has even less players than EU ?

see its literally ez to get top 5 in arena now , its what you wanted.

Yeah but no competition. What i wanted was a legit competition for top 5 and not a handfull of players with their 69 accounts wintrading themselfe at the last week to get the hm coins they can sell for roubles. it was really fun playing against Apfel, Nagisa, Ill. I usually lost against thoose but it was fun.

Also when i asked for the removal of hm coins i asked specifically for it in arena and to give us alternative stuff we can earn with similar worth. But well you saw what they did.

sometimes people who don't give a dam about a mode ends up talking the most smack ruining it for everyone else, if it not for you its not for you, and thats ok.

I loved PVE for 5 years, i loved PVP for 4 years. UE4 destroyed PVE for me and the Wintraders destroyed PVP for me. PVE is a lost cause for me so i stoped complaining but pvp just give us great rewards or sponsor some pvp tourneys and its easily revived but no interest at NCwest.

if you dont have veteran knowledge of pvp or in dept knowledge of pvp that is, know  how every class works in pvp , no way you getting that win.

Thats what the last community tourney was for. We had a toruney with participants that didnt have veteran knowledge only newcomers or people that were considered non pvp players were allowed. Thoose with veteran knowledge were the teachers for them. If your student won you got part of the price.

NCwest didnt show any interest in this either. Its litterly the only possible way to revive pvp. All NCwest would have had to do is offer some kind of rewards like some Ncoin. Its not like investing 200€ worth of ncoin will hurt them.

why you think bns makes every event about daily ???? it obviously to keep them active ... reason why soul boost has 21 runs of each dungeon , spamming that on all your alts makes f8 very busy .

I stop argueing about that since i stoped with pve months ago was just writing about the past.

3 minutes ago, PervertedLyn said:

3. Wintrade (I consider it a cheat cause you use multiple clients to do that)

You know that there's one thing called "multiple computers", right?

Just put an account on a disgusting laptop and login with your main on your ultra beefy pc.

Or just use virtual machines (with caveats).

3 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

You know that there's one thing called "multiple computers", right?

Do you know how wintrading works ? Its possible with multiple computers but its not likely anyone does it like that cause you would need atleast 3 Computers standing next to each other so you can press LFP fast enough. But with just 3 its gonna take ages.

3 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Or just use virtual machines (with caveats).

No one would be doing this for BNS if we can just open another instance of the game.