Auto-Fish Fail Bug

NightWish

Is it possible when Auto-Fishing for a System message to come up and say Fishing Failed? Not allowing you to resume fishing and ultimately prevent you from auto-fishing? This has occurred multiple times and in the past I have never seen this and want to make sure its not just me. 

If the situations gets worse I will create a ticket. I have logged out and logged back in and that seems to have helped for now.

Edited by NightWish

I am having the same issue, the moment the fishing float splashes it will give me this message and then stop fishing. I've done this multiple times with both the normal auto and the Taigong bait.

Edited by Aulann
it's all docks it seems

I just came back from afk auto fishing for 2 hours just to find out that my char has only spent like 20-30 auto baits and is iddling there. This happens regularly unfortunately and I am not talking about server reset. Today I also checked messages and couldnt find any "auto fishing failed".

If this doesnt get e fix than auto fishing is another failed BnS event. Like many.

Edited by Backstabpuss

:tears: Oh no this is a most unfortunate turn of events. Yes ever since this new patch the Auto fish fail has occurred. I wonder if its part of the system now where it ensures you are not AFK. That would be very displeasing. What would be the purpose of purchasing auto-bait if its just bound to fail. Is this an actual rule that we are not aware of. That all are not allowed to be afk while auto-fishing? The joy of fishing would be ruined. Its most troubling to have to go back every now and then just to ensure your not afk.

BnS Gods and Goddesses hear are prayers. Wait, could it be possible that the waters of these regions only have a certain amount of fish and we took them all and

now they are going extinct :shock:.  This might seem far fetched but their is also the possibility that the sea creatures have summoned their guardian that stowaway lyn to rebel and attack the fishers and be the sole cause of the curse of the fisher. These are troubling times :embarrassed:

Edited by NightWish

5 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

I just came back from afk auto fishing for 2 hours just to find out that my char has only spent like 20-30 auto baits and is iddling there. This happens regularly unfortunately and I am not talking about server reset. Today I also checked messages and couldnt find any "auto fishing failed".

If this doesnt get e fix than auto fishing is another failed BnS event. Like many.

this. i keep getting stopped after around 20 baits...

10 hours ago, nukdae51 said:

My autofishing stopped. Then I read the chat box. 90,000 pearls is a limit. Once reached it will not work. Turned in the pearls and the fishing worked again.

Stop trying to be smart. We already know the pearl limit. Auto fishing just stops randomly.

I am yet to discover the real reason but I suspect it could be the system messages. I just dont know which and if all of them. Its definetely a bug.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup I am also getting the Auto-Fail! I thought was random at one time, tripped by local events, like other player's effects and local fighting (Moon Refuge). This week however I looked at it. I bought Taigon's auto bait from the store 300+100 then spent 100 gold at the vendor for another 1000 auto bait. That is within the limit for fishing so all are used. This means around 10 hours of fishing with one interruption for switching bait from Taigon to regular auto bait.  For 8 days I fished Dasari North (across lake) without interruption, until yesterday and today. I am on my own most of the time, and occasionally there is one or two other players. Sometimes I switch channels to find a quiet spot. Yesterday I recorded 10 auto-fails which is not that bad from 1400, but was still a PITA. Today I had 60 auto-fails. I had 35 one after the other at Dasari North. No one around. I changed channel again and moved to Dasari West. I had another 25 here but were broken up and not in a solid block. This is with Blade and Soul the only and active screen open. Only windows tasks running in the background (6 core Processor). With monitoring and normal day to day living, checking and restarting the fishing went from 10 hours approx. to 16 hours! 

Bring back the A Team!