Anti-cheat and punishments for cheating

DyoxEvo

Hello, so here at https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/252470-anti-cheat-system-development-in-progress/?tab=comments#comment-2096874 it says that there is anti-cheat system development in progress, it has been about two months, is it going to be released anytime soon @Hime?

Another thing that is so messed up in my point of view, a few cheaters got banned for botting in the instance Spectral Shrine, but I mean can it even be considered a punishment? From what I have seen at least most that got banned got banned only for a few days and the experience and items earned through botting was not removed, in a way you have two or three strikes before you get an actual (permanent) ban (or whatever ncsoft wants), and on top of that rather than dealing with the problem completely ncsoft just nerfed the experience earned, does not make sense to me, if you want to stop cheaters you need permanent ban not "vacations".

Now in The Aerodrome there is cheaters using speedhack, doing impossible skill counts, possibly using "gravity", "jump" cheats, are those cheaters even going to get banned? And if they are, are they going to lose the experience and items gained through cheating? One can report but at the end of the day it is not like a player can check if there is cheating or not inside the instance.

A suggestion, make cheating permanently bannable rather than a  two, three, four counts kind of thing.

Edited by DyoxEvo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, DyoxEvo said:

anti-cheat system development in progress

They announced that they were working on UE4 in a letter saying "Beyond 2018 we will start the process to move the game into UE4"

and UE4 got released in 2021.

Now i know Covid stuff happent and that might have delayed UE4 quite a bit.

But that can at least give you a rough estimate of how long it is between Announcement and implementation into the game

If you think anti-cheat will solve that, you're wrong.

All those things that you say can be validated server-side, but nothing is being done to address that...

Without using anti-cheat, and with server-side validation of the gravity values and z-position, you can stop cheating easily.

And with realistic skill count validations, you effectively removed macros from the game as well.

Everything you need from an anti-cheat can be done in a few days, maybe weeks, on the server.

Or NCSoft can roll it's own and just have a broken flawed system that will be overridden in no time because it causes performance and usability issues.

Remember Gameguard and Xigncode3???

YOU WANT THOSE BACK?

Xigncode3 was such a huge mess that, to this day, we still have issues with it, despite it not existing in the game anymore.

Anytime you are kicked from the game for "using 3rd party applications" is thanks to Xigncode3.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Am 21.11.2021 um 22:11 schrieb DyoxEvo:

Now in The Aerodrome there is cheaters using speedhack, doing impossible skill counts.

Uhm, I don’t know if you know, but it’s perfectly possible to get these counts vanilla by just using macros and I’ll tell you what, the day NCSoft decides to punish macros is the day this game will die.

EVERY game allows macros, they are an integral part of mmo games.

you the human, can’t press buttons fast enough for the contents. So of course you use a macro, just as Quality of Life.

not talking about modifying anything. It’s literally just Razer Synapse, Logitech G Software or xMouse (or other similar tools that come with your HID).

So you have multiple keys with just one button. That’s a macro.

and btw the only real reason you buy a Razer, Logitech, Roccat or whatnot is for the use of Macros especially true is that for Razer, as Synapse is the best Macro Tool.

Edited by ThunderDex

On 11/25/2021 at 1:02 AM, Cupidstar said:

If you think anti-cheat will solve that, you're wrong.

All those things that you say can be validated server-side, but nothing is being done to address that...

Without using anti-cheat, and with server-side validation of the gravity values and z-position, you can stop cheating easily.

And with realistic skill count validations, you effectively removed macros from the game as well.

Everything you need from an anti-cheat can be done in a few days, maybe weeks, on the server.

Or NCSoft can roll it's own and just have a broken flawed system that will be overridden in no time because it causes performance and usability issues.

Remember Gameguard and Xigncode3???

YOU WANT THOSE BACK?

Xigncode3 was such a huge mess that, to this day, we still have issues with it, despite it not existing in the game anymore.

Anytime you are kicked from the game for "using 3rd party applications" is thanks to Xigncode3.

I do agree that it can be done server-side and I think it is the proper thing to do (because there is no way around it client-side, as far as I know regarding that), though I did not explain it on this post in particular.

I did not have the experience that you had with those anti-cheats you mention, but obviously I do not want something that does not work properly and makes the game worse.

22 hours ago, ThunderDex said:

Uhm, I don’t know if you know, but it’s perfectly possible to get these counts vanilla by just using macros and I’ll tell you what, the day NCSoft decides to punish macros is the day this game will die.

EVERY game allows macros, they are an integral part of mmo games.

you the human, can’t press buttons fast enough for the contents. So of course you use a macro, just as Quality of Life.

not talking about modifying anything. It’s literally just Razer Synapse, Logitech G Software or xMouse (or other similar tools that come with your HID).

So you have multiple keys with just one button. That’s a macro.

and btw the only real reason you buy a Razer, Logitech, Roccat or whatnot is for the use of Macros especially true is that for Razer, as Synapse is the best Macro Tool.

Certainly a macro can help to reach the best possible counts within the limit of legitimate counts, but I am not talking about that, I am talking about gcd/xml stuff that is used to do counts above the max counts you can get legitimately.

4 hours ago, Kicsiduda said:

We either want x-mouse back or customisable simple mode please 

Of all the things they went after it was X-mouse xD this is fine.... 
But blade and soul should really consider working on a customizable skill bar / simple mode I think this would be a more effective way to counter xml's then right now. 

• Like 2