RnG IN CRAFTING PTS

Fawda

tried crafting pts failed 9 times in a row then contacted support and they told me that i should post on forums and get other players feedback as well and dev team may do sth about it
at this moment i tried crafting again (cause iam addicted) and its 2 out of 17 T_T

Untitledsdadas.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fawda said:

well this is not other regions what applies there cant apply here
u cant be comparing both

You can compare both, cause if you do you can see our region has it already much much easier in terms of upgrades compared to the others.

In the regions where PTs are 100% transmute they are even used as event currency to exchange for items.

I mean people complain about PTS being rng but...if you look at the bigger picture our region doenst have it that bad. Plus i can  almost guarantee you if PTS were easier to make / get other things would change to accomodate that, be it higher material cost, or more PTS needed for upgrades so that essentially you would end up the same if not worse.

u dont get the point i dont mind it being rng as i stated in my ticket
i mind it being 9 times in a  row failed
and its up to 2 only times successful out of 17 times i stopped atm (its an 11% success)
so how about we stop talking about comparing it to a region that have 100% success rate as other regions r way ahead of us in everything and the currency there isnt as us we play with small numbers in both gold or mats

Edited by Fawda

10 hours ago, Fawda said:

u dont get the point i dont mind it being rng as i stated in my ticket
i mind it being 9 times in a  row failed
and its up to 2 only times successful out of 17 times i stopped atm (its an 11% success)
so how about we stop talking about comparing it to a region that have 100% success rate as other regions r way ahead of us in everything and the currency there isnt as us we play with small numbers in both gold or mats

You dont mind rng but you mind it fails 9 times in a row....thats RNG.

Also the transmute chance of PTS are approx 30-40%, that means out of 100 attempts you are successfull 30-40 times (ideally)

Bottom line is if you dont mind the rng, then what is this topic for? You can always sell the mats and buy the stones from F5.

38 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Also the transmute chance of PTS are approx 30-40%, that means out of 100 attempts you are successfull 30-40 times (ideally)

Bottom line is if you dont mind the rng, then what is this topic for? You can always sell the mats and buy the stones from F5.

There is good RNG and there is bad RNG in game, failure chance on crafting is definitely bad RNG, ultimately it doesn't mater if you invest time to get a rare drop or throw away materials because it fails, but it feels different.

Losing materials you collected over a time span and getting nothing for it feels like regress, like you lost something valuable, failure...it is demotivating and frustrating.

Spending time and working towards something and then finally getting it feels like progress, success.

Edited by Arohk
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Arohk said:

There is good RNG and there is bad RNG in game, failure chance on crafting is definitely bad RNG, ultimately it doesn't mater if you invest time to get a rare drop or throw away materials because it fails, but it feels different.

Losing materials you collected over a time span and getting nothing for it feels like regress, like you lost something valuable, failure...it is demotivating and frustrating.

Spending time and working towards something and then finally getting it feels like progress, success.

But thats how things are in games. There are games out there that have a chance to fail when upgrading with materials, there are games where upgrades get rng based stats, there are games there where the stats on the legendary weapon you get are randomized and you need to get a few to get the ideal ones and the grind is hell.

Its nothing new in games. Honestly i rather have PTS as they are now, instead of getting a disaster like the honing oils or increase their amounts to upgrade X times.

there need to be sinks like this in games.

The only thing i think they should do is to add PTS to events similar to a DGS ratio. Or add 1 PTS to the drop table of solo dungeons with a low chance (like DGS in outlaw island)

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

i think u didnt read the support respond this is not about me buying from f5 since pts in f5 r still crafted from players which means the same problem ( the mats used in pts is slightly less than half of its price so two fails equal 1 pts - the transformation stones price)
30%>40% means 30 to 40 times yeah and shouldnt be ideally it should be what happens idk where u got these numbers but it still means 3 to 4 times out of 10 (since we dont need 30 pts to get sth) and it could mean 300 to 400 out of 1k so u wanna tell me fail up to 70 times before u get a pts thats where the game should have improvement as it should be considered with 10 pts that gurantee 3 at least would succeed with a chance of more  and i failed the 10 times iam sure other ppl have gotten as bad rng as iam but didnt write about it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fawda said:

i think u didnt read the support respond this is not about me buying from f5 since pts in f5 r still crafted from players which means the same problem ( the mats used in pts is slightly less than half of its price so two fails equal 1 pts - the transformation stones price)
30%>40% means 30 to 40 times yeah and shouldnt be ideally it should be what happens idk where u got these numbers but it still means 3 to 4 times out of 10 (since we dont need 30 pts to get sth) and it could mean 300 to 400 out of 1k so u wanna tell me fail up to 70 times before u get a pts thats where the game should have improvement as it should be considered with 10 pts that gurantee 3 at least would succeed with a chance of more  and i failed the 10 times iam sure other ppl have gotten as bad rng as iam but didnt write about it

Just for laughs i tried making 10 stones (because i have more than enough materials for it) made 5 out of 10 attempts. So success rate 50%.

thats how rng works.

thats 2500g+ from selling them .

Edited by Grimoir

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Just for laughs i tried making 10 stones (because i have more than enough materials for it) made 5 out of 10 attempts. So success rate 50%.

thats how rng works.

thats 2500g+ from selling them .

and this shows more u dont rly know the % just saying random stuff

1 hour ago, Fawda said:

On one of the streams....quite some time ago they said how much it was, then at a later point the chance was slightly increased. was somewhere last year or 2 years ago.

Another post where people dont understand what is rng and what is probability, beign 2 separated things in mathematics. LOL

PTS is not rng, its just a minus probabilty of succes. when somethjing is random, you have the same opportunities of failing as getting done. Thats not what is happening in this game. YOu have 10% of succes and 90% of failure. Thats not RNG

Why the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ you dont get it?

Anmd grimoir is a fanboy, dont even try to argue with him lol. 

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

But thats how things are in games. There are games out there that have a chance to fail when upgrading with materials, there are games where upgrades get rng based stats, there are games there where the stats on the legendary weapon you get are randomized and you need to get a few to get the ideal ones and the grind is hell.

Its nothing new in games. Honestly i rather have PTS as they are now, instead of getting a disaster like the honing oils or increase their amounts to upgrade X times.

there need to be sinks like this in games.

The only thing i think they should do is to add PTS to events similar to a DGS ratio. Or add 1 PTS to the drop table of solo dungeons with a low chance (like DGS in outlaw island)

Thats what happen in p2w games. They make you play ands play and play, and fail and fail and fail, so you just buy it. Easy as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:30 AM, Fawda said:

Fawda,

I feel you.

Don't trust those people who said 50% success rate because it is definitely not the case.

They are just being lucky.

I support this thread.

This RNG transmute in BnS is terrible.

You should implement an improving RnG system like that of Black Dessert Online whereby the more failures you get > The higher RNG chance you will have to assist you in getting a success.

Dude, don't argue wiith grimoir, he is in every post making up excuses to deffend ncsoft...

I doubt this rng on PTS is 50% success chance... because out of 22 try(just tried one more now) i just successful 2 times, then how is it 50%?

If you want PTS u better farm 3x more, sell materials and buy it or wait for trove/rng box and throw in a few dollars, then u'll have PTS.

Edited by EasleyRR

8 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

Dude, don't argue wiith grimoir, he is in every post making up excuses to deffend ncsoft...

I doubt this rng on PTS is 50% success chance... because out of 22 try(just tried one more now) i just successful 2 times, then how is it 50%?

If you want PTS u better farm 3x more, sell materials and buy it or wait for trove/rng box and throw in a few dollars, then u'll have PTS.

You need to READ and understand what you are reading.

I never said the chance on PTS is 50%. I said out of 10 attempts i made 5 stones which is 50% success rate based on the 10 tries.

Actual PTS chance is around 30-40%.

Also i never defended anyone i merely pointed out other factors to count in. Never have i said the rate is good and should stay as is.

Next time please understand what you are reading before putting words in peoples mouths.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You need to READ and understand what you are reading.

I never said the chance on PTS is 50%. I said out of 10 attempts i made 5 stones which is 50% success rate based on the 10 tries.

Actual PTS chance is around 30-40%.

Also i never defended anyone i merely pointed out other factors to count in. Never have i said the rate is good and should stay as is.

Next time please understand what you are reading before putting words in peoples mouths.

Could you please show me where i wrote that "you said chance is 50%"?

I mentioned the 50% because i see most ppl saying it's 50%.

I didnt wrote you said it, if i had to do so, i would mention ur name.

Have a nice day, boy.