Extend the Call to Arms Event

DonLegend

It would be great if the event could get extended for 1 more week because it's one of the main reasons me and my friends came back to the game but we knew about it late because nothing about it was mentioned in the newsletter and it's a great chance for new and returning players to catch up a bit.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

Why would they extend it when they are selling it to you?

jmrEng5.png

20€ for the keys 2 to 6

30€ for the keys 7 to 12

Maybe because some are f2p and play casual? I finished mine for my alt, but could understand other players jumping into the game later on the event. 

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's so meant for Free to Play...

No, it was to entice people into returning to the game.

NCSoft and NCWest are companies, not charities.

They exist to make money for Tencent, not to cater to the Free to Play players.

It is SO Free to Play that a part of it is 100% DPS locked.

Which only whales or people who play 24/7 for years can achieve.
With this event's gear, you can't do much more than the 3rd phase of the Iron Conqueror.

Oh, and the amazing Wonder Ascension stone chests!
You can only get enough to buy 3 if you are premium.

Soooo Free to Play friendly...

Oh, and it is SOOOOOOO Free to Play that it is on sale for 50€ for the entire event!

Do I really need to spell it out any better?

The events are what makes it very f2p friendly like cta, candy event (these two were prob the best ones). The problem is that these are rare and if you miss out, it is very expensive to gear up. I don't choose sides, but some parts of ncwest are nice to f2p players. The keys in the hongmoon store are very wrong and shouldn't even be there. Ncwest does try, but on short terms bases sadly.

Edited by Yunilesca

12 minutes ago, Yunilesca said:

The events are what makes it very f2p friendly like cta, candy event (these two were prob the best ones). The problem is that these are rare and if you miss out, it is very expensive to gear up. I don't choose sides, but some parts of ncwest are nice to f2p players. The keys in the hongmoon store are very wrong and shouldn't even be there. Ncwest does try, but on short terms bases sadly.

They will not extend the event. They never did and never do. The bundles in the hongmoon store are there so people that join the event late can still complete it by paying if they choose to.

So sad, i would be great if they do hahaha  i know so many that can't afford it these bundles and some that just found some time to play the game and sadly that time is nothing when you try to find a party, some are quick runs but other times is a pain and then you time is gone and you did only  200 martial remnant  so yeah it would be great if they extend it for at least one week. but like some say it already it wont happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

They never did and never do.

They actually extended an event a long time ago, by a week, because they had to delay a patch.

Seeing the state at which UE4 was launched, it's very possible the event could be extended due to the next patch being really bad.

So, if you want Call for Arms to be extended, you can wish upon a star that the patch is delayed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yunilesca said:

The events are what makes it very f2p friendly like cta, candy event (these two were prob the best ones).

I know...

The problem is that these are rare and if you miss out, it is very expensive to gear up.

That's the point of those events...

The keys in the hongmoon store are very wrong and shouldn't even be there.

I disagree.

They should be there AFTER the event ends, but not at 50€ the complete set.

It should be at 15€ maximum, and that's already too expensive.

Ncwest does try, but on short terms bases sadly.

Yes, they try and succeed at milking, meanwhile the game is in a really rough state.

New players are met with lots of game-breaking bugs, lots and lots of underhanded changes were made without a single note in the patch notes.

Lots of bugs that were probably already fixed in Korea, but we got them anyway.

Oh, and bugs that exist since 2016 are still present in the game!

If you mean that they try to be helpful to Free to Play, I disagree...

You can say "but the whales pay so the Free to Play don't".

Ok, good point, but what about not having pay-to-win gear and events at all to begin?

And just do what people have suggested for a LOOOOOOOOONG TIME: make more outfits available in F10.

I know some people wouldn't even blink and would just spend the cash if they saw a certain outfit in there.

I'm sure the game could survive tremendously well with just properly managing outfit sales.

18 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's so meant for Free to Play...

No, it was to entice people into returning to the game.

NCSoft and NCWest are companies, not charities.

They exist to make money for Tencent, not to cater to the Free to Play players.

It is SO Free to Play that a part of it is 100% DPS locked.

Which only whales or people who play 24/7 for years can achieve.
With this event's gear, you can't do much more than the 3rd phase of the Iron Conqueror.

Oh, and the amazing Wonder Ascension stone chests!
You can only get enough to buy 3 if you are premium.

Soooo Free to Play friendly...

Oh, and it is SOOOOOOO Free to Play that it is on sale for 50€ for the entire event!

Do I really need to spell it out any better?

So much is wrong with this post. The Soul Arena event does not provide any significant progression, so it doesn't matter what stage you can get to. It's mostly for fun and a few transformation stones.

Premium can only get 2 Wonder Ascension Stone Chests...unless the purchases for them stay after maint, plus Call to Arms gave one already anyways. Some smaller events the Dragon Express shop vanishes right away.

They've also always sold Call to Arms keys near the end of C2A, and it's only for people that failed to start the event on time or cannot otherwise complete it.

2 minutes ago, LynMasterRace said:

So much is wrong with this post. The Soul Arena event does not provide any significant progression, so it doesn't matter what stage you can get to. It's mostly for fun and a few transformation stones.

Still DPS-locked...

You can't deny that!

3 minutes ago, LynMasterRace said:

Premium can only get 2 Wonder Ascension Stone Chests...unless the purchases for them stay after maint, plus Call to Arms gave one already anyways. Some smaller events the Dragon Express shop vanishes right away.

Afz8yLW.png

Lets do some math ...

Premium can get 10 a day, free to play only get 6.

cW3SyWR.png

The chest costs an unreadable amount, because NCSoft still hasn't fixed this...

I've zoomed in and it seems to be 55:

eXKYURg.png

This means that 3 boxes = 165

Now, lets do some math!

We started getting these on the 22nd September, and we supposedly will get until 5th October.
Google says 13 days. But you can get 14 days worth.

14 days * 10 "Guiding Star" a day = 140.

So, you're right, and I was wrong. Premium won't get 3 boxes.
They would need 3 days to get the 3rd box.

14 days * 6 "Guiding Star" a day = 84.

So, premium users can almost get 3 boxes, free to play can get 1 box and barely a bit more...

In short: premium users can ALMOST buy 3 boxes. I was wrong.

15 minutes ago, LynMasterRace said:

They've also always sold Call to Arms keys near the end of C2A, and it's only for people that failed to start the event on time or cannot otherwise complete it.

So? I don't care.

This doesn't make me wrong...

17 minutes ago, LynMasterRace said:

So much is wrong with this post.

The "So much wrong [...]" is just me not eyeballing the number of boxes correctly...

Wow...........

12 minutes ago, LynMasterRace said:

I will agree the keys should not be in a bundle and be all separate purchases.

That would be good, yes, but would be too much work for them.
Inserting 11 different items into F10 is probably very annoying, as well as buying the items separately.

And the price is way too high.
50€ for the full thing is A LOT for gear that was outdated since whenever the new raid was launched...

I know it was before May...

Oh, and don't forget: you still have to wait 18 hours per key that you paid!

Edited by Cupidstar

• NCSOFT
On 10/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, DonLegend said:

It would be great if the event could get extended for 1 more week because it's one of the main reasons me and my friends came back to the game but we knew about it late because nothing about it was mentioned in the newsletter and it's a great chance for new and returning players to catch up a bit.  

Welcome back!

And unfortunately, Call to Arms will not be extended. 😞 It will end this Wednesday and new events will start.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Hime said:

Welcome back!

And unfortunately, Call to Arms will not be extended. 😞 It will end this Wednesday and new events will start.

Well was hoping it could get extended but that's okay thanks for answering tho. Is there any possibility to add keys separately It would help a lot for players that only need 1-2 keys.

5 minutes ago, DonLegend said:

Well was hoping it could get extended but that's okay thanks for answering tho. Is there any possibility to add keys separately It would help a lot for players that only need 1-2 keys.

You have enough time to get enough remnants for 2 keys 😄 You can still do dailies tomorrow. That's 600 remnants (without Spectral Shrine Master Class: Extra Credit, Soulstone Plains, Primeweald) + you will get 100 remnants in your mail soon. That's 100 remnants short from 2 keys, but if you have 100 remnants it should be allright / maybe you can do some more today (or try to do those 3 mentioned).

8 minutes ago, Hungibungi said:

You have enough time to get enough remnants for 2 keys 😄 You can still do dailies tomorrow. That's 600 remnants (without Spectral Shrine Master Class: Extra Credit, Soulstone Plains, Primeweald) + you will get 100 remnants in your mail soon. That's 100 remnants short from 2 keys, but if you have 100 remnants it should be allright / maybe you can do some more today (or try to do those 3 mentioned).

I wish that i needed 2 keys, am still at stage 6 sadly with my calculations by the end i will hopefully have enough to get stage 10 so i will still need 2 keys which i can't get. I will be honest if this event was mentioned in the emails we get from the newsletter i would have played early but unfortunately it wasn't mentioned so i started late. I also think that it's better for the game and the players to put the keys separately this way more players would have the incentive to buy them.   

Edited by DonLegend
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 7:14 PM, DonLegend said:

I know they said that they can't extend it but at some point, we SHOULD be getting a new system called Soul Fiesta, which is like Call to Arms but on steroids. It is a way better system for everyone and in Korea, it lasts for 6 months or so. It's meant to help newer players gear up. It's just unfortunate that it takes so long for us to get these QoL changes here in the West. I was actually hoping that Soul Boost would come instead of Call to Arms in September.  

If you got to stage 6 of the box, then you'll have TB6 which is still good! I wouldn't give up on the game just yet if you couldn't complete C2A and tell your friends about Soul Boost, too. Do the next event too for the Silversteel weapon mat for future use.

And I do agree that they need to advertise these events better and make it a priority.

PZYpyJF.png

9 hours ago, Gengar said:

I know they said that they can't extend it but at some point, we SHOULD be getting a new system called Soul Fiesta, which is like Call to Arms but on steroids. It is a way better system for everyone and in Korea, it lasts for 6 months or so. It's meant to help newer players gear up. It's just unfortunate that it takes so long for us to get these QoL changes here in the West. I was actually hoping that Soul Boost would come instead of Call to Arms in September.  

If you got to stage 6 of the box, then you'll have TB6 which is still good! I wouldn't give up on the game just yet if you couldn't complete C2A and tell your friends about Soul Boost, too. Do the next event too for the Silversteel weapon mat for future use.

And I do agree that they need to advertise these events better and make it a priority.

PZYpyJF.png

Well that would be amazing to have here i hope they will deliver it quick and not after a 7 or 10 months cuz for new players without the C2A event they are really stuck and will fall behind even more with the new weapon and gear which we will get soon so they need to do something about that.  

On 10/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, Yunilesca said:

Yes?

Wasn't the CTA event obvious for f2p players, or do I need to spell it out for you? 

if you can get new people into the game and give them free gear, then only have 5-10% stay and actually spend money, they did their job. This isn't about F2P players