HMpoint buff stuff: speed + health regen

Astarae

1) in most real-life and DnD type games, if there is something that affects speed, that usually increases your chances of getting away or avoiding something -- like evading it.  I.e. shouldn't move speed increase your base evasion rate by 1%/point in speed (5% increments)?  I could see it not increasing your equipment's assistance in evasion, but certainly it would make sense if it increased your base rate by the same % as speed increased?  Example base 1200, equipment adds 3600, so total score would be 4800.  But for each increment in speed,

add 5%, so when movespeed is 25% faster, then your base would be 25% more, or 1500.  Your total would be 5100.  Realistically, that's only a 6% boost to overall score, which may not be that much, but should hopefully increase your overall evasion rate bit a point or so.

2) health regen -- seems like it doesn't work except in battle?  Why not have it give the same % bonus out of combat as well?  Combat regen is nice, but Regen to help your out-of-combat time (where you spend most of your time) would not only be a nicer perk, but make sense as well.

And follow your moms advice, if you don't have something nice or supportive to say, then think about not saying it! :playdumb:

1. No, because the stats you refer to are only move speed, evasion is gaine donly from skills or soulshields. Those are 2 different things and should not corelate to eachother.

2. Thats why its called combat health regen. If you are out of combat you dont need it, you can eat a dumpling and be done with it.

Grimoir, that last line was specifically for you. What part about being nice or supportive do you not understand?

The stats there are for whatever they are implemented to affect.  Are you stupid?  I didn't ask why it doesn't.  I am suggesting that I'd like to see it do that, yet you answer about "what is".  That has nothing to do with what I was saying.   Speed in normal life and other games is correlated to evasion, so don't pretend they aren't related to each other or that they shouldn't be.  

And the titles on the HM page are "Health regen" (not combat only as it reads in the tooltip), and Move Speed (not just running speed)...  You are just being plain stupid claiming that those items could not be made to affect normal regen and evasion because they currently don't.  Go get a clue somewhere.  What is it to you?  What is your problem, do you enjoy defecating on people's ideas all the time?  Go away.  You are not being helpful to other players.  Your constant negativity sucks.  The support people tell us to post ideas here, yet everyone has to put up with you saying nothing should be done and that they are wrong for thinking so.  

I know from what I read here, that I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of your trolling the users in this forum.  Go get a life someplace else.

Edited by Astarae

4 hours ago, Astarae said:

Grimoir, that last line was specifically for you. What part about being nice or supportive do you not understand?

The stats there are for whatever they are implemented to affect.  Are you stupid?  I didn't ask why it doesn't.  I am suggesting that I'd like to see it do that, yet you answer about "what is".  That has nothing to do with what I was saying.   Speed in normal life and other games is correlated to evasion, so don't pretend they aren't related to each other or that they shouldn't be.  

And the titles on the HM page are "Health regen" (not combat only as it reads in the tooltip), and Move Speed (not just running speed)...  You are just being plain stupid claiming that those items could not be made to affect normal regen and evasion because they currently don't.  Go get a clue somewhere.  What is it to you?  What is your problem, do you enjoy defecating on people's ideas all the time?  Go away.  You are not being helpful to other players.  Your constant negativity sucks.  The support people tell us to post ideas here, yet everyone has to put up with you saying nothing should be done and that they are wrong for thinking so.  

I know from what I read here, that I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of your trolling the users in this forum.  Go get a life someplace else.

If you make a post on the forums everyone can leave their own feedback on it and thats what i did. but to elaborate more:

1. Health regen is plit into 2 parts: HP regen and HP recovery, both which do different things. HP regen works out of combat, HP recovery doesnt.

Now, You basically do not need any bigger health regen out of combat, you have a plethora of items that easily fil lthat up for you that you basically get from everywhere. Not to mention the moment you engage in combat, combat health regen kicks in and your HP is full again.  There is nothing really needed to be changed here, all it would be is a waste of resources imo.

2. The HM point boost is for move speed and thats what it should only affect and is designed to do, if it would be boosting evasion it would be outright broken, especially on classes which already have high evasion and who get evasion through abilities, cause not all classes have the same amount of evasion. And no speed doesnt make you evade things since they will hit you either way, especially ranged projectiles which go to target and not area, its just a speed boost to move away / run.

The only way it would semi work decent is if per 5 point increment it would add 1% from the characters base evasion rate. Which would total up to a max of 5% from the base (not the total), if it were to be taken from the total, classes which boost their evasion through abilities would be outright broken, expecially since for some classes the evasion stat also affects other skills they have.

Now, my opinions may differ from yours, and you may or may not like it, but as i am not insulting you or targeting any specific comments towards you , would be appreciated for mutual respect if you could honor the same. thanks,

Edited by Grimoir

• NCSOFT

Greetings everybody,

This is a reminder that the forum is a discussion platform where people are sharing their opinions about a topic, not each other. The latter is a violation of our Code of Conduct and we strongly suggest to read said Code of Conduct to avoid any further issues.

You can find the Code of Conduct here: 

1) in real life that would be re-action time and has nothing to do with movement speed (a very slow runner could be much better at avoiding being punched in the face than a very fast runner) as for DnD not played much of it but from what I can tell your evasion stat is directly linked to your other stats... if they made it like that any character under the effects of a move speed boost would have boosted evasion and any character who is slowed / cc'd would have there evasion drop. From a "realism" point if view it makes sense to have 0 evasion while stunned, but if that really what you want them to implement? Doesn't sound like it would be very fun in pvp and in pve your evasion stat is more or less useless anyway.

2) HM points are ment to boost you in combat specifically, thats why you don't have things like stamina regen because there would be 0 logic in wasting points in out of combat stats so it's not worth the time to implement them when there plenty of other options... unless you would prefer they stopped working on updates / bug fixes ect. so they you wont have to eat a dumpling in exchange for lowering your in-combat stats.