HEY NC, IN CASE U MISSED IT DOZENS ARE NOW BOTTING EVA

Tufa

On 11/22/2021 at 1:45 AM, CrazyDude90 said:

This is not a double-edged sword. It is simply forbidden. But I agree with everyone who says that something should be done about it. So improvements should be made to the game. 

This "gcd edit" is pure cheating and i won't understand the players who use their ping as an excuse to use something like that. Generally speaking.

I have to disagree with you there.
The first XML change I can think of that directly contradicts your statement would be (for example) with the Summoner. More precisely earth summoner.
Here, priorities are changed and this allows you to use the "Sunburst" talent, which allows you to use skills at the same time that you can't use otherwise. This results in a damage increase of about 15-20%. Which in turn also fills the "breaker bar" in the actual content faster, because the needed skill (Q) is faster ready again, etc...etc.... And since that's not possible normally it's just not possible for every mid-range player to imitate this without the said modifications.

There are so many "simple mode edits" i could list here that clearly contradict your statement. And that applies to every class.

You're only talking about the people that abuse the features...
GCD Editing is cheating as it's hardcoded and only modifiable via 3rd party tools.
But disabling Global GCD should be an ingame option as it is for W@W and other popular MMORPG that has it implemented.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:22 PM, Kogaruh said:

You're only talking about the people that abuse the features...
GCD Editing is cheating as it's hardcoded and only modifiable via 3rd party tools.
But disabling Global GCD should be an ingame option as it is for W@W and other popular MMORPG that has it implemented.

Uhhh...no. No MMORPG to my knowledge has a means to disable GCD. I played WoW very recently and it has no such option, nor does FF14 another popular MMO.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 3:40 PM, LynMasterRace said:

Uhhh...no. No MMORPG to my knowledge has a means to disable GCD. I played WoW very recently and it has no such option, nor does FF14 another popular MMO.

Looked it up, apparently they removed GCD from settings because some skills no longer used it.
As for ff14, there's skills like "Speed" to remove CD from the GCD on weapon skills and such.
FF14 never had the option for it. But always were implemented into the game.

1 hour ago, Kogaruh said:

Looked it up, apparently they removed GCD from settings because some skills no longer used it.
As for ff14, there's skills like "Speed" to remove CD from the GCD on weapon skills and such.

I cannot speak for FFXIV since I do not play it or follow it.

World of Warcraft still uses GCD, I don't know where you got your information from. It is not something you can tinker with in the settings. The decision to remove or adjust GCD from certain "Items" (Like Trinkets) and "Skills" is made by developer and never is in the hands of an individual player, and this is done through smaller patches within a season of an expansion based on player feedback and testing.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:09 AM, Kogaruh said:

There is a massive difference behind 'this class has an ability to reduce GCD briefly' and 'a player edited the files to reduce it'. And WoW has ALWAYS HAD GCD, and NEVER HAD A OPTION TO EVER CHANGE OR DISABLE IT. The developers changing it is also NOT EQUAL to a player tinkering with files.

• 3 weeks later...

I never stated that it's not cheating to tinker with skill gcd.

It is unfair to modify these values because they should be the same for everyone.
As for global cool down (actual gcd) should be a setting because high ping players will have higher advantage than low ping because the gcd doesn't match the users ping. Therefore hitting bigger skill delay than high ping players. GCD is set as 150ms by default (and was once modifiable via xml before) but now hardcoded as 150.
Players with 180ms~ ingame could cast skills faster than 60ms players. since gcd adds delay to match gcd

but if higher ping player is above gcd. there isn't any added delays. Therefore hitting skills faster. 

Fairly simple system. but not optimized properly.
You can disable the GCD via xml. (recommended if ingame ping is lower than 100)
or keep it on when ping is higher as it auto adjusts to your ping as well. 
It should adjust below 100 which it isn't. And that's already a big flaw.