Garnet and Obsidian Suggestion

Deamon

I am not sure if this is the place to post this but I have an idea that would great improve my quality of life in Blade and Soul. I do Tower of Infinity almost every day so I have a bunch of Hexagonal Dueler Obsidian and Hexagonal Dueler Garnets with no intention of fusing and/or using them. Is there a plan or could a plan be made to make it possible to transmute these dueler gems into regular gems and vice versa so that they are useful to me? I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter :HajoonCheer:.

25 minutes ago, Deamon said:

If I was buying them with arena points or battleground points I'd agree but Tower of Infinity is not really PVP in my opinion.

It is considered PVP content. Hence the PVP soulshield drops and PVP gem drops.  PVP is not just  limited to Arena and Battlegrounds.

TOI is PVP cause you compete with other players so i disagree with OP aswell.

As long as PVP Players are forced to do PVE i am against removeing PVP stuff for PVE Players cause they already have no need for PVP at all expect for Moonstones while PVP players need to:

1. Do the daily for the Keys (there are no PVP quests in Daily)

2. Do the weekly for the keys (only 3 PVP quests but u need 5)

3. Farm Elysians, Sacred Orbs etc. since you litterly only get Soul stones and Moonstones from PVP.

4. Run the Dungeons up to 200 Times to get ur legendary stuff

5. Invest into PVE Gear cause you need gear to farm ur PVP Gear.

The biggest Problem here is even with PVE as PVP Player you will never have enough Keys to open the boxes and there is currently no way getting them outsite of PVE after youve dont your daily PVP quest.

Everything PVE Players are forced to do:

1. 6v6

And even that can be ignored if you farm somewhere else to get gold while PVP Players cannot ignore most of the stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

TOI is PVP cause you compete with other players so i disagree with OP aswell.

As long as PVP Players are forced to do PVE i am against removeing PVP stuff for PVE Players cause they already have no need for PVP at all expect for Moonstones while PVP players need to:

I am not asking for PVP gems to be removed I am asking for the ability to transmute them into PVE versions.

The current speed run event and challenge mode are PVE players competing against each other so I disagree about your reasoning for why TOI is PVP. The newest solo dungeons also always have weekly and season awards based on how competitive you are compared to other plays of your class.

As for your complaints regarding PVP players having to do PVE content that is definitely true for trial arena, TOI, 6s, and world PVP. The first 2 I consider PVE because they are against bots. 6s I agree should not scale with gear the way they do now but I cant control that. World PVP is almost dead but it is the only place where PVE gear should be viable against PVP gear in my opinion because they are in areas with PVE enemies as well. Arena and Shackled Isles both scale gear which I think all PVP (besides world PVP) should.

28 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I am not asking for PVP gems to be removed I am asking for the ability to transmute them into PVE versions.

The current speed run event and challenge mode are PVE players competing against each other so I disagree about your reasoning for why TOI is PVP. The newest solo dungeons also always have weekly and season awards based on how competitive you are compared to other plays of your class.

TOI is pvp because PVP stats matter in the higher floors. Crit defense, defense, piercing.... thats why its PVP content. It clearly states you can get those pvp gems from there,  if its PVe gems you want there are other means to get those hence the seperation. TOI gems are far too easy to get to allow them to transmute to PVE.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Deamon:

Ok i may have sent out the wrong message its just that this would be another thing which degrades PVP Content to please PVE Players and thats what i am against. Before ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up every PVP Aspect even more they should think about making PVP Playable again and even if its something so simple as removeing the time restriction from playing pvp again.

About if Toi is PVP i respect you oppinion even tho i think different id say its a hybrid mode but well.

Dont get me wrong i am no Hardcore PVP guy i play mostly PVE but the whole reason why i play mostly PVE is cause of Awakening (an update which favors PVE like litterly every update after awakening) it destroyed the balancing.

PVP definitely needs a total re-work. Arena heavily favors certain match ups and some classes are much stronger than others. Also the ping discrepancies by region make it much harder to enjoy. I can respect wanting to keep PVP and PVE separate but I just don't know what to do with these gems other than scrapping for one copper leaves a bad taste in my mouth because they're uncommon and should be worth more. Getting a gem powder or two from salvaging would be enough for me if transmuting them is too much.

I think the time restriction was put in because they could not get enough people interested in doing PVP and the que times at some points during the day were unbearable. Another separate problem is that some people seem to have multiple alts for arenaing for the weekly and season awards. Making the match rewards and dailies from winning more valuable while making the weekly and season awards one per account might hurt more than help but its the only idea I have for making PVP more popular.

6 v 6s also need to be more like Arena in my opinion, its the main reason I hate it because whales can roflstomp you too easily. World of Warcraft has a scaling PVP thing where the difference between max geared players in instanced PVP was like 5% or 10% based on gear. Adding something like that to 6 v 6s might be a good compromise so that geared players do get rewarded for their work without making non-geared players irrelevant in it.

4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

PVP definitely needs a total re-work. Arena heavily favors certain match ups and some classes are much stronger than others. Also the ping discrepancies by region make it much harder to enjoy. I can respect wanting to keep PVP and PVE separate but I just don't know what to do with these gems other than scrapping for one copper leaves a bad taste in my mouth because they're uncommon and should be worth more. Getting a gem powder or two from salvaging would be enough for me if transmuting them is too much.

I think the time restriction was put in because they could not get enough people interested in doing PVP and the que times at some points during the day were unbearable. Another separate problem is that some people seem to have multiple alts for arenaing for the weekly and season awards. Making the match rewards and dailies from winning more valuable while making the weekly and season awards one per account might hurt more than help but its the only idea I have for making PVP more popular.

6 v 6s also need to be more like Arena in my opinion, its the main reason I hate it because whales can roflstomp you too easily. World of Warcraft has a scaling PVP thing where the difference between max geared players in instanced PVP was like 5% or 10% based on gear. Adding something like that to 6 v 6s might be a good compromise so that geared players do get rewarded for their work without making non-geared players irrelevant in it.

Or you could keep the gems, since you might very much need them if we get the new SSP like faction area to farm moonstones like KR did o.o

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Deamon:

think the time restriction was put in because they could not get enough people interested in doing PVP and the que times at some points during the day were unbearable.

That was the idea they told us the problem is players knew themselve when to que up to get a match and it where more than 3 hours way more and everyday not only 3 days a week. (Talking about 3v3.)

If we talk about 1v1 this time restriction had no reason at all and cannot be justified cause the reason players didnt get ques was they where to high in plat for example not cause there where not enough players. You could find a match at any time.

Another separate problem is that some people seem to have multiple alts for arenaing for the weekly and season awards. Making the match rewards and dailies from winning more valuable while making the weekly and season awards one per account might hurt more than help but its the only idea I have for making PVP more popular.

Thats actully the only way to get a decent ammount of gold from PVP so i disagree on just doing it like you said. Either make it one char per class but give way more rewards or dont change it at all. All we need is that Silver counts too so we actully get 300 players per class in ranking and people will play more pvp since they actully have a chance to reach top 300 then.

Like i wrote multiple times NC will not do something which reduces their profit and BG is one of the biggest things they can profit from. The only thing i believe could happen is gear you can borrow for gold. Expensive enough that its better to build your gear yourselfe on the long run thou.

2 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

If we talk about 1v1 this time restriction had no reason at all and cannot be justified cause the reason players didnt get ques was they where to high in plat for example not cause there where not enough players. You could find a match at any time.

I'm always low gold and there was sometimes in the day where I wouldn't be able to have a match, within 5 or 10 minutes, but I agree with your point that 1v1 should be available more often than it is now.

Either make it one char per class but give way more rewards or dont change it at all. All we need is that Silver counts too so we actully get 300 players per class in ranking and people will play more pvp since they actully have a chance to reach top 300 then.

I like the one char per class idea. Adding rewards to Silver is an interesting idea although they would probably only get like 50 or less soul stones from the weekly rankings.

Like i wrote multiple times NC will not do something which reduces their profit and BG is one of the biggest things they can profit from

I completely agree with you about BGs its why I will continue to avoid doing them Q.Q.

Edited by Deamon

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Or you could keep the gems, since you might very much need them if we get the new SSP like faction area to farm moonstones like KR did o.o

The reason we're at the point of requiring 6s is exactly because of that. We were officially denied that area.
Back on topic!
They forced it so that your ToI tokens that you worked ever so hard for that were *meant* for PvP were removed, and weren't even compensated, so you had to start from scratch and get 30 bloodstones. This mean only PvE badges are relevant to ToI. The soul shields have also been removed to my knowledge, least I've not seen one in forever.
It requires PvE tokens in order to get an additional badge to run ToI, and the bots are easier to read than bosses. Your additional stats in there are even ap increase, crit chance, and so on. Again, PvE stats.
Going by this, it can be considered PvE. The only basis for it being PvP content are the garnet/obsidian and the fact bots aren't demons. I'd say it's a more difficult middle ground.

I didn't know about the SSP area that KR has and that we dont/never will.

3 hours ago, Laura099 said:

The soul shields have also been removed to my knowledge, least I've not seen one in forever.

I think they're only dropped from the stage 3 rewards and below but don't quote me on this. I know I see them for a little after the TOI season resets.

8 hours ago, Laura099 said:

The reason we're at the point of requiring 6s is exactly because of that. We were officially denied that area.
Back on topic!
They forced it so that your ToI tokens that you worked ever so hard for that were *meant* for PvP were removed, and weren't even compensated, so you had to start from scratch and get 30 bloodstones. This mean only PvE badges are relevant to ToI. The soul shields have also been removed to my knowledge, least I've not seen one in forever.
It requires PvE tokens in order to get an additional badge to run ToI, and the bots are easier to read than bosses. Your additional stats in there are even ap increase, crit chance, and so on. Again, PvE stats.
Going by this, it can be considered PvE. The only basis for it being PvP content are the garnet/obsidian and the fact bots aren't demons. I'd say it's a more difficult middle ground.

Well, i would agree to call it "middle ground" but still doesnt change the outcome. As for the badges you mention, if you mean the PVP versions, they were returned to the PVP vendor if i am not mistaking so you can buy them there.

36 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Well, i would agree to call it "middle ground" but still doesnt change the outcome. As for the badges you mention, if you mean the PVP versions, they were returned to the PVP vendor if i am not mistaking so you can buy them there.

I was more pointing out the irony that one of the two PvP badges they decided would have no involvement with ToI.